Bears Growing Impatient in Trade talks for Wentz

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I think Pace is offering a 2022 1st.

That way he can dump picks on to the offense with Wentz.
I don't think there is a firm offer yet from any team. That's why we are in day 7 of Wentz watch.

BearTX

Liked Posts:
The Bears don’t need to trade any of the pick, the options all suck! They need to Draft 2 tackles in the first two rounds, OLB in the 3rd, QB in the 4th if comp pick given, 5th OG, 6th SS, 6th FS, 7th OT.
I would rather wait than mortgage more of the future with Pace picking our quarterback again!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The Bears don’t need to trade any of the pick, the options all suck! They need to Draft 2 tackles in the first two rounds, OLB in the 3rd, QB in the 4th if comp pick given, 5th OG, 6th SS, 6th FS, 7th OT.
I would rather wait than mortgage more of the future with Pace picking our quarterback again!
I get where you are coming from but without drafting QBs frequently, we will never find a QB. If Pace doesn’t hit on a QB this off season, what makes you think he or the next GM will in the near future? He should have stuck to his word and drafted a QB every year. If the Bears want to win a Super Bowl they need a legit QB.

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
About what?

2017 wentz was in the mvp consideration before getting hurt.

Goff and MVP have never been in the same sentence.

Wentz's best season was 2017....in 2017 Wentz finished with a QB/passer rating of 101.9 through 13 games. Goff's best season was in 2018...in 2018 Goff finished with a passer rating of 101.1 through 16 games. .8 difference in passer rating between the two, well within the standard deviation for QB/passer rating during the 2017 and 2018 seasons. So your statement that there are "worlds of difference" between Wentz's as an NFL QB and Goff's as an NFL QB is hyperbole.

Also, Goff was voted to the Pro Bowl twice in his career. Wentz has been voted to one pro bowl, the same number as Trubs, lol.

Last edited:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
An Authentic Philly Cheesesteak, to me, is better than italian beef.

Maybe its because I rarely have a killer cheesesteak while I can drive a couple minutes and get portillos.
Authentic Philly cheesesteaks are so disappointing to must people. Almost as bad as Cincinnati Skyline chili

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is both accurate and sad (for me).

I'm wondering if the Eagles treat Wentz the same way the Texans are treating Watson.
  • Watson: I asked for a trade 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from you guys, so I'm going public.
  • Texans: No.
  • Watson: This is ridiculous! I'm going to cause a scene.
  • Texans: Do what you want. Week 1 you'll be under center.
  • Watson: This organization is toxic and doesn't make logical decisions!
  • Texans: If that's the case you really can't force us to do 'the smart thing', right?
  • Watson:
    giphy.gif

I still don’t understand the whole Watson thing. When did he realize the Texans were toxic? Before or after he signed the contract?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Love it. My only quibble is that I do think Wentz gets traded, sooner rather than later. If they’re truly moving forward with Hurts, which appears to be the case, then Wentz’s trade value will never be higher than it is right now. You can’t risk getting nothing for him, paying an extra $10 mil on the third day of the league year **and** being on the hook for a large cap hit for a backup quarterback in the 2021 season. He gets dealt in the next month .

By the way, if I’m the Eagles, I want a deal done ASAP. If one of your suitors moves focus to another QB because of an inability to reach a deal on Wentz, you’re in major jeopardy of being left without a dance partner when the music stops.

This makes a lot of sense, and you could very well be right. I just think before Wentz demanded this trade, the Eagles were hoping to have two upside QBs on the roster, and let it get settled in training camp. Wentz does not seem to want to go that route and doesn't want to compete for his job, so he's whining for a trade after he just played the worst ball of his career. And one of, if not the worst seasons for a starting QB last year. I don't think Wentz is that bad. I'm not sure if he ever gets back to his 2017 season either, but I think there's a happy medium for him. He probably does get traded sooner than later, and it sounds like he wants the Colts. I don't blame him, I'd rather Reich run the show over Nagy too.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goff is bad. Why is nc0gnet0 talking shit about wentz when wentz had a better season than goff ever has had in his career while being surrounded with superior talent?

