Bears Free Agent News/Rumors

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wallace??? Really??? Must be a smoke screen.

Catch22

Liked Posts:
yea, despite looking at both jennings and wallace, I doubt they'll make a serious offer.

It does show their interest in adding another speedy WR though

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't hurt to do your due diligence and that's prolly the Case for Wallace and Jennings. Every team checks on players even knowing they probably won't sign them.

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
What does this say about the tackle situation? Maybe emery is ok with webb and carimi. You would think jermon or long would be the #1 priority but obviously Philly E begs to differ.

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
Think I would rather draft a guard before I get in a bidding war and overpay for one. Just saying

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bushrod can't handle speed rushers... and you want to put him against Mathews twice a year? I would rather pay $ for an outstanding LG than to a questionable LT that'll have you wishing for J Webb to start again...

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ya if the Bears go after guards in FA...that pretty much tells you they either still have faith in Webb and Carimi .. or there are tackles they think they can get later in the draft, Round 2 or 4 probably...... that can be as good or better. Maybe Menelik Watson or Terron Armstead...

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Great...more Webb or a rookie LT to get Cutler housed again! Man...i hope we lose out on a guard and just draft one in the 1st or 2nd on the cheap. If we are gonna spend 8 mill for a guard, might as well put that into a solid LT for the blindside

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Webb will look much better if there is a competent player on his right side. Although I don't really like any offensive lineman we have, I think most of our woes come from the interior.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kromer likes that big LG

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I hate Greg Jennings, but if the team signed him I might be persuaded to warm up to him. Marshall and Jennings would be nasty. We can't be spending big dough on another wide receiver though. That would be insane.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Think I would rather draft a guard before I get in a bidding war and overpay for one. Just saying

I wouldn't mind letting Tenn / STL outbid us on Levitre/Vasquez and then sit at 20 and watch one of Warmack/Cooper fall to us

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I think he likes OGs that are dominant pass protectors, which Levitre is, and Levitre and Ben Grubbs are a similar size.

Yep. Also Trestman's offense apparently asks for his G's to pull and get to the second level, which Levitre is pretty darn good at

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have had no problem in the past when real money was invested in our biggest weakness DE (Peppers) and WR (Marshall) and the OL should be no different.

We have tried the bargain basement approach (Rachal), the aging and cheaper (Pace) the 1st round reclamation project (Spencer) and the young developing guy (Omiyale) and they have all failed.

Based on this recent track record of failure and where it has left the line, I would not fault Emery for wanting a sure thing Pro Bowl player on the OL and for paying for it.