Bears defense projected to be near the bottom again

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree they will be better stopping the run, but expect they will be slayed in the passing game
The DTs they drafted supposedly have the skills to penetrate, not just stop the run. Even the nose tackle FA that was signed from the Raiders has turned on his pass rush ability last season, so that should benefit even the scrubs on the edge, and the LBs if they're rushing the passer. Slayed? Compared to last season I think there's improvement on paper.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
And scene.
If the 32nd pick isn’t a first in your eyes because of the forfeit, than that point about the 2025 1st is mute.
I can agree with the 25 1st. But when do people recognize that #32 was a pick on 2nd day with no 5th year option.

What is the difference between #32 and #33 this year (2023)? Then tell me for 2024.

Thanks.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can agree with the 25 1st. But when do people recognize that #32 was a pick on 2nd day with no 5th year option.

What is the difference between #32 and #33 this year (2023)? Then tell me for 2024.

Thanks.

Fifth year option hasn’t really mattered with the new CBA.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need ball bounces and turnovers. This single stat will turn any defense to top tier.

JJ is in his contract year. Is he worth top bucks as a corner with 1 career pick?
bears will move on from Johnson before the trade deadline IMO

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
And scene.
If the 32nd pick isn’t a first in your eyes because of the forfeit, than that point about the 2025 1st is mute.

The guy we get with it is probably still in highschool. It'd be like Payton Manning's skit teaching kids football. :LOL:

It's moot BTW. Moot point not mute point.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I think that's fair. It all starts in the trenches and our D-Line is sketch. Doesn't matter what talent or how much money you have behind the fat guys. EVERYBODY will get open with time.

Tom Paris

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Sporting Kansas City
  1. Boston Celtics
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
The linebackers are studs. I really like the back 7. Dline
can't be worse...can it?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to see more from Gordon and Brisker.

Brisker looks great and his numbers surely would be too if we had a pass rush.

Right now it's no pass rush or take a man out of coverage to create it. Either way the DBs are not in a fair world.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Brisker looks great and his numbers surely would be too if we had a pass rush.

Right now it's no pass rush or take a man out of coverage to create it. Either way the DBs are not in a fair world.
bro where is your optimism? I really think they focused on the interior DL to generate pressure and will do some interesting things with their LBs because of it. At Nose tackle the Bears are very stout now and even have rotational people there if the rooks are ready to go. At 3T really need the new guy to be the beast they drafted him to be.

Always keep in mind that my biggest sophomore #calledit is DomRob. I'm rarely wrong on that sort of thing. If I am you can tell me to STFU on my my next sophomore season #calledt.

There will be a pass rush, and it will look better than last year. How could it not?

Liked Posts:
They'll start slow. But I do believe that if they committ to their youth they'll gradually pick up some steam.

I believe the Bears will end up alot like Detroit last season and either just miss or just get the last WC spot with a record around 8-9 or 9-8.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
bro where is your optimism? I really think they focused on the interior DL to generate pressure and will do some interesting things with their LBs because of it. At Nose tackle the Bears are very stout now and even have rotational people there if the rooks are ready to go. At 3T really need the new guy to be the beast they drafted him to be.

Always keep in mind that my biggest sophomore #calledit is DomRob. I'm rarely wrong on that sort of thing. If I am you can tell me to STFU on my my next sophomore season #calledt.

There will be a pass rush, and it will look better than last year. How could it not?
Everyone on the DL breaks their coccyx first play of week 1.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I lot of hype on the rookie DTs but rookie DTs rarely perform that great. There are some exceptions though, but it is the norm for DTs. I see the back 7 being very busy this season and without a pass rush, they will be on an island and the CBs are not very good to begin with. They will be OK at LB but lack depth there too. Speaking of lack of depth, there is none at DE.

To me, this D is definitely in the bottom 5th of the league.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The DTs they drafted supposedly have the skills to penetrate, not just stop the run. Even the nose tackle FA that was signed from the Raiders has turned on his pass rush ability last season, so that should benefit even the scrubs on the edge, and the LBs if they're rushing the passer. Slayed? Compared to last season I think there's improvement on paper.
games aren't played on paper

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I lot of hype on the rookie DTs but rookie DTs rarely perform that great. There are some exceptions though, but it is the norm for DTs. I see the back 7 being very busy this season and without a pass rush, they will be on an island and the CBs are not very good to begin with. They will be OK at LB but lack depth there too. Speaking of lack of depth, there is none at DE.

To me, this D is definitely in the bottom 5th of the league.

With 15 DBs we just make them the whole defense. It will be a very crowded island.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Do you think having 15 dbs at this point in the off season is abnormal?

Is nobody able to comprehend what they read around here? Show me where I said it's abnormal.

Person A says we don't have CB depth.
Person B points out we have 15 DBs.

More than half of those 15 DBs are CBs. He may not like them but we have depth.

We don't need to go shopping for DBs to field a team this year.

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Is nobody able to comprehend what they read around here? Show me where I said it's abnormal.

Person A says we don't have CB depth.
Person B points out we have 15 DBs.

More than half of those 15 DBs are CBs. He may not like them but we have depth.

We don't need to go shopping for DBs to field a team this year.

Huh? You replied to someone saying that the cornerbacks would be on an island by saying "With 15 DBs we just make them the whole defense. It will be a very crowded island."

Do you understand what you are saying?

What does having 15 dbs have to do with anything? What does having 15 dbs at this point in the off season have anything to with depth? Every team has 15(or, often, more) DBs on their roster. They won't have 15 dbs on the final roster. Why would you bring up 15 dbs unless you thought it was abnormal? Your response made no sense.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Last season the Bears finished as the worst team in the NFL. It is not likely that they fix everything in one season, but I believe they will field a better squad than last year.

The arrow, therefore, is pointing up. Just enjoy it.