Article: 1 Valuable Piece To Be Moved For A Few.........nevermind

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Well, if the route chosen by KW begins and ends with splitting up value given by one piece and trying to spread it two or three different ways via trade, this team is likely going to suck once again. This team more than likely isn't going to acquire the piece that turns the offense from a marginally above-average one into a well above average squad via a trade, it's just not going to happen, or at least isn't a reasonable expectation, considering that it is very likely Konerko doesn't post another career-year, Pierzynski might improve but will still be considered a net downgrade from his career averages up to this point, Vizquel isn't going to have another career year, and Quentin/Viciedo/Morel/Teahen are all question marks that are all, well, questionable. Adding Colby Rasmus to that isn't going to help all that much.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, if the route chosen by KW begins and ends with splitting up value given by one piece and trying to spread it two or three different ways via trade, this team is likely going to suck once again. This team more than likely isn't going to acquire the piece that turns the offense from a marginally above-average one into a well above average squad via a trade, it's just not going to happen, or at least isn't a reasonable expectation, considering that it is very likely Konerko doesn't post another career-year, Pierzynski might improve but will still be considered a net downgrade from his career averages up to this point, Vizquel isn't going to have another career year, and Quentin/Viciedo/Morel/Teahen are all question marks that are all, well, questionable. Adding Colby Rasmus to that isn't going to help all that much.

if aj is replaced by some make shift catcher
if konerko is replaced by danyan
if omar plays all the time
if we move a sp

I will be done.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
if we don't get some better players i'll throw up! This team is nowhere near what it needs to be to win a title!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if we don't get some better players i'll throw up! This team is nowhere near what it needs to be to win a title!

forget title for just 1 min, they arent even close to making the playoffs, maybe a .500 team

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Well the goals to win the title but playoffs first ya. Our pitching staff is almost there. Lineup..(i just threw up in my mouth a little) sucks! We have major holes to fill. Id sign Mariano as our closer too!! Add VMart, OF, put Q at DH, dayan at 3B, find a 1B if Paulie cant come back at a friendly price after getting MoRivera and Martinez

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the goals to win the title but playoffs first ya. Our pitching staff is almost there. Lineup..(i just threw up in my mouth a little) sucks! We have major holes to fill. Id sign Mariano as our closer too!! Add VMart, OF, put Q at DH, dayan at 3B, find a 1B if Paulie cant come back at a friendly price after getting MoRivera and Martinez

mo will never leave NYC. atleast I doubt it.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if aj is replaced by some make shift catcher
Gerald Laird- .207 avg

th_ssst.gif

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I want victor martinez! I dont pay much attention to beginning days of FA in baseball, do they sign quickly like in NFL?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
At $10 mill a season, Victor needs to sign with anyone but us.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
hey guys been laid up and am back hopefully to stay, I have no problem with our SPing and the BP will need some help maybe 1-2 arms but nothing major there IMO. The line up is another monster alltogether.

LF - Pierre can stay for at least another year and be adequate at the top,
CF - Rios is solid there
RF - HELP is needed in a big way Q is at best a DH if he can stay healthy
3B - Morel is solid defensively but can he hit ML pitching???
SS - Ramirez is solid and on the brink IMO of AS invite
2B - Bacon is more than capable of a comeback as he hit well after the AS break and is young
1B - If PK leaves we need a HELP!!! Dayan has not proven himself to be ready
C - AJ is not the answer all we have in the minors is Flowers/Phegley not too good
DH - Quentin is all we have and he can't seem to stay healthy

down on the farm:
Lil Danks can come up to play CF if you want to move Rios over but I wouldn't
Mitchell isn't ready needs at least 2 years IMO
Flowers reminds me of Borchard
Phegley has health issues
Morel needs to prove he can hit
Dayan is immature for the bigs IMO
Lillibridge is inconsistant and looks like a bust

GONE: IMO should be gone
A Jones
Kotsay
P Konerko
AJ Pierzynski
B Jenks

praying to God they leave
Teahan
Linebrink

I would resign Omar for 1yr

Castro and Williams already signed

BOTTOM LINE AS IS 2-4 YEARS AWAY FROM CONTENTION!!!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hey guys been laid up and am back hopefully to stay, I have no problem with our SPing and the BP will need some help maybe 1-2 arms but nothing major there IMO. The line up is another monster alltogether.

LF - Pierre can stay for at least another year and be adequate at the top,
CF - Rios is solid there
RF - HELP is needed in a big way Q is at best a DH if he can stay healthy
3B - Morel is solid defensively but can he hit ML pitching???
SS - Ramirez is solid and on the brink IMO of AS invite
2B - Bacon is more than capable of a comeback as he hit well after the AS break and is young
1B - If PK leaves we need a HELP!!! Dayan has not proven himself to be ready
C - AJ is not the answer all we have in the minors is Flowers/Phegley not too good
DH - Quentin is all we have and he can't seem to stay healthy

down on the farm:
Lil Danks can come up to play CF if you want to move Rios over but I wouldn't
Mitchell isn't ready needs at least 2 years IMO
Flowers reminds me of Borchard
Phegley has health issues
Morel needs to prove he can hit
Dayan is immature for the bigs IMO
Lillibridge is inconsistant and looks like a bust

GONE: IMO should be gone
A Jones
Kotsay
P Konerko
AJ Pierzynski
B Jenks

praying to God they leave
Teahan
Linebrink

I would resign Omar for 1yr

Castro and Williams already signed

BOTTOM LINE AS IS 2-4 YEARS AWAY FROM CONTENTION!!!

glad you are back!

Mike Check

Liked Posts:
I say re sign Konerko and AJ. You are not going to find better for the money in the FA market. Trade Gavin Floyd and that gives you another 5 mil to play with. Sign Jessie Crian; vey good reliever, will not cost much, and you hurt the Twins at the same time. Almost the entire Twins pen are free agents. Add a bat or two like Eric Hinske for off the bench. We DID win 88 games last year, and I think it's addition by subtraction by losing the Kotsay/Jones/Manny DH suckhole. Also give Morel a shot at third, and Teahen can be a high paid utility guy. God we could use his 5.5 mil for next year. That signing, and the swap of Hudson for E Jack cost the Sox $ 13.5 million in this year's cap. E Jack is a Fa after 2011, and Hudson will not be until 2015.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
thanks Dew

the team is not going to win anytime soon and if we resign ourselves to reality instead of believing the KW n Ozzie hype we won't be so disappointed next year.

I'm on the get rid of Ozzie n KW bandwagon and anyone here is welcome to jump onboard!!!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thanks Dew

the team is not going to win anytime soon and if we resign ourselves to reality instead of believing the KW n Ozzie hype we won't be so disappointed next year.

I'm on the get rid of Ozzie n KW bandwagon and anyone here is welcome to jump onboard!!![/QUOTE]

i think most of us have. i was a late coming to the get rid of ozzie party, but after reviewing the whole entire season (which is not a sample size) he made some very bad choices, one that i cant forgive is the mark kotsay shit.