Anyone else getting a little nervous?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Our offense has had one game where it clicked. It was fun to see but every other game our offense has looked bottom-10 in the league.

We should definitely win but there is nothing to be cocky about just yet.

Yet all they do is win. Should be undefeated if there was better coaching in the first game.

What makes me nervous is when Bears fans get cocky & overconfident.

They really don't play a role.
If Mitch had a New Years party on his mind that might change the outcome.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will be nervous until they consistently win games that they should.

God, they were like 1-8 in games they were favoured under Fox.

Going to take time to undo that.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not nervous. Right now I am grinning ear to ear while thinking about Patrick Omameh trying to block Akiem Hicks.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I will be nervous until they consistently win games that they should.

God, they were like 1-8 in games they were favoured under Fox.

Going to take time to undo that.

they were favored in games?

also I'm still not going around boasting that these Bears are world beaters. I'm still firmly entrenched in the pessimist category until they show consistency. it's been a lot more enjoyable to watch than previous campaigns at least.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
After listening to Nagy and the players over the past few days, they're not taking the Dolphins lightly.

The Bears could absolutely lose. This is the NFL, and the Dolphins do have talent. But if they lose, I don't think it'll be because they weren't ready or were looking past Miami.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a bad feeling about this game. I just hope they don't start getting big heads over one game over a crappy defense. This team had a history of laying an egg against CHIT tier teams.

Quite the opposite my former friend.

I have been practicing the 3 C's all day long...

... I am remaining:

A) Cool
B) Calm
C) Collected
A) Calm
2) Cool
III) Collected

Thanks

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
We have never seen how Nagy prepares the team after a bye. Normally you would think that would help us. We are rested, coming off a big win, and healthier (Miller, Floyd, Long). While the Dolphins are coming off two consecutive losses, and a banged up O-line.

I think we have a big advantage, but my ONLY worry is coming off the bye flat, and that is only because we have never seen what Nagy can do with a bye week.

This really is an important game that could either propel us on a run, or make us question the ability to compete against a lesser opponent (I believe they are a lesser team).

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Looking at this on paper, the Bears should absolutely own the Dolphins on defense. And while the Dolphins pass defense is good, committing to the run early to wear them down and open up the passing game later on seems like a safe and viable strategy. If the offense can manage like 14 - 17 pts, protect the ball, and control TOP I don't see how we can lose.

And I don't like it. Feels like a trap game. But it seems like the team mentality is solid, so hopefully this isn't the case. I think I'm just not used to them being good and all the media attention.
I don't really get nervous in general, but especially not before a game I am not playing in. I just watch.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If the defense is as good as most feel it is, I think it will be enough to win this game even if the offense goes back to being pretty lackluster with Trubisky. Tannehill doesn't deal well under pressure. Really, the Dolphins offense isn't that dangerous or even very good. I expect the Bears D to crush them.
And gase inexplicably refuses to use his best player, kenyon drake, as more than a change of pace.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being overly optimistic, and that gives me pause.
So you're a glass half full, but possibly half empty type of guy?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm nervous I might get sunburnt after lending out &/or losing my sunscreen during tailgating.

Nah...not my first rodeo. Pretty confident in this one simply due to MIA's OL issues and Bears solid ass D.

Predicting their first shutout &/or Bears D scoring more than MIA O.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
86 the high with 76% humidity. CRAMP CITY.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I think the defense only gets better as the season goes on. They are starting to have an identity as a defense which plays to their advantage. Teams are a bit more predictable considering who is coming off the edge and the pressure coming from all angles. This will give Vic a chance to use different coverages and schemes to create more turnovers and stuff runs on predicable plays.

The offense is a big what if which worries everyone but after seeing what it can be it worries me much less... The team will get better as the season goes on. Nor that worried here.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I’m never nervous, chicks did confidence. Bears win. Fuck the phins.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Miami has won three games for one reason. They lead the league in turnovers. If the Bears give the ball to the Dolphins, at home, then we could lose this game.

On paper we are better in just about all categories and the one they lead in, turnovers, they lead us by one. This should be a winnable game.

I think we dominate but we can't do what we did with Arizona with Miami. They aren't very good but they are better than Arizona.

28-10 Chicago.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This game, on paper, looks like the Cardinals game 2.0...Sup-par offense, average defense....(though on paper I think Arizona has a bit more star talent)

I don't see how we lose either, but could be close if Mitch decides to play like he did against the Cardinals..

I'd be truly stunned if the Dolphins hang 20+ on us...so all we need is Mitch to play at least below average and we should win this one handily

Dolphins pass D has 10 INTs and opposing QBs have a 75 rating against them. This will be a true test for Mitchell and a pass happy O.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dolphins pass D has 10 INTs and opposing QBs have a 75 rating against them. This will be a true test for Mitchell and a pass happy O.

I am sure the gameplan will take that into consideration. Teams can run on the Dolphins, I expect to see a fair amount of that. Tannehill has looked like hot garbage in his last two starts. He has a QB rating of 54 over his last two games. He is hobbled and is going up against a pass rush like Chicago. The Dolphins haven't shown that they can run the ball so this could be a very good game for the defense. We really have to limit mistakes. I don't want to put a leash on Trubisky, he needs to learn to play the game but if he can avoid catastrophic mistakes this is a game for the taking.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubs has certainly demonstrated that he's protective of the ball...sometimes too much so. All of last year proved that with no open WRs most the time.

Lots of Howard early & often.