Bears claim Leatherwood

Bust

Liked Posts:
another reclamation reject the bears hit on. WOW!

McCown was cut by the 49ers at the end of training camp. He spent 2010 in the UFL and has played with the Panthers, Dolphins, Raiders, Lions and Cardinals. McCown has started 31 games in his NFL career, but he’s probably best known for nearly getting his finger lopped off by brother Luke when the two of them were chopping wood before the start of the 2008 season. McCown was expected to start for the Dolphins that year but wound up traded to the Panthers after the team acquired Chad Pennington.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

McCown was cut by the 49ers at the end of training camp. He spent 2010 in the UFL and has played with the Panthers, Dolphins, Raiders, Lions and Cardinals. McCown has started 31 games in his NFL career, but he’s probably best known for nearly getting his finger lopped off by brother Luke when the two of them were chopping wood before the start of the 2008 season. McCown was expected to start for the Dolphins that year but wound up traded to the Panthers after the team acquired Chad Pennington.
Usually you see flashes with a guy. It's not likeley that a guy goes from totally suck to anything but that. We will see i guess. I hope I am wrong.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was a first rd pick., probably a 2nd round talent coming out. Not a terrible pickup by any means as long as he is here to compete for a roster spot and not given one, which isn't this front office's mo. Money is negligible. Good to see some movement on CB and DL too.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bust! Arizona and Tampa thought so!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'm hoping the Bears can help him improve his fundamentals, technique and most importantly rebuild his confidence. I can't imagine his confidence level has been very high given how he's been moved all over the line without having much success. The Bears aren't winning the Super Bowl this year so may as well think of him as an early draft pick for 2023 and look to develop him accordingly.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I personally want Leatherwood to beat out Borom??‍♂️ To me Borom is the weak link on the line
Probably won't see Leatherwood until 2023 unless injuries hit the Bears hard. From what I understand what you really have to build backup with Leatherwood is his confidence. After sucking at both OT and OG last season his confidence was in the tank. It got even lower this offseason when he was running with the twos and threes, and this carried over into the preseason games. He really looks like a project at this point.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Bust! Arizona and Tampa thought so!

I don't think thomas jones was ever labeled a bust. People are redefining what bust means.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Mccown was never a bust. He was just a journeyman qb. And he was a third rounder. I would never label any third rounder a bust.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is take I saw...good imo, but we shall see

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I think this move is geared more towards the future, and what he can be developed into for next year. He's young and has talent. Vegas has been a shit show last few years and some security and stability could do him good. I also think the personalities and HITS system will be an advantage. We have a young line and he will fit right in. It's a good move that could turn into a spectacular move with some consistent, solid coaching of techniques and scheme. At 23, he is still young and has all the room in the world to improve.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So they are taking on his salary?

Wow, next step is trading away Jenkins I guess.

Poles knows offensive linemen lol
I honestly hope we learn from the Raiders mistake and keep Jenkins as a guard, and move Whitehair to center, and sign Fisher to a two year backloaded guaranteed deal, and let borom Jones and Reilly all contribute as RTs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So the Bears have two coaches (assistant oline and the dline) that were on the Raiders last year. The oline coach was their TE coach I believe. So the Bears should have a good idea of what they’re getting into. Flus mentioned it in his press conference today.