Baseball banter with Patrick and Melissa

Lefty

Liked Posts:
david-eckstein.jpg

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
Uhhh...no thanks. He has a career WHIP of 1.463 and a SO/BB ratio of 1.46. So he continually gives up bases and is bad in one area that he has definite control over (walks), yeah no thanks.

And you don't have to have a bullpen replacement waiting, just release Randy Williams. There is no reason for him to be on this ballclub anymore, and the Sox really need to take that toy away from Ozzie.

Word, and lefties are hitting .364/.481/.591 against him this year, and .253/.387/.400 in his career.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhhh...no thanks. He has a career WHIP of 1.463 and a SO/BB ratio of 1.46. So he continually gives up bases and is bad in one area that he has definite control over (walks), yeah no thanks.

Uh, he's still better than Williams.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Uh, he's still better than Williams.

Relatively speaking, yes. But he's still bad, is 27, and will more than likely continue to be bad and get worse as time goes along, culminating in the Sox having another Randy Williams-type really bad LOOGY. No thanks.

I'm not aware of a character limit to a post.

Days before classes started my sophomore year in college, the girl I talked about was over with me at my fraternity house for some drinking and partying. After we went to bed in my room, I had a sleepwalking episode and tried to jump out the window of my 3rd-story room. I picked up my 32" flatscreen (the old kind that weigh 100+ pounds) that was in front of the window, and as I was attempting to jump (this is all from her account, because I was technically asleep at the time and don't remember a thing) she grabbed onto my wrists as I fell.

I outweighed her by about 100 pounds, so it soon became apparent that if she didn't let go of me we were both going to go out the window. She let go, and I fell and hit the awning overlooking the porch and tumbled down onto the ground, just missing the concrete porch section of the house.

I broke all the ribs on my right side, collapsed my right lung and severely bruised my kidney and pancreas, but if she wasn't there to grab me initially I surely would have missed the awning and died upon impacting the concrete porch. She was with me and my family every day I was in the hospital, even the days I was on life support, and was instrumental in keeping me somewhat sane and non-suicidal during my recovery (post-traumatic stress, etc).

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Relatively speaking, yes. But he's still bad, is 27, and will more than likely continue to be bad and get worse as time goes along, culminating in the Sox having another Randy Williams-type really bad LOOGY. No thanks.

Days before classes started my sophomore year in college, the girl I talked about was over with me at my fraternity house for some drinking and partying. After we went to bed in my room, I had a sleepwalking episode and tried to jump out the window of my 3rd-story room. I picked up my 32" flatscreen (the old kind that weigh 100+ pounds) that was in front of the window, and as I was attempting to jump (this is all from her account, because I was technically asleep at the time and don't remember a thing) she grabbed onto my wrists as I fell.

I outweighed her by about 100 pounds, so it soon became apparent that if she didn't let go of me we were both going to go out the window. She let go, and I fell and hit the awning overlooking the porch and tumbled down onto the ground, just missing the concrete porch section of the house.

I broke all the ribs on my right side, collapsed my right lung and severely bruised my kidney and pancreas, but if she wasn't there to grab me initially I surely would have missed the awning and died upon impacting the concrete porch. She was with me and my family every day I was in the hospital, even the days I was on life support, and was instrumental in keeping me somewhat sane and non-suicidal during my recovery (post-traumatic stress, etc).

Holy fuck man! So do you still sleep walk or what?

That's fucking insane.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Holy fuck man! So do you still sleep walk or what?

That's fucking insane.

I did for awhile, but I eventually grew out of it...I think. No one is sure exactly what causes people to seepwalk, all they can do is tell you what things make you more prone to sleepwalking (alcohol, fevers, sleep disturbances caused by clogged nasal passages, etc). I visited a few sleep doctors and sleep clinics after the incident, and they all pretty much said either I was going to grow out of it or it would stay with me for the rest of my life. So really I don't know.

Damn, that's a good story lefty. Glad it turned out alright.

Thanks.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
That's the charity I'm going to start. Want to be on the board of directors?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I did for awhile, but I eventually grew out of it...I think. No one is sure exactly what causes people to seepwalk, all they can do is tell you what things make you more prone to sleepwalking (alcohol, fevers, sleep disturbances caused by clogged nasal passages, etc). I visited a few sleep doctors and sleep clinics after the incident, and they all pretty much said either I was going to grow out of it or it would stay with me for the rest of my life. So really I don't know.

Oh yeah..well I grew out of my asthma

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Perfect. Cocaine and embezzling charity funds? That's the Chicago way.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Sorry Lefty, but years ago on my birthday as i blew out my candles i wished that all frat guys would jump out of a third story window...

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Yes I realize you almost died and thats insensitive.