Austin Booker. 5th round pick

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I'm going out on a limb here and say he won't be in Goal-line situations.....lol.......i know it's only one game, but did anyone see something they liked?
I saw him get several pressures, play to the whistle on every play and made some hustle tackles by not giving up. He showed some patience in his rush and some savy moves. He embarrassed the tackle a few times and there were a couple plays that could have been called holds.

I saw him win with an explosive inside step, bull rush a couple times and spin move. He's not running through the tackle on run plays but he keeps him at bay with his long arms and gets back in the play to make the tackle. He needs more bulk obviously and more awareness but he's barely played 1 year of college football. Good take for a developmental player if you ask me. I am not qualified to break down tape but his is what I see.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Absolutely hate this pick. I've seen every single snap of his and I ranked him as the most "meh" player for trading up in the 5th round of the 2024 draft.

Poles really botched this one. This guy couldn't even tackle tiny ass Brock Bowers. Fml

Worst Saturday ever.

msadows

Liked Posts:
hey this is the guy I brought up in the day 3 thread.

NFL.com had him as like the 4th best player left to start day 3 or something, and the best edge.

I don't know shit about the guy except that he was a career backup. Developmental guy with traits just like the OT we got in the 3rd.

I don't mind it since this is the type of players good teams try to take a chance on.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I saw him get several pressures, play to the whistle on every play and made some hustle tackles by not giving up. He showed some patience in his rush and some savy moves. He embarrassed the tackle a few times and there were a couple plays that could have been called holds.

I saw him win with an explosive inside step, bull rush a couple times and spin move. He's not running through the tackle on run plays but he keeps him at bay with his long arms and gets back in the play to make the tackle. He needs more bulk obviously and more awareness but he's barely played 1 year of college football. Good take for a developmental player if you ask me. I am not qualified to break down tape but his is what I see.
I see what you're saying....but, I didn't really see many finishes....'almost' making a play, doesn't work for me. But good coaching and experience will definitely be helpful.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I see what you're saying....but, I didn't really see many finishes....'almost' making a play, doesn't work for me.

He's a 5th round pick. Most of them suck.

This guy was #78 in dane bruglers "beast" tho, so there is that. NFL.com also had him as a 3rd round grade with a comp to maxx crosby.

Maybe fluss can earn his paycheck and develop this guy into a decent rotational piece...or maybe he's the next dominique robinson

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could not be more different
I only watched that video, never seen more of him, but I get the comp. A lot of effort expended just to get himself run out of plays. That's exactly how I remember Shea even if there are significant other differences.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I see what you're saying....but, I didn't really see many finishes....'almost' making a play, doesn't work for me.
He needs to bulk up for sure. It didnt help that the QB was pretty elusive and got out of the pocket quickly at any sign of pressure.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This guy needs to add 30 lbs at least which will put him at a 7.5 40. You all are out of your minds that he ever going to be anything other than a slow fat DOOFUS for the bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was afraid of this pick. I don't see this kid ever becoming big enough or strong enough to be a difference maker. I hope I am wrong, but I think he will be gone in 2 years.
Dominique Robinson is still here after two years sooooo....................................

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's a 5th round pick. Most of them suck.

This guy was #78 in dane bruglers "beast" tho, so there is that. NFL.com also had him as a 3rd round grade with a comp to maxx crosby.

Maybe fluss can earn his paycheck and develop this guy into a decent rotational piece...or maybe he's the next dominique robinson
You need to get it out of your head that you think every pick in the 3rd round to the end of the draft is worthless and will be a bust. You say it all the time.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This thread is so much win. His name is Alton, pshh.