Are the packers playing the starters?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The plan will be to keep Rodgers of the field.

Montgomery will have a heavy task.Might need him to run for 130+ yards get a couple of touchdowns and run out the clock.

Unless we are going to star wars shoot out like in the Trestman years and we all know what happened in the last play.

Keep Rodgers off the field.

This is the most logical thing to do. A heavy dose of Montgomery and limit the amount of times Mitch has to drop back and read GBs zone coverages. Montgomery should really be featured every game, but even more so this game.

Unfortunately, this isn’t nagys favorite thing to do and he doesn’t seem to mind losing games because of it. We’re likely to see Mitch throw 40 times out of the gun and not nearly enough Montgomery

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I’m sick of hearing the Bears have to win this game or they aren’t for real or don’t deserve the playoffs. I guess the Titans don’t deserve the playoffs for getting blown out last night? The Packers are the best team in the NFL right now. It’s highly unlikely the Bears win, that doesn’t take away from the good things they have done this season. It also doesn’t mean if they qualify for the playoffs they don’t deserve it.
It's not a worthy thing, it is an attitude thing. It is how you go into the game mindset. Let's imagine the '85 Bears had to beat say Joe Montana and the Niners at their peak to advance. What you would have seen is Hampton and McMichael and Dent and Wilson and Marshall and the gang go whistle deaf and make sure Montana didn't finish the game in one piece. It is a mindset...

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we are going to beat the packers then we need to beat Aaron Rodgers. If that means someone is going to get ejected then so be it. ?

Rise

Liked Posts:
It's not a worthy thing, it is an attitude thing. It is how you go into the game mindset. Let's imagine the '85 Bears had to beat say Joe Montana and the Niners at their peak to advance. What you would have seen is Hampton and McMichael and Dent and Wilson and Marshall and the gang go whistle deaf and make sure Montana didn't finish the game in one piece. It is a mindset...

Yeah for the players. Not the couch warriors on CCS.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
There was a long shot the Packers would sit their starters. They are playing for the #1 seed. They will play just as hard for that seed as the Bears will to get into the playoffs

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Yeah the saying is “ to be the best beat the best” blah blah blahhhhh. We all know if Rodgers plays we are fucked. Our only chance is playing against the replacements.

They are most certainly playing their starters. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs and a bye is on the line.

/thread

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Obviously Rodgers is the key. However we always have a habit of making the Packers defense look unstoppable. Random DBs always have career games.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I’m sick of hearing the Bears have to win this game or they aren’t for real or don’t deserve the playoffs. I guess the Titans don’t deserve the playoffs for getting blown out last night? The Packers are the best team in the NFL right now. It’s highly unlikely the Bears win, that doesn’t take away from the good things they have done this season. It also doesn’t mean if they qualify for the playoffs they don’t deserve it.
I think win or lose its a good measuring stick of just how much this team has really improved. Either way im excited for the game.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Obviously Rodgers is the key. However we always have a habit of making the Packers defense look unstoppable. Random DBs always have career games.

This happens because the Bears are usually behind and then abandon the run.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
This is the most logical thing to do. A heavy dose of Montgomery and limit the amount of times Mitch has to drop back and read GBs zone coverages. Montgomery should really be featured every game, but even more so this game.

Unfortunately, this isn’t nagys favorite thing to do and he doesn’t seem to mind losing games because of it. We’re likely to see Mitch throw 40 times out of the gun and not nearly enough Montgomery

You dont change anything you keep doing what you have been doing the last 3 weeks .They didnt have Mitch throw out of the shotgun 40 times the last 3 weeks so they shouldn't now ? Hes under evaluation and Nagy should do whatever he needs to to give him a proper evaluation

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
stop being cowards, we can beat the Packers. If players approached this game like most of you do, we wouldnt have a chance in hell. pffft
I hope the Bears players have no short term memory as well but the fact is, we have not had a consistent solution for beating the Packers in the Aaron Rodgers era ever so it's hard for fans to carry a lot of optimism into this game short of hoping the Pack rest their starters. The bigger question for me is what the Bears health will look like. Will we have Fuller, Jaylon Johnson and Skrine back for our corners or is Aaron going to get to pick apart a Fuller, Duke Shelly and some elevated practice player all night. Can Hicks, Quinn and Mack get healthy enough for one game to actually put forth 100% and make Rodgers uncomfortable without added pressure (Rodgers has diagnosed and picked apart our blitz efforts every time we do them). Finally, I used to feel better with Fangio scheming to stop Rodgers than I do with Pagano. Can Pagano find someway to give Rodgers pause in diagnosing the look that gives the front 4 some time to get to him? I really hope they have Fuller follow Davante Adams where ever he goes on the field this game.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I hope the Bears players have no short term memory as well but the fact is, we have not had a consistent solution for beating the Packers in the Aaron Rodgers era ever so it's hard for fans to carry a lot of optimism into this game short of hoping the Pack rest their starters. The bigger question for me is what the Bears health will look like. Will we have Fuller, Jaylon Johnson and Skrine back for our corners or is Aaron going to get to pick apart a Fuller, Duke Shelly and some elevated practice player all night. Can Hicks, Quinn and Mack get healthy enough for one game to actually put forth 100% and make Rodgers uncomfortable without added pressure (Rodgers has diagnosed and picked apart our blitz efforts every time we do them). Finally, I used to feel better with Fangio scheming to stop Rodgers than I do with Pagano. Can Pagano find someway to give Rodgers pause in diagnosing the look that gives the front 4 some time to get to him? I really hope they have Fuller follow Davante Adams where ever he goes on the field this game.
You make some good points. We absolutely need to make Rodgers uncomfortable in the pocket, its a tall order obviously. Despite the fact that Pack has been beating us pretty regularly, Im hoping the team gets up for this game and gives them a hell of a fight. We've beat them before and we can certainly do it again. Looking forward to an awesome game this Sunday

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game really should be used to decide whether to keep Pagano. He can't ever rush 3 with 8 in zone coverage again and expect to have any chance of stopping Rodgers. Or worse, drop both Quinn and Mack into coverage.

Rodgers needs to be pressured preferably with a spy to rush him when he scrambles.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
You make some good points. We absolutely need to make Rodgers uncomfortable in the pocket, its a tall order obviously. Despite the fact that Pack has been beating us pretty regularly, Im hoping the team gets up for this game and gives them a hell of a fight. We've beat them before and we can certainly do it again. Looking forward to an awesome game this Sunday
That is our best scenario that Mack, Hicks and Quinn realize this is one of those games that doesn't come too often in their careers and they play out of their minds and up to the values of their contracts and make Rodger's day a nightmare. Hopefully our defensive backfield is healthy and are able to shut down Adams which goes a long way to holding back the Pack. On offense, we need to see them continue to build on the past few weeks and put up another 30+ point outing and avoid the back breaking mistakes.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the saying is “ to be the best beat the best” blah blah blahhhhh. We all know if Rodgers plays we are fucked. Our only chance is playing against the replacements.
I would prefer the Bears sack him until the Packers coaching staff pulls him for his own health and safety.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:

BE YOU

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Also, receive the first half kickoff if you get the choice.

Deferring might make sense most of the time, but no reason to continue to let Rodgers take a 7-0 lead in every single Bears/Packers game.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The question should be, are the Bears playing their starters?

It's gonna be a long game potentially with Kendle Vildor and Duke Shelley back there. And the Goldman hole continues to be a problem.....

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Why would they lose a bye... They own the tiebreaker and have 1 game to give they could lose #1 seed that's about it...