Austin Booker

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This is the correct move.

I find it hilarious that there are stories out there advocating for a trade for Crosby or Garret
Ya who would want a proven DE to make a SB run. It's crazy. Just wait till the draft and draft a proven super star. Rookies are known for being their best out of the gate. It won't take 2 or 3 years to grow the guy and all draft picks work out so just wait till your window closes.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya who would want a proven DE to make a SB run. It's crazy. Just wait till the draft and draft a proven super star. Rookies are known for being their best out of the gate. It won't take 2 or 3 years to grow the guy and all draft picks work out so just wait till your window closes.
They need massive amounts of offensive and defensive line help. They need depth at both position groups and you want to trade the future ability to build and grow around the QB for one guy who you could lose for the year on an injury and then be right back to where we are.

One elite defensive player isn't going to win a Super Bowl if the Bears can't protect Caleb Williams against an above average pass rush. We saw how deficient the offensive line was in week 2 and there's no evidence of improvement because they haven't played one team that has one above average pass rusher since week 2.

So no I'm not going to mortgage the future for one guy when the Bears can't keep their own QB upright.

Reactions: Myk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They need massive amounts of offensive and defensive line help. They need depth at both position groups and you want to trade the future ability to build and grow around the QB for one guy who you could lose for the year on an injury and then be right back to where we are.

One elite defensive player isn't going to win a Super Bowl if the Bears can't protect Caleb Williams against an above average pass rush. We saw how deficient the offensive line was in week 2 and there's no evidence of improvement because they haven't played one team that has one above average pass rusher since week 2.

So no I'm not going to mortgage the future for one guy when the Bears can't keep their own QB upright.
Josh Hines Allen isn’t an “above average” pass rusher?

msadows

Liked Posts:

Daniel is the same idiot who said dexter is a bust because in 17 games as a rookie he wasnt already elite.

I'm sure whoever the bears draft he will say sucks after 4 games.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

LOLOL They don't need massive help on either. Both are top 10. We have depth. We need big players that can step up in big moments in big games against top teams. Our future is now, our future is on the team already. Losing 2 future draft picks will not change much if anything. Getting the top Dline in football the next 5+ years will change our future for sure.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Daniel is the same idiot who said dexter is a bust because in 17 games as a rookie he wasnt already elite.

I'm sure whoever the bears draft he will say sucks after 4 games.

You spent every waking moment of your life on here shitting on Caleb Williams after his first start. It was non stop. There was a good 3-4 week period where I couldn’t open a thread without seeing a post by you telling the world how terrible Caleb Williams is.

And let’s be honest. It’s all because you were and still are a massive Justin Fields fanboy. You never wanted Williams and were pissed they got rid of Fields. So you were looking for any opportunity to gloat and as soon as the Bears started slow it was open season for you to act like a complete ass on here. And now that things have turned you’re pretending as if you were always on board. Weeks 1-3 you were the ringleader for the Williams sucks we should have kept Justin crew.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You spent every waking moment of your life on here shitting on Caleb Williams after his first start. It was non stop. There was a good 3-4 week period where I couldn’t open a thread without seeing a post by you telling the world how terrible Caleb Williams is.

And let’s be honest. It’s all because you were and still are a massive Justin Fields fanboy. You never wanted Williams and were pissed they got rid of Fields. So you were looking for any opportunity to gloat and as soon as the Bears started slow it was open season for you to act like a complete ass on here. And now that things have turned you’re pretending as if you were always on board. Weeks 1-3 you were the ringleader for the Williams sucks we should have kept Justin crew.
- A butthurt Mitch Trubisky fanboy who hated Fields because he replaced Captain Earmuffs lololololol

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I do find it hilarious that EZ is claiming Msadows is doing EXACTLY EZ did with Fields. Not to mention there are very few posters on this board who shill for every Bears player the way Msadows does, so claiming he hates Caleb because he liked Fields is so dumb. Maybe he doesnt remembers Msa thoughts on Mitch because they lined up with his own, where as with me he had a whole notepad of opinions because i hated Mitch.

BUUUUTTTTTTHHHHHUUUUURRRTTTTTTTTTT TRUBISKY FANBOOOOYYYYYY

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
- A butthurt Mitch Trubisky fanboy who hated Fields because he replaced Captain Earmuffs lololololol

Can you stop following me around and making up lies?

You also didn’t want Williams and wanted to keep Fields lol.

I remember when Caleb started slow and asshat who I quoted earlier was incessantly shit posting you were right behind him chiming in and gloating. You couldn’t have been happier about his struggles. Real fan. How stupid do you feel?

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can you stop following me around and making up lies?

You also didn’t want Williams and wanted to keep Fields lol.

I remember when Caleb started slow and asshat who I quoted earlier was incessantly shit posting you were right behind him chiming in and gloating. You couldn’t have been happier about his struggles. Real fan. How stupid do you feel?
Guy who followed me around since week 4 of Fields rookie year now claims im following him around because i respond to one post every two weeks lmao. Says im making up lies and then what does he do? Lies in the very next sentence.

Not only are you full of shit but the history of this board shows you are likely mentally unstable. Bad combo bud! Keep crying!

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
LOLOL They don't need massive help on either. Both are top 10. We have depth. We need big players that can step up in big moments in big games against top teams. Our future is now, our future is on the team already. Losing 2 future draft picks will not change much if anything. Getting the top Dline in football the next 5+ years will change our future for sure.
Bingo!

alswank87

Liked Posts:
The best teams build through the draft. Constantly trading draft Capitol away for players that have already played their best football is not smart. That’s why pace failed so miserably (trading extra draft Capital for Mack and Trubisky). I would do a 1 for 1 trade, but once you start talking multiple day 1 or 2 picks you lose me. I understand another defensive stud would look good on this defense, but if you’re drafting well, like Poles has been in the first 3 rounds, then it’s a waste. Those draft picks could be used to fill 2 holes next year. It’s not like we are one piece away from a Super Bowl either. Our window isn’t even open yet, IMO.

The draft is a crap shoot, I get that. But taking shots on players who will not eat up massive amounts of cap to fill holes is the best way to win in the nfl. Trading for a superstar that will take away draft capital and cut into your cap significantly won’t leave much else to fill all of the other holes. When there are 33 different position to fill, trading a lot of assets to fill one position magnificently is a losing strategy that the bears have employed many times before (Jay Cutler, Julius Peppers, Khalil Mack, etc.). Let’s learn from the past and let Poles cook. This team isn’t a finished product, yet. The best opportunity to get the most out of it is to draft talented young players who won’t tie up a lot of the cap to fill holes.

When you start drafting well for long enough, then you become the team that’s trading talent for more picks. That’s how you create a dynasty. Not trading your draft picks for other teams talent.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The best teams build through the draft. Constantly trading draft Capitol away for players that have already played their best football is not smart. That’s why pace failed so miserably (trading extra draft Capital for Mack and Trubisky). I would do a 1 for 1 trade, but once you start talking multiple day 1 or 2 picks you lose me. I understand another defensive stud would look good on this defense, but if you’re drafting well, like Poles has been in the first 3 rounds, then it’s a waste. Those draft picks could be used to fill 2 holes next year. It’s not like we are one piece away from a Super Bowl either. Our window isn’t even open yet, IMO.

The draft is a crap shoot, I get that. But taking shots on players who will not eat up massive amounts of cap to fill holes is the best way to win in the nfl. Trading for a superstar that will take away draft capital and cut into your cap significantly won’t leave much else to fill all of the other holes. When there are 33 different position to fill, trading a lot of assets to fill one position magnificently is a losing strategy that the bears have employed many times before (Jay Cutler, Julius Peppers, Khalil Mack, etc.). Let’s learn from the past and let Poles cook. This team isn’t a finished product, yet. The best opportunity to get the most out of it is to draft talented young players who won’t tie up a lot of the cap to fill holes.

When you start drafting well for long enough, then you become the team that’s trading talent for more picks. That’s how you create a dynasty. Not trading your draft picks for other teams talent.
Disagree. You have to draft and get the right FA's. It's a combo to win it all. Build thru the draft and top off with FA. Don't just go nut's in FA but a few are always needed to be a SB contender. If were talking Crosby then you know we will get years of prime play on a team that wants to win sooner rather then later. Your thinking is not wrong but in the real world time is a major factor. Can't draft and develop every player. Timing is everything.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Disagree. You have to draft and get the right FA's. It's a combo to win it all. Build thru the draft and top off with FA. Don't just go nut's in FA but a few are always needed to be a SB contender. If were talking Crosby then you know we will get years of prime play on a team that wants to win sooner rather then later. Your thinking is not wrong but in the real world time is a major factor. Can't draft and develop every player. Timing is everything.
Nah, a good franchise plays the long game. FAs and trades are expensive short term badaids. Expensive trades and FAs are fools gold when there’s a cap.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Agreed, a LT or DE/DT for this team in FA/trade will go a long way, why I don’t mind a DE trade is because walker and billings probably won’t last more than 1 more year after this season. tackles in this years draft don’t look very promising either. Trading our first and 2nd round pick (not Carolina’s) for a Myles Garrett or Crosby would be fantastic. Draft DT/OG/WR possible safety too. sign a Center in FA like the one from the falcons perhaps. We have the money next season for two splash FAs and resigns etc.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

"sarcasm is the weapon of the weak."

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should dangle Davis and/or Jenkins for Reddick.

I forgot that Pace solved this with Taylor.
Reddick is almost redundant this year.

But it's a long season, Davis or Jenkins for Reddick would lighten the work load on the training room staff and let them focus on healing players to play who want to play for us.

And we are one injury away from being desperate for a DE anyway.

Gotta be two deep. Make it happen.

If Reddick won't play for us either? Fuck it at least he isn't loitering around the office.

Bill Parcels would have got this done halfway through LAST year, promise you on both players they wouldn't be here right now to have this conversation.