Bears actively passed on the best player in the draft.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll wait and see on the players but both trade-downs were bad. Arizona got better draft picks for third overall than the Bears got for first overall.
They didn’t get a #1 WR and also had to give up a pick numbnuts. But keep cunting

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gotta be honest. I think the Bears are going to regret passing up on a HoF mauler for a good tackle.

I was a little surprised to see the Bears actively pass up on Carter. Then again, why would Poles pass on Pickens with 2 second round picks because of character concerns, to then pick Carter top 10 the next year?
I hear you, but He dropped that far. I was worried the loins would take him . I really like the bears pick

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My knee jerk reaction is that I think they should have went Carter. I'm not upset with the thought process though - being that OL was higher priority to protect the QB. The DL is going to be bad this year and probably would have been bad even with Carter so load up on OL and fix DL next year.

coolio

Liked Posts:
If bears didn’t luck into number 1 pick how would Poles be looked at right now?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Carter and would have made the pick. But I understand why they didn't. And 8 teams passed on the best player in the draft.

I wanted a trade down and Darnell Wright. But there was a possibility if they moved too far down he would have been gone. All 4 of the best rated OTs would have been gone by pick 14

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I think they should have drafted Carter, and it’s not even close, imo.

That does not mean I don’t like the fact that they got Wright. Filled a need. Hope he turns out to be a great T.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The truth is there were red flags on Darnell Wright that started coming to light in the weeks before the draft. I'm cool with the pick, I get why they made it, but the risk factors for him started to appear there and I think his initial projects back in January and February for the second round might've been more apt.

Time tells with this thing though. I'm just saying as of right now he's probably the least justifiable player to take over Jalen Carter.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Poles gave up the highest rated player in the draft for a 2024 4th rd pick. Let that set it!
Poles drafted the player at 10 he would have taken at 9 and got a 2024 4th round pick in addition. Let that set it!

Bears need offense
Bears need an oline
Bears need to give Fields a chance
Bears draft offensive lineman

Typical Meatball Bears fans:
WHY DIDNT THEY DRAFT DEFENSE

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The truth is they tanked an entire season of football, got blessed by the football gods into first overall and then the best player they draft is Darnell Wright. Its just underwhelming as can be, especially combined with the Chase Claypool trade.

This team looks like mediocre butt.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Carter is a risk and is in a better position with veteran leaders in Philly. Bears don’t have the luxury of doing that and had a massive hole at right tackle with just Borom and Leatherwood on the roster. Carter could be a monster, but it’s hard to say if he would have that same success in Chicago. I’d have been fine with Carter but not mad at all with D. Wright.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Can't believe anyway is saying we "had" to take a tackle. We just had the worst record in the NFL. Plenty of holes to fill.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll wait and see on the players but both trade-downs were bad. Arizona got better draft picks for third overall than the Bears got for first overall.
You notice how every team thats traded back 1-3 spots got better value than the Bears did even though the Bears traded much more valuable picks?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You notice how every team thats traded back 1-3 spots got better value than the Bears did even though the Bears traded much more valuable picks?
The trade with the Eagles was shameful and I think it warrants investigation.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’ll ride with the best GM in the NFL and that’s Howie Roseman. Completely gutless decision by Poles. It’s not like Wright is some can’t miss prospect either, it’s just to bad this team gets gifted everything and still screws it up. Cowards don’t win.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How does one passively pass?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Poles drafted the player at 10 he would have taken at 9 and got a 2024 4th round pick in addition. Let that set it!

Bears need offense
Bears need an oline
Bears need to give Fields a chance
Bears draft offensive lineman

Typical Meatball Bears fans:
WHY DIDNT THEY DRAFT DEFENSE

The Bears gave up the highest rated player in the draft for peanuts. You obviously were never in a negotiating room. And based on your response, I can see why.

Typical Bears fan:
LOVES MEDIOCRITY

smarten up, fucking cupcake!