Bears and Josh McCown met for breakfast to discuss a potential return to Chi

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
I don't know if we need him to back up Cutler.

We could use him to start while the Bears develop a QB, saving Cutler's salary.

But don't you have to find someone to take Cutler off your hands for that to work? There in lies the problem. Also, I'd expect more of a TB year from him than the miracle we saw 2 years ago. If we were to go that wishful thinking route, I'd rather sign a stop gap with a little more upside. Why tarnish his reputation as the highest rated QB in Bears history?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Not sure how I feel about it. The Bears won't be a 10 win team with Cutler this season so it doesn't really matter who the backup is.

McCown will be 36 years old when the season starts. He was terrible in Tampa. He was a journeyman bum and out of football before the 2013 season.

He had a nice little run of a half dozen games or so in 2013. That's it. The only shining light in a meh journeyman backup career.

So, doesn't really matter if it's him or Clausen. I really don't care.

The most obvious landing spot for him is Baltimore. Most NFL teams never want their backup to see the field. Baltimore is a great place for that. If Flacco stays healthy (and he has his entire career), McCown could be a back up, be a great locker room and practice field guy and serve a great purpose (and most likely never see the field on Sunday).

Did anyone outside of Baltimore know that Tyrod Taylor has been Joe Flacco's backup for the last 4 seasons? Taylor is a free agent. Trestman is the OC in Baltimore. Kind of a no brainer that McCown signs there.

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Superbears superbowl!

BuiEXs3CIAMd-sV.jpg:large

KCCO

Liked Posts:
Mehhh, Rather have JaMarcus Russell or Tebow at this point. lol Joshy had his chance to stay.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
I don't think Backup QB is an area we need to invest a lot of thought/money into personally.

I am satisfied with Claussen ATM....why wouldn't you be?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having breakfast is with an ex is very different than having breakfast with someone you're getting into bed with. This is a, 'if no one gives you much more than the minimum, you're welcome to sit on our bench' type of meet and greet.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Backup Cutler? Get out of here. If Trestman stuck with him and made Cutler the backup, he'd still be HC.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

:rofl:

You want this side to start? :eek:k:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
Backup Cutler? Get out of here. If Trestman stuck with him and made Cutler the backup, he'd still be HC.

:oprah:

That's what I love about you Spartan. No trolling, just flat honest stupidity.

Josh never would have lasted long term in any way shape or form.

Atleast the Waffle House might have gotten a decent tip for once.

supra8795

Liked Posts:

No he wouldn't have. Canadian was way over his head trying to head coach a NFL football team.