Around The NHL

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Postseason threads coming in the next 24ish hours.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Dale Tallon has been named GM of the Florida Panthers... you got that right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monday Bloody Monday in the NHL yesterday. Lots of coaching/GM changes.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not surprised.

I'm kinda wondering if one of our assistants gets poached to fill a vacancy. Hopefully Kitch.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe Kompon will come back to piss off fisch

:-v

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heard Kevin Dineen's name mentioned on a few shows already.
Yeah...it would suck but hey, good for Dineen. I'd hope Kitch goes 1st--instant special teams boost.
Maybe Kompon will come back to piss off fisch

:-v

Considering Kompon couldn't hack it in Portland, i don't think he goes directly to a head coach...could see him as an assistant in Vegas...or possibly coming back here to fill a vacancy (much to our dismay).

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah...it would suck but hey, good for Dineen. I'd hope Kitch goes 1st--instant special teams boost.

Considering Kompon couldn't hack it in Portland, i don't think he goes directly to a head coach...could see him as an assistant in Vegas...or possibly coming back here to fill a vacancy (much to our dismay).
I don't get how people think this. Kitchen running the D shifting and pking numbers if not for some reason every October they are brutal at it. They were brutal in October/November years before like 2013-14 too hut without those slow starts league wide they're top ten pk in most these years

Dineen has run these power plays that are never spectacular.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Kompon is currently an assistant in Winnipeg, so I don't see how a lateral move to Vegas makes much sense for him unless Wpg doesn't have him back.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kompon is currently an assistant in Winnipeg, so I don't see how a lateral move to Vegas makes much sense for him unless Wpg doesn't have him back.
Got it...I lost track of him after Portland canned his ass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I don't get how people think this. Kitchen running the D shifting and pking numbers if not for some reason every October they are brutal at it. They were brutal in October/November years before like 2013-14 too hut without those slow starts league wide they're top ten pk in most these years

Dineen has run these power plays that are never spectacular.

I never get the blame that people place on assistant coaches. Probably the third person/group to blame in regards to special teams after the players themselves and the head coach. If people really think that Kitchen/Dineen have so much say that they overrule what Q wants...then I don't know what to tell them. Q definitely sets up the systems and simply has the assistants run them with the very close guidance of Q himself.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
uummm ooook... WTF....

http://abcnews.go.com/Weird/wireStory/ashes-late-nhl-enforcer-bob-probert-spread-penalty-46726142

"Probert's daughter, Brogan, tweeted Sunday that she "can't think of a better place" for her father's ashes."

I can, I know he loved the game, and loved his family and teammates but how about not celebrating the place that probably had the biggest impact on his death at the too young age of 45.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. And to put it in a building that's getting demolished soon (I assume). So strange.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I thought that was weird too. And to put it in a building that's getting demolished soon (I assume). So strange.
It's fucking stupid. It's like everyone in that organization has CTE or something....

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, very strange with it being demolished. RIP Probie.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Dmelt, do you unpin this for a reason or was it an accident?