Bears have a scheduled interview with Matt Nagy next week

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I'd like to think the Bears job is 30x more attractive than the Cardinals job. That roster got old as fuck overnight and they have made zero attempts to find a legit successor to Palmer who is done.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It is good to see that at least they haven't started scouring the CFL or the morgue for their next coach.

Mitchapalooza

It is good to see that at least they haven't started scouring the CFL or the morgue for their next coach.

Hoping that David Shaw rumor comes to fruition. Pace mentioned he wouldn't rule out college coaches.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Absolutely ecstatic over the guys that have been reached out to so far.... Aside from the guys that were obviously not going to leave including shaw/harbaugh this is 100% the guys I was hoping for.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The names we are hearing to be interviewed seem in the right direction so far no trestman type garbage so far

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good. I like the thought of Nagy.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been waiting for this news since the 2nd pack game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Out of the "young, innovative, offensive guys," Nagy is my favorite by far.

But he's still only called plays for a few games. The results have been good but who's not to say he gets exposed during a full season? Lets see how he handles the playoffs.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Hoping that David Shaw rumor comes to fruition. Pace mentioned he wouldn't rule out college coaches.

I'm not a big fan of Shaw for the Bears. He's a run first, defense minded coach. If that's what you want, he's your man. Probably moot because he seems set at Stanford.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Apparently everyone loves David Shaw, and thinks it will be impossible to pry him away from Stanford.

I am not sure, I do not watch a ton of college FB so I do not have an opinion on him.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big fan of Shaw for the Bears. He's a run first, defense minded coach. If that's what you want, he's your man. Probably moot because he seems set at Stanford.

Not sure why you would think that, his entire pedigree when he was an NFL assistant was on the offensive side of the ball.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
I'd like to think the Bears job is 30x more attractive than the Cardinals job. That roster got old as fuck overnight and they have made zero attempts to find a legit successor to Palmer who is done.

Literally, he just announced his retirement.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, you know Pace is going to take his time and show he is doing the best interviewing he can, but you also need to allow the coach an opportunity to pick his staff.

I am really concerned for the defensive side of the ball and thinking of a scheme change again.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Its amazing if the Raiders are still considering John Gruden if he wants a piece of ownership in the team.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't knock if Nagy is the guy but let me play devil's advocate here since he seems to be an overwhelming favorite.

I think Nagy's inexperience around the league having only played under one head coach and two teams could hurt his ability to put together a great staff. It's why I have Flip over Nagy. Flip has connections with guys like Mike Pettine, Greg Olson, Greg Knapp and his QB coach in Cleveland Kevin O'Connell has been getting some love for coordinator spots on college.

Nagy is going to have a tougher time I think

napo55

Liked Posts:
Not sure why you would think that, his entire pedigree when he was an NFL assistant was on the offensive side of the ball.

Based on watching Stanford games over the last few years. Things could change if he went back to the pros, but after Fox, do we want to take the chance?