legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Miller was fighting Wims for #2 last year so.. that’s obviously a much improved position with them leaving.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Your contention is wrong.

The improvement happened immediately as soon as Mustapher started at center. This is because Whitehair had been fucking up the line calls the past couple years. Sam got the guys blocking the correct people, and the line stabilized as a result.
Not saying that Mustipher wasn't the key to the change, but do you have any evidence of Whitehair messing up the line calls. I legitimately am curious if it's just something you observed watching game film or if there was some type of article or mention of it somewhere that is reputable. There definitely were some massive swings in oline performance this year and I've tried to go back and watch some of the games to isolate it and just from my observations, the game plans for blocking schemes where we did less pulling and complex blocking setups and just had our olinemen block the guy ahead of them seem to be the most noticeable difference to me. Perhaps the coaching staff was forced into this adjustment as the personnel rotated but the games where the Oline looked like garbage also seem to be the ones where we had more plays with complex blocking with linemen completely missing or not getting to their assignments resulting in blown up plays... a lot.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not saying that Mustipher wasn't the key to the change, but do you have any evidence of Whitehair messing up the line calls. I legitimately am curious if it's just something you observed watching game film or if there was some type of article or mention of it somewhere that is reputable. There definitely were some massive swings in oline performance this year and I've tried to go back and watch some of the games to isolate it and just from my observations, the game plans for blocking schemes where we did less pulling and complex blocking setups and just had our olinemen block the guy ahead of them seem to be the most noticeable difference to me. Perhaps the coaching staff was forced into this adjustment as the personnel rotated but the games where the Oline looked like garbage also seem to be the ones where we had more plays with complex blocking with linemen completely missing or not getting to their assignments resulting in blown up plays... a lot.

Put on tape of any game the last 3 years with Whitehair at C.

Watch how many times a defender hits a gap where the lineman was turned the wrong way initially or blocking the wrong person. You'll see it.

To be fair, I didn't notice this myself initially...I started looking for it when Olin Kreutz made a comment on the radio about it, and he was right.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It depends on Team chemistry. Could be a lot better, a little better, same, a little worse, or a lot worse. I'm riding on same because the offense will be a little bit better since Dalton is QB and hopefully Pace drafts an early OT. The defense is a little bit worse. I can see improvement on Johnson, Smith, and Jackson, but Trevathan will be a year older and no Fuller even though I feel Fuller was declining.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sounds like ppl forgot about losing 6 in a row last year...and the scoring issues.

Matt Nagy is still HC. We are fucked.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
The offensive line was okay at the start of last season, was horrible for the like next seven games then was good for the remainder of the season. People will site some injuries and personnel changes as the reason for the OL going from good to horrible to good. I will contend that this timing was also perfectly aligned with going from a mobile QB to an immobile QB and back to a mobile QB. The offense was actually top 3 in the league for about a 4 game stretch late in the season.

Is Andy Dalton a mobile QB? Maybe a little earlier on in his career. I don't know about it anymore.
He's not very mobile anymore.

I get the Mitch hate, I really do, but people thinking Dalton is gonna be night and day difference from he or Foles, you're just buying right into the bullshit the Bears are trying to feed you.

Up here in Wisconsin, our late Fox game is almost always Dallas, so I got to watch him a lot this year and he is really not very good anymore at all. And on the O line, Leno is still gonna be there to keep one side at a pure trash level.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not very mobile anymore.

I get the Mitch hate, I really do, but people thinking Dalton is gonna be night and day difference from he or Foles, you're just buying right into the bullshit the Bears are trying to feed you.

Up here in Wisconsin, our late Fox game is almost always Dallas, so I got to watch him a lot this year and he is really not very good anymore at all. And on the O line, Leno is still gonna be there to keep one side at a pure trash level.

That's my thoughts as well. And I am buying into none of this bullshit.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We don't know if the running game and OL performance will be as good as it was when Trubisky was QB last season. It may be terrible for Dalton in the same way it was terrible for Foles.

CB is significantly worse.
We still need a SS or we are worse.
Danny Trevathan us a year older and therefore probabky safer to assume we regressed at ILB
Mingo at OLB is better than Attachu.

Most of those who are arguing that we are better is because we are assuming everyone is healthy. But as we all know, injuries will occur.

To me so far tge only real upgrades are backup RB, I like the additions of Tom Herman and Mike Pettiness to the coaching staff. Not sure about Desai though.