Bears couldn't afford Jarvis Landry

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its crazy how many people on this site said Landry would get over 11 million.

I think Jarvis Landry has the most potential to be a legitimate wr for the next 2-3 seasons. At the same time he wants 20 mil a year. If we aren't going to pay ARob 18 mil a year, why would we pay Landry 20 mil. Even if he take a 1 year provide it deal his ultimate goal is to get paid that big contract.

I think Keleen Cole is likely the best middle ground option. Affordable and talented enough to be a 3rd/4th option.

If you want to pay $17mill for Julio’s obligatory 8 full games played, maybe 9, if you’re lucky, then you and I have starkly different views of things. Jones time here in ATL was so underwhelming after he got paid (heard that before!). He is always injured and never practices, as a result, and on top of that he has become so “unclutch.” Julio almost never scores TD’s.

Hard pass.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He must not have been on Justin Field's list.

Feeva

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure he chose where he wanted to go for that cheap. Not only that but he’s trying to put up big numbers and thinks he can do that in New Orleans for whatever reason

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was concerned of the possibility of having to catch passes from Trevor Siemian. Once Trevor left N.O. and came to the Bear, it was a done deal.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
All reports were pointing to him looking for 20 mil. He even fired his agent because he wasn't happy with the offers he was receiving.

Now with that said, if Bears didn't offer a financially better offer than the one he received with the Saints, I'd be pissed. Saints only make sense because it is home state and where he went college. Maybe worth a cheaper deal to spend one year near home and be near the support of his family and friends.

At the same time, Bears should have been in the conversation for 8-12 mil a year. I like Pringle's upside, but this staff/front office is too high on their own evaluations for players who have little experience. Getsy loves St. Brown and Poles likes his guy from KC. At this point it almost seems like those guys were promised starting opportunities.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
:jonesy:

Who would that be that would push an all pro player off the roster ?

Jarvis Landry has never been an all pro... Not even close.

He's also at the tail end of his career.

Anyone who thought he was getting $11M was out of their mind.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Landry has averaged close to 1000 yards a season over his career. Certainly would have been a solid addition even if they guaranteed the total 6 million.

Poles certainly took on a difficult situation on the offensive side of the ball but man he has done himself no favors this offseason.

Bust

Liked Posts:
He was concerned of the possibility of having to catch passes from Trevor Siemian. Once Trevor left N.O. and came to the Bear, it was a done deal.

Are you implying Justin will get benched???

#uhoh

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I mean, just a guess, but there's something to playing a majority of games in a stadium where you grew up an hour away.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I mean, just a guess, but there's something to playing a majority of games in a stadium where you grew up an hour away.
Agreed the Bears weren't an attractive choice for any FA WR. It was a tough job for Poles. But I think he could have done better than what we ended up with.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Agreed the Bears weren't an attractive choice for any FA WR. It was a tough job for Poles. But I think he could have done better than what we ended up with.
I don't disagree with either in bold. I don't think spending big money in FA on WR is a smart move going forward. I'd rather they use the draft capital, which, well.....