Bears Fans - We are going to be in an odd place the Bears haven't been before since 8

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Even worse case scenario with these hires, you are going to see an immediate uptick in the offense as defenses won't know who to defend it.

See when Garry Crowten 1st year as Bears OC, even Trestman's 1st year..that offense was high power before the NFL figured it out and Trestman, well Trestman'd.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Even worse case scenario with these hires, you are going to see an immediate uptick in the offense as defenses won't know who to defend it.

See when Garry Crowten 1st year as Bears OC, even Trestman's 1st year..that offense was high power before the NFL figured it out and Trestman, well Trestman'd.

Trestman had gas to cook with...Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, Marty. B

Yeah our receiving corps is nowhere near that potent

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Trestman had gas to cook with...Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffrey, Brandon Marshall, Marty. B

We still have a full round of draft and free agency before next season starts.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I have bolded the important part of your statement....

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I have bolded the important part of your statement....

The important part is that we need a lot of goddamn talent ;)

We still have a full round of draft and free agency before next season starts.

A draft and FA without a lot of available WR talent. This is why I'm saying...the coaching hires are nice but right now we're like a solid foundation without an actual nice house on top of it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do people really give a shit about what the Albert Breer, Mike Florio, Peter King, and Bill Simmons of the world really think???

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
The important part is that we need a lot of goddamn talent ;)

A draft and FA without a lot of available WR talent. This is why I'm saying...the coaching hires are nice but right now we're like a solid foundation without an actual nice house on top of it.

There is alot of underrated talent at WR (think 2nd/3rd round) in this years draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do people really give a shit about what the Albert Breer, Mike Florio, Peter King, and Bill Simmons of the world really think???

it is interesting to talk about....that is about it......if you want to take it to its logical conclusion, should any of us give a shit about what anybody here on the message board thinks?

Maybe we should just shut the board down.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't understand the thread title.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
it is interesting to talk about....that is about it......if you want to take it to its logical conclusion, should any of us give a shit about what anybody here on the message board thinks?

Maybe we should just shut the board down.

I care what others fans think. I care about what the beat reporters say. I care about what local sports radio says. My point is, what is the big deal if the national press gives positive or negative reactions to any of this?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I care what others fans think. I care about what the beat reporters say. I care about what local sports radio says. My point is, what is the big deal if the national press gives positive or negative reactions to any of this?

big deal no...none of this is a "big deal"...fun to talk about yes......which is what we are doing

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Welcome to life in the NFL. When defenses have a year of tape to analyze an offense, the real challenges come. Except that is assuming that Nagy will keep running the same concepts year after year which will not be likely. I expect him to keep adding to the offense as they acclimate to it.

One of the things that I paid the most attention to is the fact that Nagy doesn't want players to get pigeon holed into one position. His receivers are all going to have to learn how to play the different positions for his offense to work how he wants it to work. This is going to piss off a lot of fans because receivers, particularly new receivers to the team, are going to have a hell of a learning period where its going to look rough around the edges with miscues between the receiver and the quarterback. I am 100% calling this shit right here right now. This is my 2018 #CalledIt

Except the great thing about this concept is that when it starts coming together and things are humming, Nagy's offense is going to be a bitch to predict and defend.

Last edited:

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Some media props is finally welcome. For sure it's better than all the beat down we've been getting, most of it deserved.

I have to lol at Green Bay, as I think this will be a changing of the guard.

I also have to lol at Josh McDaniels, who did not get the Bears gig.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some media props is finally welcome. For sure it's better than all the beat down we've been getting, most of it deserved.

I have to lol at Green Bay, as I think this will be a changing of the guard.

I also have to lol at Josh McDaniels, who did not get the Bears gig.

Or any gig for that matter.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Welcome to life in the NFL. When defenses have a year of tape to analyze an offense, the real challenges come. Except that is assuming that Nagy will keep running the same concepts year after year which will not be likely. I expect him to keep adding to the offense as they acclimate to it.

One of the things that I paid the most attention to is the fact that Nagy doesn't want players to get pigeon holed into one position. His receivers are all going to have to learn how to play the different positions for his offense to work how he wants it to work. This is going to piss off a lot of fans because receivers, particularly new receivers to the team, are going to have a hell of a learning period where its going to look rough around the edges with miscues between the receiver and the quarterback. I am 100% calling this shit right here right now. This is my 2018 #CalledIt

Except the great thing about this concept is that when it starts coming to together and things are humming, Nagy's offense is going to be a bitch to predict and defend.

Yeah, it's going to be fun witnessing it from the start as it grows.
His system, supposedly, lines guys up in the same formation for multiple plays for deception.
It's going to be fun for us, fans, trying to guess what play he's going with.
It'll be such a breath of fresh air from run run pass punt.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Crowten left after 2 years to be BYU head coach. After that, the Bears hired John Shoop as OC, and henceforth the birth of the shoopster.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't mean media won't be all over it. Its about excitement potential and big plays more than w-l for them.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Are you suggesting the national media's gonna be abuzz by a few big plays every game if the Bears go 6-and-10? Doubtful . . .

You're doing a great job trying to lower the expectations of CCS Bear fans, Teddy, but it IS about wins and losses. The honeymoon is over, and Snails is out of excuses now that he has "HIS" coach. He's on the clock . . .

Washington

Liked Posts:
Huh? Wait, Pace doesn’t know what he’s doing according to the resident meatheads.

I believe the majority of people here believe he has done fine with the draft. The concerns have been in free agency.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t care too much about the national guys and what they think of the Bears.

It’s the Bears. National people overall hate the Bears always.

Chiefs give up two firsts for a guy who rides pine all day before Watson, and it’s gutsy and brilliant.
Bears give up two thirds and a fourth, and the NFL laughs.

Bears are the least desirable job opening.

Bears were dumb for letting Forte go.

The Bears really should give Fox more of a chance.

Et cetera
Et cetera
Et fucking cetera

The national folks will never like us, guys. Fuck em. Stick the Lombardi Trophy up their ass when the Bears finally win it again. Some of us may even see the day!!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
"Bears Fans - We are going to be in an odd place the Bears haven't been before since 8"

8 what? 8AM? Since they were 8 years old back in 1928? I honestly don't know what that means.