Bears Growing Impatient in Trade talks for Wentz

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think this boils down to the knowledge that the Colts GM is a tight wad and isn't offering anymore than what he did, the Bears have offered more, but Wentz doesn't want to go to Chicago, he prefers the Colts who aren't budging.

Think that pretty much sums it up. Unless another player jumps in.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think this boils down to the knowledge that the Colts GM is a tight wad and isn't offering anymore than what he did, the Bears have offered more, but Wentz doesn't want to go to Chicago, he prefers the Colts who aren't budging.

Colts reportedly never offered a first for Stafford, they sure as hell won't offer one for Wentz. If Paces offers anything more than a 2nd for Wentz, he is a fool.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In all honesty if Pace can swap 20 and Foles and net Wentz and a pick in the 2nd-3rd I wouldn't be mad. Like I still wouldn't be stoked, but I wouldn't actively be calling for his head.

I think we'd all be good if we could get Wentz and a 2nd or 3rd for Foles and a 1st but that's about as realistic as 95% of the mocks in the 2021 mock drafts thread...:deer:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colts reportedly never offered a first for Stafford, they sure as hell won't offer one for Wentz. If Paces offers anything more than a 2nd for Wentz, he is a fool.
Well, the fact they're in this predicament speaks volumes.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I don't think Wentz has a no trade close. Doesn't really matter if he doesn't want to go to Chicago. He demanded a trade, and without a no trade clause, he's really at the mercy of the Eagles.

I still don't think the Eagles want to trade him though. They're not stupid....and they have to know the package they're asking for is never going to happen, or going to come close to it. They also have to know that everyday they don't get a deal done, another potential team could be out of the market if they make a trade for another QB that's rumored to be out there. Is Carson Wentz prepared to sit out the season if they don't trade him? I have my doubts about that one.

Either way, the only way I could stomach the Wentz trade is if a 1st wasn't part of the deal and they took big dick, panic quick Nick back, and I don't think there's any way the Eagles trade him without a 1st coming back.

From the Bears, perspective, I'm going all out on Watson. 5 1st rounders? You got it. Whatever. Bears could manage trading Kevin White, Mitch Tribusky, Leonard Floyd, Roquan Smith, and some other guy for a legit franchise QB.

After Watson, I'm targeting Carr. I'd offer #20, 2022 2nd, and 2022 4th. I'd also beg them to take Foles.

I'd say Ryan is 3rd, but I'll assume the rumors are true that Atlanta isn't dealing him.

Then it's Wentz. My offer would be Foles, 2021 2nd rounder, and 2022 5th rounder. If they wanted more than that,fuck off.

If Bears strike out on all 3, they're fucked next season. They would have no realistic shot at a SB. Foles and rookie? Yeah, not going to get you far, and the Pace/Nagy collaboration would be over. I just can't see them going that route. They're going to get desperate and overpay. Might as well be for Watson.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Can the Bears trade Mack to Baltimore for that stud O lineman that wants out? Anybody with knowledge of the cap know? Would be sick to have a stud lt/rt AND keep A Rob. Then swing for the fences for Fields with 2 firsts and 2 seconds

Baltimore also prefers Big Olineman to play receiver and they are stacked defensively maybe they are down to add another big piece

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The stage is set for an "Indianapolis price," and a "Bears and stay in the NFC price."

Pace never knows how to play the game or the rules of engagement. If he wants this he is going to have to force the Eagles hand and pay like the desperate man he is.

Roquan and a first and whatever else cash needs to shake hands.

Or Foles and 2 firsts.

Its a fair price, we will regret it if we don't win this, imo, and if we don't "overpay" what Indy offered, than Philly has no reason to involve us, just take the Indy offer. Wentz is ready to go win right now. He has every tool and gets a cold weather boost, and I would bet a sloppy soft field boost, wind boost, etc.

I don't think we could actually overpay here if you acquire a franchise QB.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
I don't think Wentz has a no trade close. Doesn't really matter if he doesn't want to go to Chicago. He demanded a trade, and without a no trade clause, he's really at the mercy of the Eagles.

