Austin Booker

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Nice little breakdown here. (There’s a two minute fantasy football section you need to fast forward through in the middle)

For everyone wanting to trade for an edge just remember that means less playing/development time for this guy.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Trading a second rounder for Sweat made this defense a far more competitive unit. If a pass rusher of similar talent was available for a second rounder, I would pursue it.

But right now without having names in front of me of who is available, just stand pat and let the players use this year for valuable experience. There is no pressure to excel yet, so I'd rather hold my chips and let this year play out

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
lets not forget Taylor is still on the roster, too.

the need for EDGE this particular year isnt that great. at least not great enough to give up valuable high end draft picks

this offseason/draft will be the time to re evaluate the EDGING

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Sweat/Walker/Booker are the DEs under contract next season. DTaylor has looked good and is a likely extension target as well. Im not sure the Bears need another DE unless its an upgrade to the starting DE across from Sweat. Walker has been decent but unremarkable and he is a better pass rusher when bumped inside anyway, you can live with him as a DE2 but also arent so set with him that you ignore upgrades. If Sweat goes down the DE rotation becomes Walker/Taylor/Booker/Martin/Hardy - thats not great but its a better unit than what the Bears had for most of 22 and 23.

IMO the Bears biggest need on the DL for '24 specifically has to be DT depth. Billings and Dexter are fine as starters, the depth behind them are reserve guys. If one of Billings or Dexter gets injured there is no replacement thats even close to average - Bears legit have to start Byron Cowart or Chris Williams and god knows what you do for DT4 in that case. This is the position group where Bears are razor fuckin thin and are riding the knifes edge on the health of 2 men in the 300 hundo club.

greg23

Liked Posts:
He won’t lose playing time they use a rotation
That's funny

He's prob the 1st candidate at DE to be inactive on gameday if they trade for one as Hardy plays on all ST

even if he's active he drops a slot in the rotation and won't see an many snaps as he does now.....which isn't many

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
lets not forget Taylor is still on the roster, too.

the need for EDGE this particular year isnt that great. at least not great enough to give up valuable high end draft picks

this offseason/draft will be the time to re evaluate the EDGING
If Poles makes a move for a DE by the trade deadline it would have to be for a TOP edge rusher if that is what it would take for the Bears to get to the post season. An interesting team to watch is the Bengles and Trey Hendrickson who currently on a one- year deal. If they continue to lose this is a team that could turn into sellers.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
They need someone on the other side to start helping. Sweat is only on pace for 7.5 sacks. Thank goodness for Dexter but he ain’t helping Sweat so far

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They need someone on the other side to start helping. Sweat is only on pace for 7.5 sacks. Thank goodness for Dexter but he ain’t helping Sweat so far

Bears have 18 sacks now and only had 30 all year last year. Whatever they’re doing is working so far. (Currently 7th. 2nd from the bottom last year)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nice little breakdown here. (There’s a two minute fantasy football section you need to fast forward through in the middle)

For everyone wanting to trade for an edge just remember that means less playing/development time for this guy.
Agree with the OP but I can't watch those mopes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is the correct move.

I find it hilarious that there are stories out there advocating for a trade for Crosby or Garret

yea, I too find it funny there are stories about the bears getting superstar players

They should write articles about the bears trading for bums like jmarcus webb

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't think we have to get a DE but would love stealing Crosby. Det fans really really want him so it would be great to get him and block them at the same time. If he ends up in the North I want it to be on our team.