PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted A-Ram to contribute to our home field advantage. This sucks

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to guess what X was thinking, I would say Castro, Ramirez, and Marmol or Marshall.

Marmol or Marshall don't deserve...cubs have lost the most games when leading

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Chipper going on the DL someone will have to replace him on the team.

Will it be Aramis?

Here is his rank among NL 3B (min 250 PA)

First in WAR
2nd in BA (by .001)
2nd in OBP
1st in SLG
1st in OPS
1st in wOBA
t-1st in wRC+
1st in RBI's
1st in HR's
2nd in runs

Without thinking about it he probably should have been on the All-Star team to begin with. Does he make it now?

he should be an allstar regardless of the injury.

But cmon with the WAR in every thread, it is getting old.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Castro, Ramirez and Sorian....wait...no....Marmol. Like it or not, Marmol's era and k's get a closer on a .500+ team in the ASG.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he should be an allstar regardless of the injury.

But cmon with the WAR in every thread, it is getting old.

ya..but there's a difference between siting war as your ONLY stat to validate a claim and using WAR along with a list of other statistics to base a claim..

WAR isnt a bad stat...but of course its flawed like every statistic in baseball(relies alot of wOBA)..using WAR independently because its a "conglomeration of offensive stats" isnt that impressive an argument..what if alot of his other offensive stats do not correlate with his WAR,whether positively or negatively?

in poodski's case...he not only cited WAR but a number of other offensive stats where a ram has done 3rd base wise

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sandoval is actually a good player offensively. He doesn't have the numbers due to being hurt for a few weeks, but taking Sandoval over Ramirez wouldn't be nearly as bad as Rolen. If they take Rolen, the NL should ask if they can use the DH for their 3B instead of their pitchers. It isn't like they let the pitchers throw long enough that they just wouldn't be pinch hit for anyway.

He'd be their quasi-utility guy. Pinch-hitting for pitchers doesn't really matter as the DH will be used for both squads.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
He'd be their quasi-utility guy. Pinch-hitting for pitchers doesn't really matter as the DH will be used for both squads.

Clearly missed the joke when I wrote that the NL should use the DH for the crappy 3B.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clearly missed the joke when I wrote that the NL should use the DH for the crappy 3B.

Interesting to see what Bochy does. If I were him I'd make Berkman the DH and put a better starting OF out there.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ya..but there's a difference between siting war as your ONLY stat to validate a claim and using WAR along with a list of other statistics to base a claim..

WAR isnt a bad stat...but of course its flawed like every statistic in baseball(relies alot of wOBA)..using WAR independently because its a "conglomeration of offensive stats" isnt that impressive an argument..what if alot of his other offensive stats do not correlate with his WAR,whether positively or negatively?

in poodski's case...he not only cited WAR but a number of other offensive stats where a ram has done 3rd base wise

This is a thread about if ARAM should be an allstar, I doubt players voting in others and coaches selecting players use WAR when they make their choice.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like the players probably bypassed him because the Cubs suck and Aramis was slumping to begin the season so I'm not surprised that he'd be left off the squad.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like the players probably bypassed him because the Cubs suck and Aramis was slumping to begin the season so I'm not surprised that he'd be left off the squad.

Not surprised something happening and shouldn't happen are two different things. I understand why Aramis was left off the squad. Doesn't make it any less glaring of an omission.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is a thread about if ARAM should be an allstar, I doubt players voting in others and coaches selecting players use WAR when they make their choice.

doesnt mean it isnt useful if it is not used independently

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used a ton of stats and he still cries about it.

Can't do anything right. Not even in haxball.

Crying? I have only seen 1 person cry(wanting to leave)here due to a certain individual pointing out the fact that soriano gets replaced in late inning games for defensive purposes, and for name calling.

The fact that in an all star conversation, WAR is never used to determine if a player should or shouldnt be an allstar. I see the other stats you posted, which is fine and I agree he should be an allstar, but WAR in a conversation with all star shit is just dumb. Plus the fact that you dont even need to use the flawed stat in your thread since the normal stats show he should be an allstar, even with the recent hot streak he has been on and him doing it once again when the games are meaningless. he still has all star numbers.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crying? I have only seen 1 person cry(wanting to leave)here due to a certain individual pointing out the fact that soriano gets replaced in late inning games for defensive purposes, and for name calling.

The fact that in an all star conversation, WAR is never used to determine if a player should or shouldnt be an allstar. I see the other stats you posted, which is fine and I agree he should be an allstar, but WAR in a conversation with all star shit is just dumb. Plus the fact that you dont even need to use the flawed stat in your thread since the normal stats show he should be an allstar, even with the recent hot streak he has been on and him doing it once again when the games are meaningless. he still has all star numbers.

Not going to let that one go, are you?

Last edited: