Austin Booker

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Do you have any examples? Which good franchises don't have FA's? I'm trying to think of who you are referring to.
Show me a good franchise that traded away a ton to get a player and won super bowls afterward. The only team I can think of that did it and won a Super Bowl was the Rams and the Rams then were way better than we are now.

Usually it ends up like the Bears with Mack. You get a good year or two, and then the team suffers.

Again, I would reluctantly do a 1 (Day 1 or 2) pick for 1 player trade, like we pulled with Sweat. Any trade where we offload several picks for one player isn’t in our interest. We have too many holes to fill.

There’s three aspects that need to be managed here, Cap space, talent, and draft Capitol.

With the draft you get more cap space, questionable talent for 1 draft choice.

With FA you use a lot more cap space, for more proven talent (albeit most likely declining) and no draft choices.

With trades you deal picks, use a lot more draft capital, for more proven talent (albeit most likely declining).

We’re still building. Free Agency and trades can be a part of it, but those cost a lot more than just building through the draft. It may be nice to have Myles Garett, but those two firsts+ you traded for him will be felt for the next two years as will the massive cap hit that comes with Myles Garrett.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Guy who followed me around since week 4 of Fields rookie year now claims im following him around because i respond to one post every two weeks lmao. Says im making up lies and then what does he do? Lies in the very next sentence.

Not only are you full of shit but the history of this board shows you are likely mentally unstable. Bad combo bud! Keep crying!

Are you okay?

Why are you so mad all the time? If anyone is unstable it’s clearly you. A majority of your posts consist you angrily ranting and following around the same 5 people you don‘t like and starting fights with them. You look like you’re constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown because DanielCCS or MJY posted something on message board. The horror. You really need to quit stalking those guys. For your own mental health.

I know you were and are still are upset that Caleb Williams is the Bears QB and Justin Fields isn’t. We’re winning though. Things are going great. Turn that frown upside down and get on board.

Sorry to derail

The Bears don’t need to make any splash trades. If there is an injury then sure. If Poles thinks he can get OL help with a later pick then fine. They don’t need to give up any high picks though for some 10 game rental or a guy they’re going to have to pay. I.e Sweat last year.

I kind of doubt they’re paying another DE. I guess it’s possible, but I would bet against it. Maybe they’d spend like 14-18 million on a guy. I doubt they’re paying a blue chipper like Crosby or Allen though.

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nice little breakdown here. (There’s a two minute fantasy football section you need to fast forward through in the middle)

For everyone wanting to trade for an edge just remember that means less playing/development time for this guy.
I would trade our 1st, Panthers 2nd and Herbert or Booker for Crosby.

I think we forget how good oline is in Detroit and him and Sweat would cause teams massive issues....Dexter playing well makes it pretty disgusting. We still would have our 2nd to draft a guard

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are you okay?

Why are you so mad all the time? If anyone is unstable it’s clearly you. A majority of your posts consist you angrily ranting and following around the same 5 people you don‘t like and starting fights with them. You look like you’re constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown because DanielCCS or MJY posted something on message board. The horror. You really need to quit stalking those guys. For your own mental health.

I know you were and are still are upset that Caleb Williams is the Bears QB and Justin Fields isn’t. We’re winning though. Things are going great. Turn that frown upside down and get on board.

Sorry to derail

The Bears don’t need to make any splash trades. If there is an injury then sure. If Poles thinks he can get OL help with a later pick then fine. They don’t need to give up any high picks though for some 10 game rental or a guy they’re going to have to pay. I.e Sweat last year.

I kind of doubt they’re paying another DE. I guess it’s possible, but I would bet against it. Maybe they’d spend like 14-18 million on a guy. I doubt they’re paying a blue chipper like Crosby or Allen though.
Cool bit(it actually isn't).

Sorry Mitch sucks man. Time to get over it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I really hope Poles isn't stupid to trade for Crosby

He'll cost 2 or more 1st's and then the bears will be paying almost 50mil for their two starting DE......actually; that sounds very bearsy

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are people still caping for Trubisky?

I hope Booker gets as many snaps as possible when it gets to garbage time (either winning or losing). Dude has potential, it’s blatantly obvious

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really hope Poles isn't stupid to trade for Crosby

He'll cost 2 or more 1st's and then the bears will be paying almost 50mil for their two starting DE......actually; that sounds very bearsy
Soooo grumpy!!!