Anyone go to Law School?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
No doubt you believe that now, but circumstances may change - keep an open mind.

And most importantly, regardless of your choice of practice, start in a major geographic market where there will be plenty of opportunities and options to choose from.
Thank you for the advice. I'll update someday lol

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I see. Thank you. Do you happen to know anyone who's had a permanent clerkship position?

I had a few friends clerk for Appellate judges for a few years before moving on to private practice. I clerked for a circuit court judge between my 1L and 2L year. It was a good experience.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Hey assholes I said I'd update someday so here I am, over 3 years on. I got my August LSAT back on the 31st, scored 166 (90th percentile). It was my second take, June was my first and it was a 162 (81st percentile). I had 5 PTs over 166 and know I can crack 170 on a good day, but I've decided not to retake as 166 is sufficient for me to achieve my goals. I'm happy with the improvement I made from June to August.

Not tryna brag about doing well, it's just a f****** standardized test and it's for info purposes for those fine folx whomst are unfamiliar with the LSAT.

Sending out applications this month.

@RacerX you are the first person I spoke to about going to law school, and you were gracious enough to give me advice, so thank you. I hope we get to run some pickleball one day. @jooo83 thank you too for your advice.

I'll update again someday, likely sooner this time.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hey assholes I said I'd update someday so here I am, over 3 years on. I got my August LSAT back on the 31st, scored 166 (90th percentile). It was my second take, June was my first and it was a 162 (81st percentile). I had 5 PTs over 166 and know I can crack 170 on a good day, but I've decided not to retake as 166 is sufficient for me to achieve my goals. I'm happy with the improvement I made from June to August.

Not tryna brag about doing well, it's just a f****** standardized test and it's for info purposes for those fine folx whomst are unfamiliar with the LSAT.

@RacerX you are the first person I spoke to about going to law school, and you were gracious enough to give me advice, so thank you. I hope we get to run some pickleball one day. @jooo83 thank you too for your advice.

Where are you applying to?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
No doubt you believe that now, but circumstances may change - keep an open mind.

And most importantly, regardless of your choice of practice, start in a major geographic market where there will be plenty of opportunities and options to choose from.
This is a big thing to consider for sure. My little brother just graduated law school @ Loyola in Los Angeles. He was able to nab a job immediately at some big LA firm(they offered him the job before he even took the bar exam), basically the firm and the school he went to have connections

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@Briggs is GOAT you bout to find out how fucking stupid our country really is.

When you get into the nitty gritty of the dumfucks who scribble out our laws in crayon, and the mental gymnastics they force themselves and thus the entire system to perform, just to function.... I hope you can even when you're done.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
@Briggs is GOAT you bout to find out how fucking stupid our country really is.

When you get into the nitty gritty of the dumfucks who scribble out our laws in crayon, and the mental gymnastics they force themselves and thus the entire system to perform, just to function.... I hope you can even when you're done.
I don't have any illusions about things like SCOTUS decisions. I do think one can do good work through the legal field though, especially on the ground in their community. That's my goal.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Awesome and congrats! Let those applications fly!!!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I have no law degree but I have stood in front of a judge a few times in my life and have experienced the justice system
I recommend going into being a public defender just from my personal experience they really need some good ones
It may not be the most lucrative but if you sprung even one innocent victim of the justice system like myself it would be a life well lived

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well I have no law degree but I have stood in front of a judge a few times in my life and have experienced the justice system
I recommend going into being a public defender just from my personal experience they really need some good ones
It may not be the most lucrative but if you sprung even one innocent victim of the justice system like myself it would be a life well lived
Seconded. Jimmy McGill started out as a public defender and his career turned out alright

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm open to being a PD so we'll see! Im glad you're past that point though.