Bears claim Leatherwood

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I honestly hope we learn from the Raiders mistake and keep Jenkins as a guard, and move Whitehair to center, and sign Fisher to a two year backloaded guaranteed deal, and let borom Jones and Reilly all contribute as RTs.

Center continues to be weak, and if this works and leatherwood/Jenkins pan out at guard this could be a solid move.

Depending on how Jones does this year they could potentially be looking at an actual decent line needing to just replace 1 tackle.

Something like - Jones - LW - WH - teven - FA/2nd round pick (or borom if he develops)

Or

1st rounder/2nd rounder - LW - WH - teven - jones

Lot of ifs in this hypothetical though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What ever happened to the quality posters on CCS? The idiot boomers and casual fans in here are making it feel like every Bears Facebook comment section ever.
I'm reading and catching up before posting.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I honestly hope we learn from the Raiders mistake and keep Jenkins as a guard, and move Whitehair to center, and sign Fisher to a two year backloaded guaranteed deal, and let borom Jones and Reilly all contribute as RTs.

Fisher is not coming here.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I guess I'm the only one that likes this move. More competition on OL the better. Considering the last three GMs seemed to view the OL as unnecessary, I like Poles going after talent and seeing if it works out.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess I'm the only one that likes this move. More competition on OL the better. Considering the last three GMs seemed to view the OL as unnecessary, I like Poles going after talent and seeing if it works out.
I like the move, too. The guy clearly has talent. You just need to get someone who can get the most out of him. I don't have a lot of faith in the Raiders getting the most out of their players. Worth a shot here. If he doesn't work out, what did we lose out on? A roster spot and some money. Whatever.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Phil Emery drafted two pro bowl OL. One of them in the first round.

Thanks
Sir I have worked very hard for an ELITE likes to dislikes ratio. This is serious CCS business. Thanks.?
It is very impressive considering you're a massive Justin Fields HATER! That usually gets a lot of n3gs! Imagine being a homer and being in the negative zone like a certain poster whos name we shall not mention but his name rhymes with dahairs70.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I like the move, too. The guy clearly has talent. You just need to get someone who can get the most out of him. I don't have a lot of faith in the Raiders getting the most out of their players. Worth a shot here. If he doesn't work out, what did we lose out on? A roster spot and some money. Whatever.
Plus I think the raiders were putting him at tackle. Maybe he can develop into one, but if he proves to be a good signing, it could mean whitehair nearing the end. Not sure his contract details.
Phil Emery drafted two pro bowl OL. One of them in the first round.

Thanks

It is very impressive considering you're a massive Justin Fields HATER! That usually gets a lot of n3gs! Imagine being a homer and being in the negative zone like a certain poster whos name we shall not mention but his name rhymes with dahairs70.
Yeah, but Emery still would treat it as an afterthought. Bears have basically done that since 06. Had the occasional pick here and there, but most were late rounders and old toss aways. I think poles has put more emphasis in one free agent/waiver period than anyone since JA in 04-05.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
What’s going on with kellen diesch? I don’t see him in the practice squad.

This is a good signing! It looks to me that the kid will be able to play at some point.

Probably pissed that he got so little play in preseason which Miami might have done on purpose with hopes of hiding him on the practice squad- pure speculation on my part but why else would he leave the team that signed him?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but Emery still would treat it as an afterthought. Bears have basically done that since 06. Had the occasional pick here and there, but most were late rounders and old toss aways. I think poles has put more emphasis in one free agent/waiver period than anyone since JA in 04-05.
Long was a first round pick and all of Poles were day 3 lol. Im just saying my guy got a couple catches in 3 years. I would never put him in the same breath as Pace. Emery also went big on Jermon Bushrod. Him being dogshit without Drew Brees is another story lol

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's cheap, young and has worked with 2 of the coaches here before. And he didn't cost any draft picks. So why the fuck not I guess?(I'm not a fan of AL personally but I see the reasoning behind it)

It's not like Poles signed Frank Omilaye to big money.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's cheap, young and has worked with 2 of the coaches here before. And he didn't cost any draft picks. So why the fuck not I guess?(I'm not a fan of AL personally but I see the reasoning behind it)

It's not like Poles signed Frank Omilaye to big money.
Frank OhMyGod.. PTSD

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Long was a first round pick and all of Poles were day 3 lol. Im just saying my guy got a couple catches in 3 years. I would never put him in the same breath as Pace. Emery also went big on Jermon Bushrod. Him being dogshit without Drew Brees is another story lol
I completely forgot about Bushrod lol.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We could use a couple breaks.

Leatherwood needs to lose weight, and get lean, but other than that has the perfect body for the position.

Vegas is a hard strange place to get right sometimes.

30 teams passed on him, sure, but not many of those are in the bears cap situation.