Bears actively passed on the best player in the draft.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I gotta be honest. I think the Bears are going to regret passing up on a HoF mauler for a good tackle.

I was a little surprised to see the Bears actively pass up on Carter. Then again, why would Poles pass on Pickens with 2 second round picks because of character concerns, to then pick Carter top 10 the next year?

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gotta be honest. I think the Bears are going to regret passing up on a HoF mauler for a good tackle.

I was a little surprised to see the Bears actively pass up on Carter. Then again, why would Poles pass on Pickens with 2 second round picks because of character concerns, to then pick Carter top 10 the next year?
I’m over it. Protecting the QB works for me. Thought he would be the pick. Give me Keanu Benton next

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I think you answered your own question. As much as Claypool has character concerns, he isn’t as big as a basket case as those 2. Pickens fought a guy in a wheelchair. True story. Doesn’t mean either (Carter or Pickens) can’t be great. But wasting the 32nd pick on Claypool is a massive mistake.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:

I said before the draft but I felt that if the character issues were enough to cause him to drop to 9 they would be enough for the Bears to pass on him.

I think it just comes down to risk/reward. The Eagles are in a much better position to roll the dice. Bears have to hit on this pick. I think Wright is a potential elite RT, and there's not a lot of risk with him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think you answered your own question. As much as Claypool has character concerns, he isn’t as big as a basket case as those 2. Pickens fought a guy in a wheelchair. True story. Doesn’t mean either (Carter or Pickens) can’t be great. But wasting the 32nd pick on Claypool is a massive mistake.
The mom and pop shop franchise should find a HC who can handle characters.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Not sure about HOF but definitely a guy that could play. At 10 he really had value.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Wright is pretty good but we’ll see about the HoF… wink

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
But wasting the 32nd pick on Claypool is a massive mistake.
I have been all over Poles for Wright at 10 but I think no WR picked until #20 more than validates his prediction that this draft was thin at WR.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

They still couldn’t draft him. They have a chance to move up in the draft next year to pick a QB in case Fields doesn’t pan out. So they just build an o-line now to protect him and see if he’s capable of making that next step in the passing game. It’s a must unfortunately so that’s why they went o-line.