Bears letting o-line play itself out

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whitehair looked like a stud at center his rookie year. Then they started moving him around and he regressed and took him some time to return to form when he moved back.

Whitehair looked pretty mediocre at guard. If they move him back, they are probably creating more holes than they are filling. If they just leave the kid alone at center and let him develop, there is a strong chance he will be a really good player. imo, you leave him there unless Daniels looks like shit at guard.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He had a bad right elbow last year. He still knew how to play the position but was hampered and that included snapping.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Bears website has Daniels listed at 295lbs. Combine had him at 306lbs. Still kinda light for the NFL and he only did 21 reps at the combine. I'm ok with Kush at LG till he learns the playbook, terminology, and recognizing NFL defenses while he beefs up.

The combine number is based on actual measurements with scouts present. The Bears number is probably an old number taken from the Iowa roster. Always rely on the combine numbers.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grasu is gone, finally. Between Whitehair, Daniels, Kush, and Long, somebody is starting at center and somebody is starting on the bench. I doubt Pace is feeling all that attached to Long at this point so it's at least possible he starts or finishes the year buried on the depth chart . I agree Whitehair flashed at center early and am not ready to move on from that project yet.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well his arms are 33 3/4" so i think the equation is add one rep for every 1/4" over 32" so actually he did 28 reps. throw in the +5 bonus reps for being #2 in the 3 cone drill and he is entering elite status.

Is that like dog years?

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Is the parade route planned? Why just 14 wins on the high side?

'Cause no matter how good they are they aren't gonna run the table and odds are they at least lose a couple. Quite frankly they more than likely are not going to be that good. But if everything is clicking that's the most positive outcome is they win nearly every game. Odds are they will win somewhere between 9 and 14 as long as they stay relatively healthy and show up big time on offense. Really don't see why not. They've got the offensive minds and skill players to make it happen. The defense is still intact and going to be better. And based on the topic of this thread the offensive line is going to be a big strength of this team regardless who ends up starting, as well. They've got playmakers throughout this team and yeah I'll drink this kool-aid and I promise you that kool-aid taste real damn good.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Hiestand talks like the offensive version of Fangio. He said that out of all of his OLineman, Kush is the one he would want with him in a street fight.

That’s a nice way of saying if they were in the shower together he’d give him a handy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We drafted him to play guard.

Really? Here's what Pace said on the day he was drafted. Ryan Pace spoke with the media late Friday night and said Whitehair could play center. This while Grasu and Slauson were on the roster and healthy. http://bearsbarroom.com/bears-draft-day-two-2-29112/

He wasn't a G in college. How is that his 'natural' position? In fact, Whitehair thinks C is where he should play.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn. Wish all of our positions had this issue...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grasu is gone, finally. Between Whitehair, Daniels, Kush, and Long, somebody is starting at center and somebody is starting on the bench. I doubt Pace is feeling all that attached to Long at this point so it's at least possible he starts or finishes the year buried on the depth chart . I agree Whitehair flashed at center early and am not ready to move on from that project yet.

If Kyle Long is healthy there is no way he's buried on the depth chart.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Really? Here's what Pace said on the day he was drafted. Ryan Pace spoke with the media late Friday night and said Whitehair could play center. This while Grasu and Slauson were on the roster and healthy. http://bearsbarroom.com/bears-draft-day-two-2-29112/

He wasn't a G in college. How is that his 'natural' position? In fact, Whitehair thinks C is where he should play.

We cut Slauson and drafted Whitehair to replace him at LG.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually, the Bears drafted Whitehair and then cut Slauson. Don't let things like facts get into your way, Mactator.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Kyle Long is healthy there is no way he's buried on the depth chart.

Have no idea why so many people have given up on Long. I feel like he is probably healthier than he has been for some time :shrug:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Slauson was cut after. Slauson also plays center and did so for the entire year after the Bear. I think that he's played more center in the last 5 years than G.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
In related news, the Bears are also letting the failed Ryan "Snails" Pace era play itself out as well . . .

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Actually, the Bears drafted Whitehair and then cut Slauson. Don't let things like facts get into your way, Mactator.

Hey LameAss, how you been?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Slauson was cut after. Slauson also plays center and did so for the entire year after the Bear. I think that he's played more center in the last 5 years than G.

So we drafted Whitehair to take Slauson's spot at LG and then cut Slauson. Sounds about right to make sure we had his replacement before we cut him and Slauson can play center but was our starting LG.