Bears Injury Report Jets game

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chicago Tribune says Shea has a fractured hand. If thats the case, he'll be out a lot longer than 1 week

They usually make you sit out a week do the bone sets properly and then thy club it as it heals and fuses.

Right now they need to keep it as still as possible so it heals correctly.

McClellon was playing okay with 2 hands, there is no need to rush him out there with a club.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ratliff is a big loss. He was a BEAST against the 49'ers. I hope we get him back next week. I expect to see a lot of Lamar Houston at DT on Monday.

McC kind of a blow too, after last week.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this game is gon be a dirty slugfest.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The difference is we actually have some depth.

Tillman

Last Year: Bowman
This Year: Fuller

Melton/Ratliff

Last Year: Cohen
This Year: Ferguson/Sutton

Slauson/Garza

Last Year: Boggs, Brown
This Year: Ola, BDLP

yeah we have SOME depth but at the same time, I dont want to test it. I'm sure we'd all prefer not to test it.

the fact is that we've already suffered a lot of long term/devastating injuries. I dont care how well Fuller plays, losing Tillman is still a deep loss in more ways than one. Same goes for Marquees, Slauson and now Ratliff.

Ego/Sutton filled in ok for Ratliff last week but I cant say they made the same impact.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
yeah we have SOME depth but at the same time, I dont want to test it. I'm sure we'd all prefer not to test it.

the fact is that we've already suffered a lot of long term/devastating injuries. I dont care how well Fuller plays, losing Tillman is still a deep loss in more ways than one. Same goes for Marquees, Slauson and now Ratliff.

Ego/Sutton filled in ok for Ratliff last week but I cant say they made the same impact.

2 players is a lot?

Edit: one of which who has yet to prove he is a productive starter.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
i mean it could always be worse but yeah I think we've seen a lot of injuries for it only being week 3.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
i mean it could always be worse but yeah I think we've seen a lot of injuries for it only being week 3.

I wasn't addressing injuries in general. I was addressing your comment about "a lot of long term/devastating injuries".

Little nagging injuries happen every year to every team. And most of these injuries have only sat our players for a week, if at all.

I'd love to not have these players out at all, but this is the nature of the game. If the Bears want to make it anywhere, there are going to have to learn to survive while a player or two sits out a game or two.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
but there's at least 5 players out right now that arent out for "just a game or two"

Marquees, Tillman, Slauson, Garza, and Shea (probably?) are all out long term

if it was just minor injuries i wouldnt worry as much but a lot of these are more major

Newblood

Liked Posts:
but there's at least 5 players out right now that arent out for "just a game or two"

Marquees, Tillman, Slauson, Garza, and Shea (probably?) are all out long term

if it was just minor injuries i wouldnt worry as much but a lot of these are more major

I haven't seen a time frame for Garza nor Slauson, who will only have missed 2 1/2 games after Monday. And like I and someone else mentioned, Shea could potentially play after this Monday

Edit: besides, Garza's replacement may be an upgrade, if not at least a lateral move and Slauson's replacement has at least been serviceable. And prior to the 49er game, most people here would have been perfectly fine losing Shea.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
it just sounds like you're rationalizing to me

why do people think shea will be back so soon? I didn't realize fractures healed so quickly

Newblood

Liked Posts:
it just sounds like you're rationalizing to me

why do people think shea will be back so soon? I didn't realize fractures healed so quickly

You can play with a broken hand. You see it all the time. But obviously it would affect his ability to grab

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
What's the heal time on an injury like Shea has? Years ago you always saw defensive and offensive lineman playing with casts!!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wait, some pigfucking Special person poster disliked me for suggesting Shea wrap that hand up and play. dudes play with clubs all the time.

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
I don't think the generally do so soon after the injury. Probably want to give a bone a little time to set first if possible.

slicker sam

Liked Posts:
Jeffery & Marshall playing!!!

As in the previous matchup, the Chicago Bears are keen on the status of star receivers Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. Both were questionable for Monday Night Football against the New York Jets. Well the news came in much earlier this time and it should alleviate any stress. Marshall and Jeffery, barring a setback, are expected to play in the game. Neither suffered any ill effects last week in San Francisco and were cautious during practice. Marshall has an ankle problem while Jeffery is nursing a hamstring.

ESPN Chicago analyst Michael C. Wright dropped the news in his latest update.

“The club held out all five players for Saturday’s workout. Receivers Brandon Marshall (ankle) and Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) participated in a limited capacity, and are officially listed as questionable. Both are expected to play against the Jets.”

It’s very important because the Chicago Bears roster is dealing with their share of tough losses at the moment. Guard Matt Slauson and center Roberto Garza are still out with high ankle sprains. Defensive starters Jeremiah Ratliff (concussion) and Shea McClellin (hand) are out as well. The same goes for key reserve corner Sherrick McManis.

Having Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery will be key to their success in a pivotal road game, especially since the Jets secondary is dealing with injuries of their own. Top corner Dee Milliner is doubtful for the contest.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Did i say that you did say he was??

Well you quoted me when you made that statement.

Or do you just quote random people when you are trying to make a point?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see our offense take big time advantage of Ryan's pressure stuff. We have an excellent offensive line with Ola being the one weakness. I expect them to attack him and try and blow up the running game. But expect a lot of Bennett and the slot receiver action to compensate.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
so what's our LB situation looking like? Is it Bostic/DJ/Briggs?