1. Negotiation through media
2. No one ever knows what homie will ACTUALLY do

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Eagles have played their hand. They’re not getting the first round pick they’ve been holding out for from anyone.

As soon as there’s talk of the Bears & other teams moving on, the Eagles will come calling again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You snooze, you lose. He's pushing the narrative. That said, I'm glad he's not willing to overpay. Football is about what have you done for me lately. Eagles can go pound sand if they don't get real about a player with an injury history, recent poor play for an entire season and a huge contract to cover.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s February and Pace is impatient. He needs to self evaluate desperately. This is his biggest weakness by far.
He is impatient in dealing with a team that has been dragging out negotiations on one player. February has actually nothing to do with it they’re talking about one specific negotiation.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The column says “Wentz is also the player who threw for 33 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2017 before a knee injury derailed his season“.

No, unless he proves he can play like that after the knee injury, we cannot say he is that same player.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Eagles have played their hand. They’re not getting the first round pick they’ve been holding out for from anyone.

As soon as there’s talk of the Bears & other teams moving on, the Eagles will come calling again.

I think this as well.

With the caveat that none of us truly know what's going down or not going down, this is just my impression.

I think the Eagles preferred to make a deal quickly before people thought too hard about it and shared notes, but now that everyone involved knows they're not paying what the Eagles are demanding, the market for Wentz has cooled.

This gives me hope that if the Bears have the best offer, it doesn't involve a first-round pick. Seeing Wentz's whole body of work, I gotta be honest---I wouldn't hate it if the Bears gave up a couple of non-first-round picks for him.

The only real "deadline" that matters now is April 29---the NFL Draft. Any team wanting to move assets will probably do so before then so that they can snag a few extra picks in this year's draft.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think this as well.

With the caveat that none of us truly know what's going down or not going down, this is just my impression.

I think the Eagles preferred to make a deal quickly before people thought too hard about it and shared notes, but now that everyone involved knows they're not paying what the Eagles are demanding, the market for Wentz has cooled.

This gives me hope that if the Bears have the best offer, it doesn't involve a first-round pick. Seeing Wentz's whole body of work, I gotta be honest---I wouldn't hate it if the Bears gave up a couple of non-first-round picks for him.

The only real "deadline" that matters now is April 29---the NFL Draft. Any team wanting to move assets will probably do so before then so that they can snag a few extra picks in this year's draft.

Does this mean that the dynamic duo of Pace and Nagy aren't completely, certifiably Special person?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not so sure the single #1 hasn't been offered but it's rumored they want more.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not so sure the single #1 hasn't been offered but it's rumored they want more.

The Eagles should be jumping at the chance to take a 1st for Wentz. I feel like they haven't been offered that yet. Getting that salary off their books for a guy that is completely done in Philly. They'd be crazy not to take it imo.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Eagles should be jumping at the chance to take a 1st for Wentz. I feel like they haven't been offered that yet. Getting that salary off their books for a guy that is completely done in Philly. They'd be crazy not to take it imo.
I would be a dick and offer the 2023 1st round pick and Foles but ask this year's 2nd in return when they got desperate

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
Stafford has thrown for 4000+ yards every season for almost a decade straight. He's also played all 16 games every season for a decade straight. Except 2019. For the Eagles to compare that track record to Wentz's spotty career & contract is an embarrasing self evaluation. And honestly disrespectfull to hold that position in a negotiation. If I'm Pace, I'd cease all communication and tell them to shoot me an email once their high comes down. Because somebody's smoking something is Philly.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Stafford has thrown for 4000+ yards every season for almost a decade straight. He's also played all 16 games every season for a decade straight. Except 2019. For the Eagles to compare that track record to Wentz's spotty career & contract is an embarrasing self evaluation. And honestly disrespectfull to hold that position in a negotiation. If I'm Pace, I'd cease all communication and tell them to shoot me an email once their high comes down. Because somebody's smoking something is Philly.

you are making a strong case to not pursue wentz at all which would be the right move IMO

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
The column says “Wentz is also the player who threw for 33 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2017 before a knee injury derailed his season“.

No, unless he proves he can play like that after the knee injury, we cannot say he is that same player.
He threw for 21 touchdowns and 7 interceptions in 2018 and 27 touchdowns against 7 interceptions in 2019. He's proven he can play like that after the knee injury. I don't believe the knee had anything to do with his issues in 2020.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think this as well.

Don’t the Eagles have to pay him a bonus if he’s there after March 11? I would say they’d want him out before then.

If they had an offer with a first round pick of any kind, this year or future, they’d have accepted that already. I think he’s worth a 3rd unless you’re getting them to eat more money in bonuses or getting picks back.

Really they ought to be offering more just for someone to take that contract away. He’s become untenable there so they gotta eat the dead cap either way.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Don’t the Eagles have to pay him a bonus if he’s there after March 11? I would say they’d want him out before then.

If they had an offer with a first round pick of any kind, this year or future, they’d have accepted that already. I think he’s worth a 3rd unless you’re getting them to eat more money in bonuses or getting picks back.

Really they ought to be offering more just for someone to take that contract away. He’s become untenable there so they gotta eat the dead cap either way.
In all honesty if Pace can swap 20 and Foles and net Wentz and a pick in the 2nd-3rd I wouldn't be mad. Like I still wouldn't be stoked, but I wouldn't actively be calling for his head.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
In all honesty if Pace can swap 20 and Foles and net Wentz and a pick in the 2nd-3rd I wouldn't be mad. Like I still wouldn't be stoked, but I wouldn't actively be calling for his head.
Pace and other GMs have the upper hand and none of them seem to believe Wentz is worth a 1st. Giving the Eagles a 2nd and Foles for Wentz and a 3rd back is an offer to listen to. The Eagles lost the upper hand a while ago.