Bears have faked injuries

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/22345646-419/brian-urlacher-says-bears-have-faked-injuries.html

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Faking injuries was part of the Bears’ gameplan to slow fast-paced offenses in recent years, former linebacker Brian Urlacher said Tuesday.

Urlacher, who rejected a one-year, $2 million offer from the Bears this offseason and retired, made the assertion in his new role as a Fox Sports 1 analyst.

“We had a guy who was the designated dive guy,” he said.

Urlacher said a Bears coach would simulate a swimmers’ diving motion with his arms from the sideline and the player “would get hurt.”

He said it was beneficial on long drives or early in the season when defenders were more easily gassed.

He said he wouldn’t name the coach who pantomimed in the order.

Curiously, he also said the Bears weren’t coached to fake injuries, per se.

“It wasn't coached,” he said, “but it was part of our game plan.”

His comments came during a conversation on “Fox Football Daily” about teams faking injuries to slow high-tempo attacks. California fans were upset with Northwestern players for falling to the ground Saturday, though Wildcats coach Pat Fitzgerald denied his players were acting.
I didn't see Brian mention the "Bears" anywhere. They were talking about the college game as well. Should we just automatically assume he was talking about the Bears?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Interestingly enough, they were talking about this on Mike and Mike this morning. What was interesting is Greenberg's remark that the league is looking into ways to penalize teams for doing this vs. the no huddle offense. I had no clue that the league was "looking into ways" to prevent fake injuries.
What I find interesting is, if this is a problem in the NFL moving forward, I'd think the NFL would be all over that with all the law suits against the NFL for, well, injuries.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interestingly enough, they were talking about this on Mike and Mike this morning. What was interesting is Greenberg's remark that the league is looking into ways to penalize teams for doing this vs. the no huddle offense. I had no clue that the league was "looking into ways" to prevent fake injuries.

Yea.....even still its a problem with no solution. What are you going to do? Assume its a fake injury and risk further injury when its not fake? Go back to the days of telling guys quit being pussies and stand back up? Concussion? "Rub some dirt in it son and pick up your panties." :lmao:

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:

How would that work? W/ anything but the head I suppose I could see some sort of NFL assigned game doctor evaluating the injury. But w/ the NFL going big time into protecting from head injuries all one would have to do is fall, simulate banging one's head on the turf and I don't see how the NFL could do anything to stop it.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;0XRbM1WbgRg]http://youtu.be/0XRbM1WbgRg[/video]

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Everyone does this at the college and pro level...

Guys bend down... take a knee... Lay on there back... hold a hamstring... put there hands on there head...

The only rule I can think of to prevent players from doing this is... You can't come back on the field until the drive is over...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Wonder who was the designated guy on the Bears

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I didn't see Brian mention the "Bears" anywhere. They were talking about the college game as well. Should we just automatically assume he was talking about the Bears?

Holy shit.

HawaiiBearsFan

Liked Posts:
This is a non-story. Every team does it. Some do it better then others. There was a case a couple years ago when a Steeler receiver took a dive about a minute after the play was over. Funniest thing I'd seen in a while. Part of the game and not some big conspiracy secret being revealed

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It should be punished severely. It's not "part of the game", that excuses it. Punish all flopping and diving, it's an embarrassment.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/22345646-419/brian-urlacher-says-bears-have-faked-injuries.html

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Faking injuries was part of the Bears’ gameplan to slow fast-paced offenses in recent years, former linebacker Brian Urlacher said Tuesday.

Urlacher, who rejected a one-year, $2 million offer from the Bears this offseason and retired, made the assertion in his new role as a Fox Sports 1 analyst.

“We had a guy who was the designated dive guy,” he said.

Urlacher said a Bears coach would simulate a swimmers’ diving motion with his arms from the sideline and the player “would get hurt.”

He said it was beneficial on long drives or early in the season when defenders were more easily gassed.

He said he wouldn’t name the coach who pantomimed in the order.

Curiously, he also said the Bears weren’t coached to fake injuries, per se.

“It wasn't coached,” he said, “but it was part of our game plan.”

His comments came during a conversation on “Fox Football Daily” about teams faking injuries to slow high-tempo attacks. California fans were upset with Northwestern players for falling to the ground Saturday, though Wildcats coach Pat Fitzgerald denied his players were acting.

see the bolded

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
watch the actual video, he didn't mention a "Bears" coach. The dumbass who wrote the article put that in there.

At the 58 second mark the interviewer says "we tried to look at that in the NFL to see if we can find a team that actually coached it..." and Urlacher's response that it wasn't coached but was a part of the game. I don't know of any other NFL team he has played for, do you?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
LOL at "preventing fake injuries". If the're fake, they don't exist. How do you prevent something that does not exist....?

Mind Blown

Mitchapalooza

At the 58 second mark the interviewer says "we tried to look at that in the NFL to see if we can find a team that actually coached it..." and Urlacher's response that it wasn't coached but was a part of the game. I don't know of any other NFL team he has played for, do you?

before that he said he wouldn't mention the coach and they were on a college football topic. I'm just saying he never officially mentioned the Bears. Even though it was probably them he was talking about.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you tell someone who gets a stinger or a cramp that their real or fake? That's part of the problem, bruises don't show up right away or sometimes there deep, sometime the issue is bone or wind gets knocked out of you... There are too many injury's that fall into this category that even a Dr can't tell.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
It might be easier just to limit these absurd hurry up offenses that try to play 11 on 9 because the other team doesn't have time to substitute. Give both teams a chance to get their players on the field and this is no longer an issue.