Anyone go to Law School?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Got my first decision today, it was an acceptance! Hopefully many more to come, but all it takes is one.

Thanks to the CCS Family.
best of luck @Briggs is GOAT , hope it doesn't end up in one those crushing debt scenarios. I don't mean that as a discouragement, I just know it's hard, I took the LSAT but walked away when I saw the numbers post-graduation. That is also not meant to be discouraging and any of the lawyers here (looking at @RacerX ) can tell me to fuck off, it just scared me. Then I went to grad school and spent a decade paying off loans anyway

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
best of luck @Briggs is GOAT , hope it doesn't end up in one those crushing debt scenarios. I don't mean that as a discouragement, I just know it's hard, I took the LSAT but walked away when I saw the numbers post-graduation. That is also not meant to be discouraging and any of the lawyers here (looking at @RacerX ) can tell me to fuck off, it just scared me. Then I went to grad school and spent a decade paying off loans anyway
It won't end up in one of those crushing debt scenarios. I'm very lucky on this front.

Thank you for the well wishes.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't want to get sentimental here, but you've always seemed like a thoughtful fellow who weighs competing facts on this often very divisive board where people including me don't always say what they really mean. Sorry to gush but very happy for you.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I don't want to get sentimental here, but you've always seemed like a thoughtful fellow who weighs competing facts on this often very divisive board where people including me don't always say what they really mean. Sorry to gush but very happy for you.
Well thank you very much sir. I'll continue to update throughout my law school journey, and continue to root for the Bears and all that, and everything else too.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Well thank you very much sir. I'll continue to update throughout my law school journey, and continue to root for the Bears and all that, and everything else too.

just root for the bears? some run of the mill accountant got to run the bears for decades. think yuge..

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Got my first decision today, it was an acceptance! Hopefully many more to come, but all it takes is one.

Thanks to the CCS Family.
Congrats, BIG! That's outstanding. How many schools did you apply to, and the one you where you were accepted - where does that stack rank on your list of applications (Safety/sweet-spot/reach)?

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I graduated nearly 30 years ago, and the now-equivalent debt i graduated with is $148k.

Was it worth it? IDK, I took a corporate path rather than law firm, often I wish I had gone to B-school instead but I was too much of a ninja-combination of jock & stoner in both high school and college to get into a top-10 law program.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
You best be able to answer this now: wherein lie your interest: litigation or transactional? I will offer you free advice I never received.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I graduated nearly 30 years ago, and the now-equivalent debt i graduated with is $148k.

Was it worth it? IDK, I took a corporate path rather than law firm, often I wish I had gone to B-school instead but I was too much of a ninja-combination of jock & stoner in both high school and college to get into a top-10 law program.
Good on ya man, that load seemed like a debt I could never pay off but @Briggs is GOAT listen to these experienced folks and follow your dream

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Congrats, BIG! That's outstanding. How many schools did you apply to, and the one you where you were accepted - where does that stack rank on your list of applications (Safety/sweet-spot/reach)?
Thanks! Got a big boy scholarship too, very grateful for that. I have applied to 11 schools, and I'm going to send out 1 more, so it'll be 12 total.

The one I've been accepted to fell into the sweet-spot range I'd say. They like high LSATs, and relative to their LSAT 25th-75th I have a high one so I felt decently about it.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
You best be able to answer this now: wherein lie your interest: litigation or transactional? I will offer you free advice I never received.
I'm open minded rn, but I'm leaning towards litigation. I feel as though public speaking is one of my few talents. It's a very strange thing, as I have ridiculous amounts of anxiety BEFORE speaking publicly (to the point where I consider just taking a 0 on presentations and stuff), but then as soon as I stand up to do it I'm like, "huh, this is going to be just fine," and I do it just fine. People have always complimented me on my public speaking abilities, I guess I just gotta continue to do it cause those pre-game nerves really are tough on me.

So yeah, litigation is the front runner for me right now. We'll see how that pans out though over my time in school.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Remember those on your way up whenever you’re on your way down. They will remember
Not sure I'm going anywhere too high, but I do try to be nice to everyone, and that's something I'd like to keep doing for the rest of my life.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure I'm going anywhere too high, but I do try to be nice to everyone, and that's something I'd like to keep doing for the rest of my life.
Keep at it. People will accuse you (and I have been guilty of doing so when younger) of being elitist just by virtue of your profession. In short, just remember, fuck ‘em. They don’t know what you do or why you do it