At What Point Are You Done With The Bears?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Football is the only sport I watch. Bears are usually the only team I will watch all the time, but when they play like ass, like this year, I find I stop watching other games as well.

I'm in my 40s....where else do I have to go? :/

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
At what point is enough enough? Or are you planning on spending the rest of your days praying the McCaskey family gets a clue?

Honest question.
I’ll keep watching and rooting for my team until I die. Doesn’t mean I don’t watch other teams play and root for one of them to win. But they will never take my Bears place as my die hard team.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would I gain by switching teams? It's easy enough to turn the TV off when I've reached my limit for terrible football.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's like when somebody in your family is a total fuckup but you still try to support them as long as they're trying not to be.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
You’re not really a sports fan if you ask this question.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I agree that is a reasonable way to look at it, the Bears are the winningest team in the history of the NFL, the Bears have the most players in the Hall of Fame, they have the best winning percentage of the original teams (non-expansion). I believe they will cycle back to dominance, I also agree the current management is pretty bad. Go Bears, oh and go Lions this weekend...

meh. most of not all of that is a result of being one of the oldest teams in the league and winning a bunch of stuff in like 1940 when there were 4 teams. If this is a “cycle” it’s a really long one.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Well if nothing else this thread pointed out who some of the meatballs around here are.

I just mean that I really have no choice in the matter. I can’t make myself be a fan of another team. I guess that’s possible for some people. Not for me. I’ll always be a sports nerd. I’ll always be a football nerd. There is only 17 games a year. Once a week a third of the year. It’s really not a ton of time and dedication. I understand I also spend a bunch of time posting on this board and looking up stuff so I’m more involved than your average guy. We all are in that sense because we spend time here. My “quitting“ on the Bears is more like we‘re 4-10 and even though I’m watching the game I’m mostly indifferent. I’ll never actually just straight up quit the team. And with football the new year brings hope and you start thinking things will be different this year. This happens with all sports but the turnarounds actually do happen with football more than in other sports. Which is always in the back of you mind going into the season. So you always have hope.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Life long Bear fan.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's like when somebody in your family is a total fuckup but you still try to support them as long as they're trying not to be.

even that has its limits

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve been a fan for a long time so I temper my expectations. When they are as bad as they have been I just stop watching. I just watch other teams.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So is this one of those “let’s see who’s a real Bears fan” posts?

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I’m not done yet. This is mostly a factor of not having the motivation to invest myself in another team because with my luck I would pick incorrectly.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I will never not be a bears fan. But I’m old enough to not really give af one way or the other. They are good they got my attention. They are shit I have Sunday ticket and a life don’t need to waste it on a football team

Well said. They are nothing more than entertainment. When they suck like they do now, I watch better games on Sunday Ticket. When they are good I watch them more often. I never let their wins or losses affect my mood. They are playing sports for a living and do so for the highest bidder. They don't care about us and they don't care about rivalries that fans care about. I too have a life and don't let the results of sports have any effect on my life. The Bears are what they are. No amount of caring or spending money on them will change that.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
NEVER!!!!!! I miss any family get together no matter the occasion on Bears sundays. They all know where my loyalty lies.

That's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard meathead!

I hope you don't have kids and raise them to be a moron too.