Bears better or worse than last year ?

Perspective

Liked Posts:

I would agree with all he tweeted except I think the Bears are better at DL with Goldman coming back and I do expect Quinn to be much better and they are better at OL since there will be continuity with the top 5 from last year to this year

after adding draft picks I fully expect the Bears to be better next year than last year

Bust

Liked Posts:
Better.

Defense should play better without Pagano and hiring the d-coordinator from Green Bay is huge.

O line will be better now that Mustipher has locked down the center spot

10-6 guaranteed

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would say qb is same garbage but rb group is better(Montgomery progressed and adding Williams is legit depth we haven’t had)

as for defense still one of the oldest defenses in the league that usually doesn’t get better with age but the hope is new dc will fix things

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
RB better because of getting Cohen back and Williams is an upgrade.
TE will be better because Kmet will have a year under his belt.
DL will be better because of Goldman's return.
Edge should be better if Quinn's injury has healed.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
how are ppl saying getting guys back from injury makes the bears better?

those guys were on the team last year. they played. if we compare this team and last year's at the beginning of the season, I don't think you get to count them as acquisitions

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Too soon to say. They seem to at least be treading water. Long way to go still

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They’ll be the same-mediocre. Maybe worse if/when Nagy loses the locker room.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
My take is that this is one of the weakest cool aid periods that I can remember.
When you know that the QB is in the lower quartile of the league, not much else matters.
Add in that the OT’s are at the lower end of the lower quartile, both the passing game and running game, regardless who is back there, will flounder.
And seems that Pace is focused on upgrading the WR spot to somehow make the offense better. Some serious backward ass logic.
On defense, forget what happened years ago under Fangio.
The front 7 is getting long in the tooth. Even with a change in philosophy, I’m not sure this group can go get the QB anymore.
And at this point, I would easily put the DB group in the bottom quartile of the league.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My take is that this is one of the weakest cool aid periods that I can remember.
When you know that the QB is in the lower quartile of the league, not much else matters.
Add in that the OT’s are at the lower end of the lower quartile, both the passing game and running game, regardless who is back there, will flounder.
And seems that Pace is focused on upgrading the WR spot to somehow make the offense better. Some serious backward ass logic.
On defense, forget what happened years ago under Fangio.
The front 7 is getting long in the tooth. Even with a change in philosophy, I’m not sure this group can go get the QB anymore.
And at this point, I would easily put the DB group in the bottom quartile of the league.

I've known this about Mitch for at least the last two years.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I think it is a net neutral with a couple improvements at some position groups and drops at others so probably results in similar on field performance. What hurts the Bears more this year is that their schedule is not the same as last year so I expect eeking out an 8-8 record and sneaking into the playoffs will not be in the cards with the tougher competition. It is probably a 6-10 or 7-9 season leaving us still looking for solutions. I hope I'm wrong.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
QB -EXACTLY THE SAME
I expect Pace to try to trade Cohen in the draft to move up and get a better QB.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone expecting the defense to improve is fooling themselves, Goldman will help against the run, the rest are old and heading in the wrong direction except Smith, you can't fix old

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
So far about even - most of the "improvements" coming from development and depth.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The way some guys overvalue Goldman is laughable. He is a year removed from football and the last time we saw him he was playing his worst season as a pro.

I’m not saying he isn’t going to help but he definitely isn’t a savor.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

those guys were on the team last year. they played. if we compare this team and last year's at the beginning of the season, I don't think you get to count them as acquisitions

Cohen was out 13 games. He makes the Bears better than they are. And they added Williams. The position is better in 2021.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Defense is all about turnovers.

JJ, E Jackson and Fuller had 1 pick total to their name?

I predict they triple the number of picks plus some! #callingit