Bears 2018 Schedule Released

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why do we always play in Green Bay on prime time? They get the advantage every year? Yeah that’s fair...

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Always good to play Green Bay early on. They never really seem to hit their stride until the second half of the year.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Waiting till 830 on opening Sunday will be tough. Sick day on Monday! Two 4 o’clock games is a change. I don’t think they had one all of last year. I like it!

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

courtesy NFL.com, meme via Memegenerator.com

Disregard the other 6 page deep Schedule Release thread which is actually a revived zombie thread from 2017.

L-L-W-W-W-L-W-W-L-L-W-W-L-L-L-W

Depends on if Bark is in NYG. I can't see losing all six games to GB/MIN/DET. Let's say we win two.

8-8.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Actually, fucking great schedule for a young hungry team anxious to prove themselves. Game 6 vs NE is going to be interesting.

Tostada

Liked Posts:

Depends on if Bark is in NYG. I can't see losing all six games to GB/MIN/DET. Let's say we win two.

8-8.

10-6...I think we beat GB and Seattle at home. The Seahawks are a shell of their former selves. And I refuse to think we lose twice to GB next...and my 'Loco Cabeza prediction for next year...we go 4 and 0 against the AFC again next year...and shock the world and go 11-5..

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
10-6...I think we beat GB and Seattle at home. The Seahawks are a shell of their former selves. And I refuse to think we lose twice to GB next...and my 'Loco Cabeza prediction for next year...we go 4 and 0 against the AFC again next year...and shock the world and go 11-5..

I agree about the Seahawks. No Sherman, Bennett, Richardson plus they have a lousy offensive line. Wilson is still awesome but the Bears have a great chance at home.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

8-8.

Could very well see them beating Seattle since it's in Chicago. A lot of people think of the Seahawks as the monster they were in the early 2010's, but they aren't that team anymore. Could also see them pulling an upset against Green Bay in week 1, but I think beating Seattle is more likely.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I think the schedule last year was much more prohibitive to wins than this one.

At Green Bay. They're not as bullet-proof as they were and who knows what can happen in game #1.
Home to Seattle. Seattle is very beatable away from Seattle. Their defense has taken major hits and their O line still won't be very good.
At Arizona. Bad team right now, better to get them on the road considering.
Home to Tampa. Had a tough year last year. They should improve but so should we.
At Miami. Not a very good team right now. See Arizona.
Home to New England. Obvious loss but at least maybe we'll give them a game at home.
Home to the Jets. Not a great team, going to have a rookie QB playing most likely.
At Buffalo. Not a very good team despite not making the playoffs. Lost their best offensive linemen and their starting QB.
Home to Detroit. They're not bad but certainly beatable, especially at home.
Home to Minnesota. Should be a loss.
At Detroit. See above.
At Giants. Their defense wasn't too good last year and they won't get much immediate help in the draft if they take a QB.
Home to LA Rams. Tough game but at least it's at home.
Home to Green Bay. Usually a competitive game here and they're not as good as they once were.
At San Fran. Could be an interesting one, Jimmy Garrapollo looked legit last year.
At Minnesota. Loss.

Awfully good chance there to come out 8-8, IMO.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
SOS means very little. Most of our schedule is the same as the rest of the North, just with us getting the worse 4th place finishers in the other NFC divisions. What really matters is when and where we play each team...

4 of our last 6 games on the road and we finish with some tough teams.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Way early to be looking and worrying about the final record. Guessing can be fun, sure, but no one knows which teams will catch the injury bug, or what key players either get hurt or don't perform, some good team will fold early and an unexpected "bad" team won't look that bad-hopefully that is the Bears. I agree that the Seasparrows aren't what they used to be, and I think TB, NYG, AZ, Miami, Buffalo and 49ers are all well within the realm of possibilities. That is 7 games and if the Bears were to go .500 in the division the there is your 10 win season. I think for them to go .500 in their division the Bears have to be a bit of a surprise team and the Packers, Vikings or Lions need to have a couple of things go wrong.

I am a bit more optimistic than most in general and while I don't think they'll win 10 games, I don't think it is an over-the-top hope.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I hate thursday games, but at least we get ours on Thanksgiving. Better yet, my family does our Thanksgiving feast for lunch instead of dinner, so I'll have a plate full of turkey and starchy vegetables to munch on all game!

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
my new fantasy is that our 2nd round rookie pass rusher knocks brady out of the game and we steal a W against the Pats so I can talk big smack at work

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Also note that we play the Vikes for the division title the last week of the season. :yep:

Washington

Liked Posts:
I have faith in a win opening in GB this year. I think we can catch them a tad by surprise. I do hope that Fangio decides to be more aggressive against Rodgers than he's been in the past.

I personally think last year's schedule was much harder. We don't have a playoff team on the schedule until the Pats come in. 8-8 should be very doable and anything less than that would be a huge disappointment to me.