Any truth to this rumor ? Thoughts?

BBBF

Liked Posts:
I hope they are just showing interest so they can sign him as a FA next year.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Nooooooooooo! Please don't.

Jones is too old to be forking over multiple 1sts, or a 1st and another high pick for at this stage of his career. That extra 1st the Bears have in next year's draft is critical until they know for sure whether Justin Fields is their guy moving forward.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I really hope not. Trading top picks then paying money for stars about to turn 30 just leads to that one season pop and then right back to the shithole for the Bears. You do this move once your team is stacked and you need 1 guy to put you over the top, not when you’re coming off a season finishing with the worst record in the nfl.

Keep the picks, draft well, keep signing FAs that can grow with the team. You can trade a 1st when it’s a lock this team will finish top 8 at worst.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point, which you obviously missed, is simply, because there may be a defensive end on the trading block doesn’t mean they will also be someone available at every other position. How many players get traded the week before the season opens?
Fuck you very much.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did not read the thread, but I'm going to go out on a huge limb and say no.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Trading for good players entering the downside (by age) of their career has generally not worked out well for the Bears. There are exceptions (Quinn) but even he was just a short term success.

Let's learn from experience and keep our draft picks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trading for good players entering the downside (by age) of their career has generally not worked out well for the Bears. There are exceptions (Quinn) but even he was just a short term success.

Let's learn from experience and keep our draft picks.
They didn’t trade for Quinn