legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660570/article/nfl-roster-reconstruction-awards

Happiest Defensive Coaches: John Fox, Vic Fangio, Chicago Bears

General manager Ryan Pace has done a commendable job of refashioning the roster to suit Fangio's 3-4 scheme after years in the 4-3 alignment under ex-coach Lovie Smith and former defensive coordinator Mel Tucker. The revamped front seven started last year, with the successful signing of disruptive edge rusher Pernell McPhee and the drafting of nose tackle Eddie Goldman. Pace then addressed inside linebacker in free agency, landing major upgrades in Danny Trevathan and Jerrell Freeman. The overhaul was complete when the Bears traded up for outside linebacker Leonard Floyd, and drafted defensive end Jonathan Bullard and inside linebacker Nick Kwiatkoski in the third and fourth rounds, respectively.

Fangio got the most out of the limited talent at his disposal last season. Now his front seven can compete with any in the division.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
fangio is happy because he will eventually become head coach

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah, he's over it.

Sent from my Nexus 10

Washington

Liked Posts:
The article forgot Hicks as well as 3 draft picks in the secondary to hopefully provide improved depth.

Washington

Liked Posts:

That is the one scary one. An improved D again this year will put Fangio in contention again. He's the one coach IMO we can't afford to lose. I'd take Fangio as our HC over Fox versus losing Fangio. He had absolutely nothing to work with last year and still produced far better performance than I deemed imaginable.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

I'm not saying it won't happen but the guy has been a quality defensive coordinator for a long, long time. He consistently had elite defenses in San Fran and has barely got a sniff as a head coach. Not sure why he would suddenly be a head coaching candidate at the age of 58.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Great point. It's true, he made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Fangio is an amazing defensive coordinator and a coach that we cannot afford to lose.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don't think he becomes a Head Coach. His best chance was last year and it didn't happen in fact did he even interview anywhere besides San Francisco? I think he can be a long term option much like Green Bay has.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
It's crazy that just a couple years ago this defense was setting records for the wrong reasons under Tucker.

These guys really turned it around quick if everyone stays healthy.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Happy happy joy joy

Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy-ren-and-stimpy-30567735-593-289.jpg

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Dick Lebeau didn't become HC until he was 62, Fangio is 57. It could happen, I remember him being irked about the 49ers picking dumbass Tomsula over him last year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People need to remember that there is a distinct possibility Fangio replaces Fox. Its not like Fox is going to be here forever nor wants to be head coaching forever.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Dick Lebeau didn't become HC until he was 62, Fangio is 57. It could happen, I remember him being irked about the 49ers picking dumbass Tomsula over him last year.

It's possible, I mean if Marc trestman could get a head coaching gig after being out of the NFL for seven years any things possible. But Fangio has been a defensive coordinater for most of the last 20 years. I would guess if he was going to be a head coach it would have happened by now, specifically during his run with the niners.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's possible, I mean if Marc trestman could get a head coaching gig after being out of the NFL for seven years any things possible. But Fangio has been a defensive coordinater for most of the last 20 years. I would guess if he was going to be a head coach it would have happened by now, specifically during his run with the niners.

I've always thought Fangio just didn't want to be head coach. A dude who liked staying out of the spot light and just really enjoyed coaching D.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because ermahgerd Gase left.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fangio is going to become our Dick Lebeau. He will stay on as our defensive coordinator when Jim Harbaugh becomes our next head coach. Either when Fox retires or gets canned.

#calleditbitches

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Lol, this is the first time I've seen a ranking for happiest coaching staff. But at least we're first in something, I guess.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 using Tapatalk