Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All of Luka's weaknesses are really coming through in these Finals. If he doesn't work on them, he may never sniff the Finals again. It's still surprising to me that the Mavs even got here to begin with. He's got to get in better shape, stop bitching to the refs on every play, run back on defense, and at least pretend like he's trying to play defense. It's been painful watching him this series.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boston to get the monkey off their backs. Very complete team.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
All of Luka's weaknesses are really coming through in these Finals. If he doesn't work on them, he may never sniff the Finals again. It's still surprising to me that the Mavs even got here to begin with. He's got to get in better shape, stop bitching to the refs on every play, run back on defense, and at least pretend like he's trying to play defense. It's been painful watching him this series.
Twice now the Luka led Mavs have made deep runs with teams that have another good guard and not much else. That 2022 team made the WCF, and lost to a superior Warriors team. They upset a 64 win Phoenix team in the 2nd round. This year, this Dallas team has been the underdog in every series, though once Kawhi got hurt in the first, it was clear they'd beat the Clippers. Their role players really over-performed all three rounds until Boston basically returned them back to their norm.

However, I agree with what knox and you say in that his weaknesses (and whining) are full on display and doing nothing to help the team ultimately win. Luka was foul baiting on offense and just hacking everyone on defense in the 2nd half, which was doing nothing to contribute to his team winning. He whined about every non-call or call on him. And yes, he's hardly the first player to do such a thing (LeBron whines all the time), but if you're not also adding production to the team in those moments, you're hurting them.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Worst finals since 2018 if not 2007.
If this ends up a sweep, I don't know a sweep in a NBA Finals that was exciting. So, generally, they're going to make for bad NBA Finals.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Twice now the Luka led Mavs have made deep runs with teams that have another good guard and not much else. That 2022 team made the WCF, and lost to a superior Warriors team. They upset a 64 win Phoenix team in the 2nd round. This year, this Dallas team has been the underdog in every series, though once Kawhi got hurt in the first, it was clear they'd beat the Clippers. Their role players really over-performed all three rounds until Boston basically returned them back to their norm.

However, I agree with what knox and you say in that his weaknesses (and whining) are full on display and doing nothing to help the team ultimately win. Luka was foul baiting on offense and just hacking everyone on defense in the 2nd half, which was doing nothing to contribute to his team winning. He whined about every non-call or call on him. And yes, he's hardly the first player to do such a thing (LeBron whines all the time), but if you're not also adding production to the team in those moments, you're hurting them.

In hindsight, it makes sense that they beat OKC. That's an incredibly young and inexperienced team. Outside of SGA, they don't truly have a star player, while Dallas has 2. Dallas also had the clear size advantage. Like you said, once Kawhi went down, that series against the Clippers was basically a wrap. I am surprised that they got through Minnesota fairly easily. But, KAT is known to have complete duds, so maybe it isn't too shocking. Idk.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’ve tried to watch some of these games but just couldn’t do it. Don’t think I’ve been able to make it past more than a quarter and a half.

Good for Boston though. They’ve been forever contenders for the past decade+ it seems. Now they’ll finally win one. I’m sure their fans are enjoying the series at least.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In hindsight, it makes sense that they beat OKC. That's an incredibly young and inexperienced team. Outside of SGA, they don't truly have a star player, while Dallas has 2. Dallas also had the clear size advantage. Like you said, once Kawhi went down, that series against the Clippers was basically a wrap. I am surprised that they got through Minnesota fairly easily. But, KAT is known to have complete duds, so maybe it isn't too shocking. Idk.
Yes, it wasn't that surprising. I never expected OKC to make the Finals or anything. I guess its still just a shock to me that Denver didn't actually pull it out, as I feel they would have gone to the Finals with ease if they got to play Dallas. Denver would also give Boston more problems and it'd be a way more interesting series than this has been.

Reactions: BNB

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, it wasn't that surprising. I never expected OKC to make the Finals or anything. I guess its still just a shock to me that Denver didn't actually pull it out, as I feel they would have gone to the Finals with ease if they got to play Dallas. Denver would also give Boston more problems and it'd be a way more interesting series than this has been.
Minnesota and Boston would have been more entertaining

Hell, the Lakers and Boston would have been more entertaining even

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Minnesota and Boston would have been more entertaining
Not so sure of Minnesota with the way Dallas was able to disable them. Seems like Jrue could lock up ANT. They frustrate KAT to where he implodes and thus Minnesota has the same problem they did vs Dallas.. lack of offense.

Boston has overcome in these playoffs their lack of clutch moments as well.
Hell, the Lakers and Boston would have been more entertaining even

LA/Boston is the NBA's wetdream that they will always strive for. Plus LeBron in the Finals is a rating boost no matter what.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not so sure of Minnesota with the way Dallas was able to disable them. Seems like Jrue could lock up ANT. They frustrate KAT to where he implodes and thus Minnesota has the same problem they did vs Dallas.. lack of offense.

Boston has overcome in these playoffs their lack of clutch moments as well.

LA/Boston is the NBA's wetdream that they will always strive for. Plus LeBron in the Finals is a rating boost no matter what.
oh, im not saying Minny beats Boston or anything...but id imagine they do better than dallas has. matchups matter and dallas is just a bad matchup for Minny. Minny didnt have the guards to keep up with Luka and Kyrie.

Minny does have the size to throw at Tatum and even Brown, though. Whereas, Dallas doesnt really.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kidd said they have to play their best 40 minutes to win. Someone want to tell him that there are 48 minutes to play?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
so when is game 7?!

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Monty Williams fired a year after signing a 6-year, 78 million dollar deal. He's got 65 million owed to him.
With that money coming in, idk why he'd ever coach again.