Bears head coaching job will be coveted.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If you were a promising NFL assistant that was getting offers from multiple teams, would you pick A: a team with an ownership and management that was well run and looking for a SB win or B: the Bears with an accountant running a shitshow owned by a 90+ year old woman who won't even allow cheerleaders and want all "her" players to be boy scouts that never misbehave, and all her many interfering obnoxious children?

If a coaching candidate considers cheerleaders a factor, I hope he lands rlsewhere. That may be the most nonsensical thing I have ever read.

Liked Posts:
I would covet the job too. Apparently you can come to Chicago as the HC for millions of dollars & not even get fired for doing a half ass job because it's still "in season". Who wouldn't want to coach a team for a millions of dollars free of consequence for 2 to 3 seasons?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
If a coaching candidate considers cheerleaders a factor, I hope he lands rlsewhere. That may be the most nonsensical thing I have ever read.

And you conveniently overlooked the point of the post. Well done.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think it's interesting that most here want fox gone, but on the bears unofficial Reddit (probably bigger than this place) the tone is completely the opposite.

Personally, I want him gone because of Trubisky. Fox is a product of his coordinators, and while he has a history of getting very good coordinators, I have to feel with Loggains that his luck may have run out. PLUS, if he is retained, he is still most likely a 1 year coach whether or not he gets a one year extension, so even if he were to fire Loggains, it seems unlikely that he is able to make a phone call and get the next young top O coordinator.

On the other hand, you have an opportunity here with a good young defense, and a developmental quarterback. Plus you can assume that help in terms of weapons will be coming. I think this offseason should be the time to act. Fire fox, and get someone that has an established track record of offensive success, and/or quarterback development.

Don't squander another year of Trubisky. I'm comfortable saying that another year of Fox will do just that. When Pace drafted a Quarterback, he got a lot of equity with me. When looking at the Y1-Y2 jumps of last year's draft class, I have to be confident that Pace isn't tone deaf enough to keep a coach that is unlikely to allow a young QB to realize his potential.
They want Fox gone too. The only difference is they are more patient with Pace, where the idiots here want people fired every year until we win. Maybe this board should cheer on the Browns then?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Not sure this will be a coveted job now. This team is so bad that anyone taking the job will be in a very difficult position. Ryan Pace is also looking very very questionable at this point as well.
Not really. I see talent on the team. Pace's job. What I do see is that talent is not being developed or poorly coached.

One more draft like the last 2 and better coaching, and watch this team go from 3-13, 4-12 This year to 9-7, 10-6 next year.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Pace needs his coach. He's going to get him, but, he's being watched closely by all of us too. He not only needs to clean house with the coaching staff, this training staff needs to be shown the door too. And he needs to find players that can stay on the goddamned field and WANT to stay on the field.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Honestly, fuck all of you that want Fox back. He's incompetent at best.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wait a minute......there's actually people on here that want Fox back next year?? No fucking way

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would offer David Shaw 7 million a season and he can decide whether he wants to keep Pace as GM.

You's offer a college coach $7 mil per?? So $7 mil for Shaw and the franchise tag for K.Fuller....Hmmmmmmm

I like Shaw but has he ever had any kind of coaching gig in the NFL before??

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Wait a minute......there's actually people on here that want Fox back next year?? No fucking way
There were people talking what he could do to save his job a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Bears job will not be coveted unless the Bears throw out a 49ers type HC job deal: lots of money and a longer contract.

This roster is in shambles with few building blocks and honestly, there hasn’t been enough opportunities for Trubisky this season to warrant optimism about his future (for better or worse).

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The Bears job will not be coveted unless the Bears throw out a 49ers type HC job deal: lots of money and a longer contract.

This roster is in shambles with few building blocks and honestly, there hasn’t been enough opportunities for Trubisky this season to warrant optimism about his future (for better or worse).

The Rams job was coveted last year even with a shitty O and Goff playing like a dirt sandwich. The D was pretty solid. But they had 0 playmakers on O, outside of Gurley.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Rams job was coveted last year even with a shitty O and Goff playing like a dirt sandwich. The D was pretty solid. But they had 0 playmakers on O, outside of Gurley.
The defense is/was stacked actually. Better than solid.

And I do t know about coveted, it didn’t appear that way to me. And I wouldn’t say they landed a big name either. But they did find what appears to be a great young HC. The Bears have proven inept at identifying young innovative HCs.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
They want Fox gone too. The only difference is they are more patient with Pace, where the idiots here want people fired every year until we win. Maybe this board should cheer on the Browns then?

This was from a couple of weeks ago. The seat just continues to get hotter for Fox and both places now appear to be fully on board with that point.

On Pace. I'm not trying to argue for Pace to get fired, but I think you have to hold in your mind that his first year was awful. The rebuild IS behind schedule. Too early IMO to fire a GM, and I think subsequent years have generally been better, but he needs a couple of superstars quick, or patience will justifiably run out. They may even already be on the roster, who knows, but they need to show up.

To recap Pace:
Y1 - Hiring Fox - Failed
- FA - Failed
- Draft - Failed

Y2
Draft - good
FA - good

Y3
Draft - Inc
FA - failed.

Probably gets more time, but I understand why people aren't happy with him to date.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are some head coaches going to look at a GM with 36-37 loses on his resume and worry that the GM that hires them may get fired sooner rather than later?

I think that if you have option as a coaching candidate that it would factor in.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Are some head coaches going to look at a GM with 36-37 loses on his resume and worry that the GM that hires them may get fired sooner rather than later?

I think that if you have option as a coaching candidate that it would factor in.

If I was an incoming coach I.T would make me want a bigger role in gm duties. I hate that with hc to make things enticing if pace is kept might have no choice. Plus if the coach is offered a five year deal you know you have at least three years of security.

Either way I think pace needs to go just as much as fox. After three years there isn’t much positive to go on

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:

I think how they like the talent on the roster to be a stronger indignation of that. How many new coaches walk into a team with a good record over a few years?

FYI to the OP - the rams roster last year was much better than the bears. They had out drafted the bears since emery took over.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think how they like the talent on the roster to be a stronger indignation of that. How many new coaches walk into a team with a good record over a few years?

FYI to the OP - the rams roster last year was much better than the bears. They had out drafted the bears since emery took over.

It isn't the record, it is who that record is saddled on.

A brand new GM has 0 loses on his resume and a ton of job security, Chris Ballard will have 13, but will have a ton of job security, Ryan Pace will have 36 or 37 loses on his resume.

If the Bears struggle in 2018 will Pace be fired? If your answer is yes than obviously coaching candidates could be 1 and done here.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The defense is/was stacked actually. Better than solid.

And I do t know about coveted, it didn’t appear that way to me. And I wouldn’t say they landed a big name either. But they did find what appears to be a great young HC. The Bears have proven inept at identifying young innovative HCs.

A young high 1st round QB pretty much guarantees a coveted HC job. Maybe I was the only one here that though that drafting Trubisky was Fox's "on notice" message. Much like Fisher was last year.

Their D is much better than the Bears at this point. Rams also have Wade Phillips as the DC this year. I found this tidbit a tad interesting. Would be nice if the Bears could follow this model (here's to hoping anyway).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-draft-defense-20170425-story.html

EDIT: It's crazy to see how close the Rams and Bears were statistically on D in 2016.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/opp.htm

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this point I'd support Pace and Fox being fired. If I had to choose only one to let go then it would be Fox.