Wentz at one point was seen as an actual good QB, goff never has been.
Goff has more playoff victories and isn't a locker room cancer.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people mistakenly thought Goff was good for a year when mcvay worked a miracle. Unfortunately there is only so much you can do for a shit sandwich. Goff has been seen as a reason his team doesn't win most of his career, wentz has been viewed the opposite for most of his career. Id rather have the guy in which bad play was an outlier than the guy who good play was an outlier.
goff.jpgwetnz.jpg
Looks pretty dam close to me, with a major case of suck ass last year for Wentz.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I get where you are coming from but without drafting QBs frequently, we will never find a QB. If Pace doesn’t hit on a QB this off season, what makes you think he or the next GM will in the near future? He should have stuck to his word and drafted a QB every year. If the Bears want to win a Super Bowl they need a legit QB.

Pace apparently made that statement in 2015. for context, the trade up for Trubisky required trading the 2017 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks in addition to the 2018 3rd round pick to move up 1 spot in the draft to get what many argue to be the biggest quarterback draft bust in recorded history (he wasn't, but was definitely not worth all that).

then the Mack trade consisted of a lot more picks that depending on the source changes, so I'm not citing it, but my point is the team had a multitude of other needs beyond quarterback and a lot of draft selections were given up for just 2 players. in addition to giving Mack a significant amount of money making him the highest paid defender in league history. that's like 8-9 draft picks I estimate tied up in acquiring 2 players. this is also a large issue for the momentous shift from the team being organized with the books to becoming completely reckless with deals giving up younger players and signing older ones to new contracts, simultaneously making the team among the oldest in the league and in salary cap trouble.

the reality of the situation is there was no room for quarterbacks in the draft. another reality is the batshit trade scenarios that have been pitched to acquire some other team's quarterback. 2 players messed up years of drafts for the Bears, you want that to be a prolonged problem for 3 more years? really?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Pace apparently made that statement in 2015. for context, the trade up for Trubisky required trading the 2017 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks in addition to the 2018 3rd round pick to move up 1 spot in the draft to get what many argue to be the biggest quarterback draft bust in recorded history (he wasn't, but was definitely not worth all that).

then the Mack trade consisted of a lot more picks that depending on the source changes, so I'm not citing it, but my point is the team had a multitude of other needs beyond quarterback and a lot of draft selections were given up for just 2 players. in addition to giving Mack a significant amount of money making him the highest paid defender in league history. that's like 8-9 draft picks I estimate tied up in acquiring 2 players. this is also a large issue for the momentous shift from the team being organized with the books to becoming completely reckless with deals giving up younger players and signing older ones to new contracts, simultaneously making the team among the oldest in the league and in salary cap trouble.

the reality of the situation is there was no room for quarterbacks in the draft. another reality is the batshit trade scenarios that have been pitched to acquire some other team's quarterback. 2 players messed up years of drafts for the Bears, you want that to be a prolonged problem for 3 more years? really?
Yes, I wanted Pace to draft a QB every year. You don’t have to give up draft capital to pick a QB. You can pick one at the current draft position. It’s a league that’s built around good QB, so you can’t get much done as a team until you get that position right m.

BearTX

Liked Posts:
I say play it out with foles and draft a developmental quarterback this year. We are can win with defense and running the ball! If that fails we can start a new with our new GM and coach picking a player that want to lead the team. I don’t want Pace spending any picks on a hope. If we don’t go for Watson stand pat! The best plan is Fix the oline and run the ball. Plus our defense will be improved with the return of Eddie Goldman and blitzing more instead of playing base.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I wanted Pace to draft a QB every year. You don’t have to give up draft capital to pick a QB. You can pick one at the current draft position. It’s a league that’s built around good QB, so you can’t get much done as a team until you get that position right m.
Yep and you dont need a top 10 pick to find a QB. Half the playoff QB this year were not.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Authentic Philly cheesesteaks are so disappointing to must people. Almost as bad as Cincinnati Skyline chili
I don't know why Skyline Chili is so often maligned. There's something about fake cheese, particularly when its slopped over a bunch of junk food and carbs. I do know the crucial ingredient in an authentic cheesesteak, this is from a friend of mine who is deeply proud of being a Philadelphian, is that the cheese must be the unnaturally yellow fake shit. I love it, shit is delicious.