Bears Fans - We are going to be in an odd place the Bears haven't been before since 8

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting the national media's gonna be abuzz by a few big plays every game if the Bears go 6-and-10? Doubtful . . .

You're doing a great job trying to lower the expectations of CCS Bear fans, Teddy, but it IS about wins and losses. The honeymoon is over, and Snails is out of excuses now that he has "HIS" coach. He's on the clock . . .
This is the bottom line: everyone here knows that if this fails both Nagy and Pace are out the door. There is no lowering of a bar nor lowering of expectations. It either works or it doesn't.

However, there is a concept of fairness that comes along with hiring a new coach. Regardless of how you feel, the Bears have every intent to allow Pace and Nagy to succeed.

So, you could either sit here and howl for the next 2 to 3 years, or simply understand the situation and take it as it is - next year is the first year of a new coach installing a new offense and quite possibly if Vic doesn't come back a new defense, and therefore there will be growing pains.

The Bears may or may not be able to rack up some more wins with those Growing Pains. The growth is more important next year than the wins and losses.

Year 2 is when all the excuses end. By that point the Bears had better look improved. By improved that does not mean polished or perfect, but good enough to at least be around the playoffs.

Year 3 is when everything should click, and be the beginning of a run in the playoffs for an extended period of time for the Chicago Bears unless they are ahead of schedule and begin that run in year 2.

You can bitch and moan, whine and cry, complain about this person or that person needs to be fired, but it means absolutely nothing. The above schedule is the above schedule whether people complain or don't.

So yes, knowing that, it can actually be liberating because you don't have to worry about bitching and moaning. If it sucks, everyone is going to be cleared out soon enough anyway. So instead of being miserable, why not just enjoy the ride, except the schedule as it is, and understand that this is either going to go very right or very wrong and if it is very wrong, we can all pontificate in 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
"Bears Fans - We are going to be in an odd place the Bears haven't been before since 8"

8 what? 8AM? Since they were 8 years old back in 1928? I honestly don't know what that means.
The stupid title ran out of room but didn't tell me since I was doing it from my phone. It was supposed to say since the 85 Bears

Washington

Liked Posts:
So, you could either sit here and howl for the next 2 to 3 years, or simply understand the situation and take it as it is - next year is the first year of a new coach installing a new offense and quite possibly if Vic doesn't come back a new defense, and therefore there will be growing pains.

The Bears may or may not be able to rack up some more wins with those Growing Pains. The growth is more important next year than the wins and losses.

All one needs to do is point to the Rams and call bullshit on that. Sounds like the excuses for any lack of success for next year. There will be more besides the new coaches/system. It was said many times by many people that with better coaching, the team would have won more games. The Bears won more games in 2015 with the new coaches than they won in 2014.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The stupid title ran out of room but didn't tell me since I was doing it from my phone. It was supposed to say since the 85 Bears

That sometimes happens to me so I just repost the entire title at the top of the original post and make it bold so people can tell it is a title separately from the actual body of the posting it is introducing. Also for what it is worth I did not think the title was "stupid" after you now explained it, don't be so hard on yourself.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
There is a difference in not caring for the suck in the Bears (see Cleveland), or even not respecting the team. There is a line you cross when you have palpable measurable disdain and loathing for a team, that you have no personal negative history for. A lot of the media has crossed that line for the Bears. I do understand, that if you were a former player or coach, and battled us before...

(Excuse me, Trent Dilfer?!?!?!?)

I think it all started with Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels craziness in Denver. Mark Schlereth, ex Denver guy, was very vocal. I personally understood it that he wanted Cutler, who was playing well then, to stay in Denver. He went livid on Cutler. Jay went to the Bears. Schlereth transferred that angst with Jay toward the Bears. It became cool to not like the Bears.

You can doubt it, but it played a part.

The only way to stop at least some of this nonsense, is to look the part - the Bears competently have with their new coach acquisitions, AND TO WIN! They cannot ignore a winner. You look stupid if you aren't with or like the hot winning team. We. Must. Win.

This has been THE WORST 3 years in Bears history. We cannot win with run run pass punt. We cannot win without some passing attack. Right the ship!

Win!

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
All one needs to do is point to the Rams and call bullshit on that. Sounds like the excuses for any lack of success for next year. There will be more besides the new coaches/system. It was said many times by many people that with better coaching, the team would have won more games. The Bears won more games in 2015 with the new coaches than they won in 2014.
So for you, Howl it is. No two teams are the same.

I am not saying the Bears cannot turn it around in Year one. I am saying it is an unrealistic expectation. The Rams had more Talent on their roster than the Bears do right now.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Are you suggesting the national media's gonna be abuzz by a few big plays every game if the Bears go 6-and-10? Doubtful . . .

You're doing a great job trying to lower the expectations of CCS Bear fans, Teddy, but it IS about wins and losses. The honeymoon is over, and Snails is out of excuses now that he has "HIS" coach. He's on the clock . . .

“A few big plays” are what turn just about every game. If the Bears scored one TD more per game this year they’d have had 9 wins. That increase would have only moved them closer to the middle of the pack offensively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a difference in not caring for the suck in the Bears (see Cleveland), or even not respecting the team. There is a line you cross when you have palpable measurable disdain and loathing for a team, that you have no personal negative history for. A lot of the media has crossed that line for the Bears. I do understand, that if you were a former player or coach, and battled us before...

(Excuse me, Trent Dilfer?!?!?!?)

I think it all started with Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels craziness in Denver. Mark Schlereth, ex Denver guy, was very vocal. I personally understood it that he wanted Cutler, who was playing well then, to stay in Denver. He went livid on Cutler. Jay went to the Bears. Schlereth transferred that angst with Jay toward the Bears. It became cool to not like the Bears.

You can doubt it, but it played a part.

The only way to stop at least some of this nonsense, is to look the part - the Bears competently have with their new coach acquisitions, AND TO WIN! They cannot ignore a winner. You look stupid if you aren't with or like the hot winning team. We. Must. Win.

This has been THE WORST 3 years in Bears history. We cannot win with run run pass punt. We cannot win without some passing attack. Right the ship!

Win!
You were not around for wanny......much worse

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk