Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would add that all the talk from Pace has been about knowing the person and their priorities. I think that's an issue with Jay. I know he loves football, but I don't think he likes much of anything more than himself. We're probably stuck with him for another year due to the contract. I actually like the guy, but not as the Bear qb.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Bottom line is the haters will point to his turnovers and no Super Bowl to say he needs to go.

Fan boys say he's the best we've ever had.

Rational fans see that he is middle of the road and chances of us getting anyone close to that anytime soon in the draft are slim to none.

That is a fact and the reason why Cutler is the least of this teams problems.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bottom line is the haters will point to his turnovers and no Super Bowl to say he needs to go.

Fan boys say he's the best we've ever had.

Rational fans see that he is middle of the road and chances of us getting anyone close to that anytime soon in the draft are slim to none.

That is a fact and the reason why Cutler is the least of this teams problems.

Cutler can succeed. I think they would trade him if they could, but no team wants his contract next season. He can be very successful if he can manage the game and not try to put everything on his shoulders. If the defense improves, maybe he won't think he has to force the ball all the time. OL took a step back last year as well when Slauson went down. I really only like Slauson and Long as starters there. It's hard to do everything in a yr when they're saddled with some of these contracts.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can someone evaluate the 2014 Chicago Bears and walk away saying that the QB position is the least of their problems??

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How can someone evaluate the 2014 Chicago Bears and walk away saying that the QB position is the least of their problems??

I think the biggest issue is lack of options. If a team wanted to eat his contract, I'd do it. I have no idea what Gase thinks about McCown or anyone who might be available. I think Cutler needs to be coached more, but he thinks he's smarter than all of his coaches. Don't think that Pace is unaware of that.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He isnt the least but he isnt the biggest either. The 2014 bears were terrible all around and most of the players on that team have played a lot better before. Evaulating any player off that one year Is as dumb as saying Mccown is a good qb based off five good games

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Conversely, how can you say he is when this is the WORST 2 year stretch for defense in the entire history of this franchise?

Not to mention Cutler ranks in the middle in almost every category. So the average QB is the biggest problem but the league's last ranked D isn't?

I suppose this argument is futile...

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Conversely, how can you say he is when this is the WORST 2 year stretch for defense in the entire history of this franchise?

Not to mention Cutler ranks in the middle in almost every category. So the average QB is the biggest problem but the league's last ranked D isn't?

I suppose this argument is futile...

Once you point out who those posters are, I suggest you ask them that very question.

The defense was a big issue, but most knew that coming in. Unfortunately, they didn't improve much although the run D was much better.

The offense was supposed to carry this team, they were the top unit coming in the season. They flopped dramatically, #6 wasn't the least of that problem.

cd35

Liked Posts:
The only players on this team that should be definitely safe are Long and Ratliff. And Ratliff is old and gets hurt a lot. Probably Brandon too but everyone seems to be whining about him, well whining. Ah, Alshon also but he showed when he has to be the #1, dropsies.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

LOL!! How the fuck can anyone claim this sort of moronic statement is "rational".

Yeah I mean everyone knows it's pretty much impossible for the draft to produce a middle of the road QB. Totally rational. :rolleyes: :bizarro: :facepalm:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL!! How the fuck can anyone claim this sort of moronic statement is "rational".

Yeah I mean everyone knows it's pretty much impossible for the draft to produce a middle of the road QB. Totally rational. :rolleyes: :bizarro: :facepalm:

Agreed. Lets get another middle of the road qb for you to support then turn on randomly! Yeah a middle of the road QB is what we need again

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Lets get another middle of the road qb for you to support then turn on randomly!

3mLydMU.png

There was nothing random about it. I said going into the season it was a put up or shut up year for Cutler and there would be no more excuses. He failed to step up and thus lost my support. It's a pretty simple concept, not sure why you morons can't seem to grasp it.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Once you point out who those posters are, I suggest you ask them that very question.

The defense was a big issue, but most knew that coming in. Unfortunately, they didn't improve much although the run D was much better.

The offense was supposed to carry this team, they were the top unit coming in the season. They flopped dramatically, #6 wasn't the least of that problem.
Why does it matter if we knew the D was gonna be bad? Still does not change the fact that they were epically awful.

So I'm saying a middle of the road QB is far less of a priority right now vs. Fixing this defense.

Am I crazy...?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Lets get another middle of the road qb for you to support then turn on randomly! Yeah a middle of the road QB is what we need again
So why don't you give a few examples then? And if you can, what are the odds of us finding that guy and not done one worse?

But I'm sure you would rather just GIF bomb everyone instead...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Discussion is void we are now cutting cutler trading forte and marshall and bennet gonna sign a tonna guys off the street for vet minimum and save so much cash then with all the awesome number one picks the lionbears will emerge from the ashes in 2025 like mighty phoenixes and win 15 straight superbowls

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Discussion is void we are now cutting cutler trading forte and marshall and bennet gonna sign a tonna guys off the street for vet minimum and save so much cash then with all the awesome number one picks the lionbears will emerge from the ashes in 2025 like mighty phoenixes and win 15 straight superbowls

ohhemad.jpg

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

nope ive seen the light im onboard now lets get rid of everyone sure it'll suck for me but why be selfish. this way my kids and their kids will get to watch great bears football with the 10 number one picks on the team

Liked Posts:
The only players on this team that should be definitely safe are Long and Ratliff. And Ratliff is old and gets hurt a lot. Probably Brandon too but everyone seems to be whining about him, well whining. Ah, Alshon also but he showed when he has to be the #1, dropsies.

Fuller is safe. Forte is safe (at least for this year). Slauson is safe. Houston is safe. But you are right in general, this team does not have many guys that are legitimately 100% safe. Alshon is most definitely safe though. Had the injury bug last year, and played through it. I think he will have a much better year this year.