Around the NFL - Free Agency Period

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Can we pretend this is the NBA (and he is already on our roster) and make this a "sign and trade"?

I refuse to believe the Bears' brass will look to Andy Dalton as the answer. I agree with others who have stated it - with Nick Foles already on the roster, this is redundant. Do we need an upgrade over Foles? Absolutely! Is it Dalton? Absolutely not.

I would honestly prefer Mitch.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope Dalton doesn't sign with the bears, but if he does, yes you'd think they'd move foles. But isn't foles a 3m cap hit to get rid of?

OTC says 2.6 with a June 1st designation. More if before. He’s got a weird contract so I dont know all the specifics

Perspective

Liked Posts:
Didn't Pace and Nagy clearly state everything is on the table? So they will go through that priority list....of course Wilson and Watson are higher up on the list .... but it takes two to tango and getting Dalton does not mean they will stop looking to upgrade.... what a bunch of cry babies on this site

Being linked to Dalton, Wentz, Winston etc can actually help make the Texans or Seahawks escalate any trade plans if they want to trade their QB .... they don't want to be left with their QB who may not play with no market left and all the leverage with the buying team ....

If opening day comes around and all the Bears do is have Dalton and Foles on the roster, I will join all of you in criticizing them .... but until then hold off fellas.... lot of game still left to be played....

46plank

Liked Posts:
Sorry but even pace isn’t stupid enough to think he can bring Dalton in and hope to keep everyone happy. After all the talk of “major” change at QB, this would be the ultimate fail. He would not get another GM job anytime soon, and he knows that. Something is going to happen soon, I just hope it’s good for the franchise and the fans.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I didn't read thru all the pages but Jameis Winston and Fitzpatrick inked their new deals.

Bears choices are getting limited!

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have a handful of options left in FA. Then there’s trades and the draft. The problem is there is no easy, obvious solution.

Even if there were, the Bears would likely screw it up.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs back tracking on Dalton this morning on the SCORE