I still don't think the Eagles want to trade him though. They're not stupid....and they have to know the package they're asking for is never going to happen, or going to come close to it. They also have to know that everyday they don't get a deal done, another potential team could be out of the market if they make a trade for another QB that's rumored to be out there. Is Carson Wentz prepared to sit out the season if they don't trade him? I have my doubts about that one.

Either way, the only way I could stomach the Wentz trade is if a 1st wasn't part of the deal and they took big dick, panic quick Nick back, and I don't think there's any way the Eagles trade him without a 1st coming back.

From the Bears, perspective, I'm going all out on Watson. 5 1st rounders? You got it. Whatever. Bears could manage trading Kevin White, Mitch Tribusky, Leonard Floyd, Roquan Smith, and some other guy for a legit franchise QB.

After Watson, I'm targeting Carr. I'd offer #20, 2022 2nd, and 2022 4th. I'd also beg them to take Foles.

I'd say Ryan is 3rd, but I'll assume the rumors are true that Atlanta isn't dealing him.

Then it's Wentz. My offer would be Foles, 2021 2nd rounder, and 2022 5th rounder. If they wanted more than that,fuck off.

If Bears strike out on all 3, they're fucked next season. They would have no realistic shot at a SB. Foles and rookie? Yeah, not going to get you far, and the Pace/Nagy collaboration would be over. I just can't see them going that route. They're going to get desperate and overpay. Might as well be for Watson.
You must be a ditka disciple. Can only trade draft picks up into the 2023 draft. Now all the draft picks this year and next, sure If your a dumbass.

Im starting to think there is something to a third team trade, similar to what you see in the nba.

Bears get Watson

Eagles get Foles and a 2nd maybe a Def. Player

Houston gets Wentz, and Ertz and bears 1st this year and next

Something along these lines.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hey, if Pace lands Watson you'll get no argument from me.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

You think Philly is turning down the better of two offers based on what Wentz wants?

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Love it. My only quibble is that I do think Wentz gets traded, sooner rather than later. If they’re truly moving forward with Hurts, which appears to be the case, then Wentz’s trade value will never be higher than it is right now. You can’t risk getting nothing for him, paying an extra $10 mil on the third day of the league year **and** being on the hook for a large cap hit for a backup quarterback in the 2021 season. He gets dealt in the next month .

By the way, if I’m the Eagles, I want a deal done ASAP. If one of your suitors moves focus to another QB because of an inability to reach a deal on Wentz, you’re in major jeopardy of being left without a dance partner when the music stops.

Last edited:

Luke

Liked Posts:
The stage is set for an "Indianapolis price," and a "Bears and stay in the NFC price."

Pace never knows how to play the game or the rules of engagement. If he wants this he is going to have to force the Eagles hand and pay like the desperate man he is.

Roquan and a first and whatever else cash needs to shake hands.

Or Foles and 2 firsts.

Its a fair price, we will regret it if we don't win this, imo, and if we don't "overpay" what Indy offered, than Philly has no reason to involve us, just take the Indy offer. Wentz is ready to go win right now. He has every tool and gets a cold weather boost, and I would bet a sloppy soft field boost, wind boost, etc.

I don't think we could actually overpay here if you acquire a franchise QB.

I'm not sure of the actual cost but I think Wentz might be the best if not only shot of acquiring a top flight QB.
There is precedence of great QB's who have thrown clunkers and then regained their prior form, maybe its worth a shot here. Big Ben's 3rd year and P Mannings 4th year are examples.
As Pegger said, this year was a "perfect storm" in Philly.
Flip was his QB coach for 2 years so hopefully CW can regain his touch in a new environment.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You're underestimating Wentz. Understandable, as you think Stafford is a "winner."

Grape

Liked Posts:
The column says “Wentz is also the player who threw for 33 touchdowns and six interceptions in 2017 before a knee injury derailed his season“.

No, unless he proves he can play like that after the knee injury, we cannot say he is that same player.
He played like that literally the season after his injury.

Grape

Liked Posts:
It’s February and Pace is impatient. He needs to self evaluate desperately. This is his biggest weakness by far.
One thing you have to be impatient with is the QB market. You really think being patient will get a QB to fall right in your lap?