Not open for further replies.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think the question will become, "Are the Lakers self-destructing, or are the Mavs cold blooded closers?"

Aside from the Pau girlfriend drama, there really isn't any excuse for the Lakers. They have way to much depth to purely self destruct. I really think the Mavs got sick of choking with the most under-appreciated team in the west's top tier.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
agray.jpg
celebrities_male_77.jpg
napoleon_dynamite.jpg

Aaron Gray is actually napoleon Dynamite.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I think the question will become, "Are the Lakers self-destructing, or are the Mavs cold blooded closers?"

Aside from the Pau girlfriend drama, there really isn't any excuse for the Lakers. They have way to much depth to purely self destruct. I really think the Mavs got sick of choking with the most under-appreciated team in the west's top tier.

I think the bigger question is one of validation for Dirk Nowitzki. He's been massively underrated by many. In this series, Dirk has been the best player by far. He's been so amazing, he's gotten in Gasol's head. Dirk is knocking down shots with Gasol all over him and Gasol is becoming increasingly frustrated because of whats happening at both ends. Dirk has been punching Gasol in the mouth and there's been nothing that Gasol could do about it. Dirk has single-handedly taken, what for the Lakers is typically a position of strength (ie the PF), and turned it into a glaring weakness thats so significant that having Kobe and Bynum isnt even helping the Lakers.

There are other moving pieces. The Mavs are hitting shots from 3, which is also huge but the Schwerpunkt has been what has been happening at the PF position and Dirk has won that positional matchup so absolutely and completely that the Mavs are up 3-0.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take the 2001-2003 Wizards'-version of Jordan before I take this version (as much younger as he is) of Kobe Bryant. (I'll grant you it's a bold statement and not an easy choice)

Once players lose their explosiveness and start to lose their vertical, it is basically fair game and an even slate of comparison at that point.

This Kobe is old. He can only marginally drive the lane and it took him until Game 3 of this series to even get a lay-up/dunk in this series.

There's a reason Grant Hill is way better than guys much younger than him (Iverson, McGrady, Vince Carter). Hill has better all-around skills as a player than those guys. Same holds true in the Jordan-Bryant discussion.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Lakers had no business losing this series but that's basically what happens when you play in an apathetic fashion.

People are blaming Gasol... I do not.

I blame Phil Jackson and Lamar Odom, namely. Gasol is no longer the low-post scoring option on the Lakers due to the emergence of Andrew Bynum. The ball needs to be going through Gasol more than it has been to establish the triangle (in order to establish an inside and an outside option). That hasn't been the case in this series.

Kobe Bryant's unfounded optimism is ridiculous at this point. He was smiling and trying to send passive-aggressive messages through the media after all of their losses. And he still is.... Why is he being so cocky? Is he that stubborn that he actually believes that he can still consistently demand a double-team?

Why was Phil Jackson smiling and making jokes on the sideline until his team was literally a few minutes away from going down 0-3? He's not the Zen Master anymore. Rick Carlisle has out-coached him completely in this series.

Why was Odom telling someone in the Staples crowd, 'dont worry, we'll still win'? That was a stupid thing to say when you are down by 8 in the 4th quarter, at home.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are an improved Mavs' team with Tyson Chandler there. But they still should not be up 3-0 against the Lakers. The Lakers had no answer for the pick-and-roll and were improperly double-teaming Dirk Nowitzki.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I'll take the 2001-2003 Wizards'-version of Jordan before I take this version (as much younger as he is) of Kobe Bryant. (I'll grant you it's a bold statement and not an easy choice)

Once players lose their explosiveness and start to lose their vertical, it is basically fair game and an even slate of comparison at that point.

This Kobe is old. He can only marginally drive the lane and it took him until Game 3 of this series to even get a lay-up/dunk in this series.

There's a reason Grant Hill is way better than guys much younger than him (Iverson, McGrady, Vince Carter). Hill has better all-around skills as a player than those guys. Same holds true in the Jordan-Bryant discussion.

So players aren't as good when they lose their explosiveness. Good to know. Thats some keen insight into the obvious.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So players aren't as good when they lose their explosiveness. Good to know. Thats some keen insight into the obvious.

Talk to some Lakers' fans who insist that Kobe is still the best player in the NBA and you will know exactly where I'm coming from.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Talk to some Lakers' fans who insist that Kobe is still the best player in the NBA and you will know exactly where I'm coming from.

Aside from being inane, your references were also all over the place. But thats OK. Ill ask some Lakers fan about that as well.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Brother, that's a bold statement...and you can take the 2001 Jordan over Kobe...but that Jordan ain't better than Kobe at 31 years old...not even close...Kobe is still top 5 in the league arguably. Jordan wasn't top 20...this is a no brainer...

For example...put Kobe on the Bulls, they are favorites to win a championship...can't say that about Jordan in 2001-2003...you are exaggerating quite a bit there...

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I got the Grizz and Celtics today.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man Westbrook needs to know his role.

Happy the Grizz ate taking it to em

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Grizzlies to the NBA Finals...vs us! Yeah!!!

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dwayne Wade is a dirty mother fucker... he leg tackled rondo completely on purpose and then just walked away.

That's a cold hearted bitch move. Dirty dirty.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Dwayne Wade is a dirty mother fucker... he leg tackled rondo completely on purpose and then just walked away.

That's a cold hearted bitch move. Dirty dirty.

Yup. You better get ready because someone will no doubt try to defend him since he's from Chicago.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
And then Wade tries to take out Allen.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lost all respect for Dwyane Wade when he got lebitch and bosh spice to come play with him in little cuba.

Status
Not open for further replies.