Artie Levshunov

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Not lately.
Too many are ugly and insuting f others.
THAT is why I haven't been here in a long time.
No doubt there will be the usual scumbaggery asshole comments at what I just said.
Idk I spend a lot of time on ccs and I haven’t really seen too many people be that way unless @DanielCCSBears posts on the hawks forum as well

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish they accepted the trade offer back to #4 and ended up with Demidov.

Or completed the trade back to number 4 and took Demidov, or stayed at 2 and took Demidov.

I don't think they try to trade back up to #4 if there wasn't a rift in organization.

I like the trade up from 20 but for a defenseman, had they came away with best offensive player in draft two years in a row, as they should have, and then targeted moving up a few spots into that coveted top tier of 2024 defenseman.

Had we acquired #1 forward and #6 d-man prospect, it could have been a dynasty step, imo.

I don't understand what they did here, passing up a chance at pairing two generationals. Unfortunately the bar for the defenseman gets out really high and they arrive to NHL in same year.

The enthusiasm for this pick could have an 18 month shelf life.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There was nothing about Demidov that screamed generational. He played Russian MHL that is on par with the ECHL in the US.
Exactly. There was no way we were coming out of the draft will every single goatse.cx-sized hole in the lineup filled. Demi addresed one problem, Leshie addressed another. We got to choose one. Ditto with Boisvert & Eisermann.

KfC chose to fill the RHD and #2C holes in the lineup. The rest could be addressed via FA and trades. We'd have a similar, but inverse problem if we drafted Demi & Eisermann: holes in the lineup that we now have to fill in the FA and trade market.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Exactly. There was no way we were coming out of the draft will every single goatse.cx-sized hole in the lineup filled. Demi addresed one problem, Leshie addressed another. We got to choose one. Ditto with Boisvert & Eisermann.

KfC chose to fill the RHD and #2C holes in the lineup. The rest could be addressed via FA and trades. We'd have a similar, but inverse problem if we drafted Demi & Eisermann: holes in the lineup that we now have to fill in the FA and trade market.
No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I wanted to see Eisermann on the BHs.....I was 99 to 100% sure they weren't going to draft him. Main reason is, I've read he is a defensive liability. BHs are not drafting someone who doesn't play D, especially on the forecheck. Ain't happening....unless the player averages 2+ goals a game.....lol...... Getting TOs in your Offensive zone and preventing other teams from starting a 'rush' is crucial to playing D. And getting Neutral zone TOs that lead to 2-on-1s or Breakaways have a high probability of a goal. Eisermann doesn't bring that...again, from what I've read, not seen.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I wanted to see Eisermann on the BHs.....I was 99 to 100% sure they weren't going to draft him. Main reason is, I've read he is a defensive liability. BHs are not drafting someone who doesn't play D, especially on the forecheck. Ain't happening....unless the player averages 2+ goals a game.....lol...... Getting TOs in your Offensive zone and preventing other teams from starting a 'rush' is crucial to playing D. And getting Neutral zone TOs that lead to 2-on-1s or Breakaways have a high probability of a goal. Eisermann doesn't bring that...again, from what I've read, not seen.
That was my assessment on the 'why' as well. Great scorer and would look good with Bedard, but with only Vlassic playing any D (none of the rest of the team does) coupled with our goalie situation (Mr. Azek isn't bad, but he's no Crawford), getting guys who can play in all 3 zones is a more dire need than getting O-only players.

Better to win 2-1 than lose 5-4...in my opinion.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's kinda funny that Demidov has spent time learning English only to be drafted by Montreal.