Bears have a scheduled interview with Matt Nagy next week

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chiefs play a wild card game this weekend. You can't officially schedule interviews as far as I am aware until a coach is eliminated from the playoffs or their team is on a bye. Or if the Chiefs approve it after a win this weekend.

So the only guys the Bears can schedule or interview at this time would be coaches from the Steelers, Pats, Eagles, and Vikings since those teams have byes.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
well, you know Pace is going to take his time and show he is doing the best interviewing he can, but you also need to allow the coach an opportunity to pick his staff.

I am really concerned for the defensive side of the ball and thinking of a scheme change again.

I've been wondering about this too and if it will make any difference in who Pace decides to go with. Maybe the guy who plans on bringing in a DC who runs a 3-4 would get a slight upper hand given that our defense has been built around it. I understand the defense is only in base alignment a fraction of the time but it still makes a difference especially with the type of players drafted. That being said...I actually kind of wish we were still a 4-3 but I'm not sure how well our current roster would fit or how much it would take to make the switch. I just want the best HC regardless of what scheme his DC will run.

D.Hester23

Liked Posts:
I still haven't seen any other reporters post this besides Aaron Lemming of BearReport. I'm wondering if NFL Live had a typo in their graphic. Defilipo is also 39 and also interviewing with the Bears and Cardinals.

I could be wrong though. I would love Nagy so I'm trying not to get excited until I know for sure the interview is lined up lol

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still haven't seen any other reporters post this besides Aaron Lemming of BearReport. I'm wondering if NFL Live had a typo in their graphic. Defilipo is also 39 and also interviewing with the Bears and Cardinals.

I could be wrong though. I would love Nagy so I'm trying not to get excited until I know for sure the interview is lined up lol

It might be accurate because they can interview Deflip this week whereas they must wait until next week to interview Nagy.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It might be accurate because they can interview Deflip this week whereas they must wait until next week to interview Nagy.

D.Hester23

Liked Posts:

Okay now it's official and all over the news, so I am happy to say I was wrong

Go Nagy or DeFilipo!!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't knock if Nagy is the guy but let me play devil's advocate here since he seems to be an overwhelming favorite.

I think Nagy's inexperience around the league having only played under one head coach and two teams could hurt his ability to put together a great staff. It's why I have Flip over Nagy. Flip has connections with guys like Mike Pettine, Greg Olson, Greg Knapp and his QB coach in Cleveland Kevin O'Connell has been getting some love for coordinator spots on college.

Nagy is going to have a tougher time I think

Very fair point.

He is my #1 guy for the same reason. Andy Ried has always kept him around, has called him the best coaching candidate he has ever had, and for the first time turned play calling over to him.

I would be really happy if Nagy could convince the defensive guys to stay

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Very fair point.

He is my #1 guy for the same reason. Andy Ried has always kept him around, has called him the best coaching candidate he has ever had, and for the first time turned play calling over to him.

I would be really happy if Nagy could convince the defensive guys to stay

Nagy and Fangio/Donatell? I am down.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Chiefs play a wild card game this weekend. You can't officially schedule interviews as far as I am aware until a coach is eliminated from the playoffs or their team is on a bye. Or if the Chiefs approve it after a win this weekend.

So the only guys the Bears can schedule or interview at this time would be coaches from the Steelers, Pats, Eagles, and Vikings since those teams have byes.

You can schedule it. Just can’t talk to the guy. That’s why they’re not talking to Nagy until next week (week after the game for Wild Card teams)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Chiefs win he can only interview on Tuesday as I understand it.

Might have to fight the Colts for the first sit down.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If the Chiefs win he can only interview on Tuesday as I understand it.

Might have to fight the Colts for the first sit down.

Ballard - Nagy Interview

Matt: Will Luck be ready for the off-season program?

Chris: We don’t know.

Matt: Training camp?

Chris: Not sure...

Matt: What time is the car taking me to the airport?

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Nagy and Fangio/Donatell? I am down.

I’d be interested in seeing Donatello give DC a shot if Fangio is gone. By far the most improved part of this team is the secondary.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Ballard - Nagy Interview.

Matt: Will Luck be ready for the off-season program?

Chris: We don’t know.

Matt: Training camp?

Chris: Not sure...

Matt: What time is the car taking me to the airport?

Why the Bears and Lions are the most attractive job openings.