Bears linked to Trent Williams

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Ifedi is back on a one year deal according to Josina Anderson. Who needs williams

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They were never in on this guy it’s a load of bs to try to sell to fans that they give a shit. They have no cap space, no qb to protect, no chance.

gee gollygarsh guys we tried here’s Andy dalton and probably release hicks to pay for him. Not to mention I’m to dumb to care about the 5th rounder this costs as well.
I don't think they think getting the fan base excited about a player only to not sign him will get them any points.

I doubt that Pace is sitting around thinking he appeased the fan base by teasing Wilson before getting Dalton.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Trent Williams doesn't give a shit who the quarterback is, he wants money. What happened was the Bears committed $10,000,000 to Andy Dalton and now can't compete for actual impact free agents because there's no money left over. This is going to start to unravel here when Bears fans realize all you're getting in terms of roster improvements is another backup quarterback.
I have no doubt the bears can clear the cap space to make him a possibility, but don't think they are willing to. At this point their best bet would be signing him, drafting a RT. Getting a dynamic receiver rd 2 like Moore from purdue and seeing what happens, but im pretty sure pace is just going to continue shitting his pants

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don't think they think getting the fan base excited about a player only to not sign him will get them any points.

I doubt that Pace is sitting around thinking he appeased the fan base by teasing Wilson before getting Dalton.

sometimes the best move is no move. Wish pace would learn that simple lesson. He is the worst gm we have ever had, yes worse than emery and his lesbian coach.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have no doubt the bears can clear the cap space to make him a possibility, but don't think they are willing to. At this point their best bet would be signing him, drafting a RT. Getting a dynamic receiver rd 2 like Moore from purdue and seeing what happens, but im pretty sure pace is just going to continue shitting his pants
There were two options the Bears realistically had to improving offensively. Pushing all their chips into a big quarterback trade was one, it wasn't possible. So it goes.

The other was big upgrades at both tackle positions. What we are going to get is our third year of shitty Charles Leno Jr. sucking ass and the same guy who played all right for them last year. It is truly inexplicable that Leno Jr. continues to be the worst player in the league at his position yet keeps on coming into camp without even competition at starter. I generally defend Ryan Pace but his total neglect of offensive tackle is very aggravating.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
They aren’t really in on these guys. They use the media to create an illusion.
Most of the time They (the Bears) are really in on these guys. They (the free agents) use the media to create an illusion (to get a better deal).

Rise

Liked Posts:
Most of the time They (the Bears) are really in on these guys. They (the free agents) use the media to create an illusion (to get a better deal).

In with a realistic shot.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The only reason he wasn't a penalty factory again in 2020 was because refs just stopped throwing flags against offensive linemen. I don't expect that will be a recurring theme in 2021, it actually made the game kind of shitty and less watchable.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
There were two options the Bears realistically had to improving offensively. Pushing all their chips into a big quarterback trade was one, it wasn't possible. So it goes.

The other was big upgrades at both tackle positions. What we are going to get is our third year of shitty Charles Leno Jr. sucking ass and the same guy who played all right for them last year. It is truly inexplicable that Leno Jr. continues to be the worst player in the league at his position yet keeps on coming into camp without even competition at starter. I generally defend Ryan Pace but his total neglect of offensive tackle is very aggravating.
My guess is instead of addressing it in the draft like he should, he'll trade almost all the draft to move up and get Lance. Lance will then end up a bust because they will force him to play next year under the ineptitude of this staff with a mediocre oline and weapons. I seriously hate this franchise. It is sad that the fan base realized what a clusterfuck this offseason would be with the lame duck staff and gm, but Phillips and mccaskey didn't realize/care

Montucky

Liked Posts:
My guess is instead of addressing it in the draft like he should, he'll trade almost all the draft to move up and get Lance. Lance will then end up a bust because they will force him to play next year under the ineptitude of this staff with a mediocre oline and weapons. I seriously hate this franchise. It is sad that the fan base realized what a clusterfuck this offseason would be with the lame duck staff and gm, but Phillips and mccaskey didn't realize/care
Yeah this is pretty obviously how it will go. Andy Dalton lasts maybe five weeks before getting killed with the worst offensive tackle tandem in the NFL, then the rookie comes in and from his first dropback is running for his life all year. Develops all the bad habits, never gets to calm down, half the fans and media give up on him before his second year, he turns into a mental wreck. The new head coach and general manager have a broken quarterback, destroyed roster and no first round pick. Also no cap space.

Ryan Pace going to pull a Phil Emery here and put the Bears in a mini dark age.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The worst part, Pace isn't even doing a good job selling out to save his job. I could admire desperation but this just...sad.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
sometimes the best move is no move. Wish pace would learn that simple lesson. He is the worst gm we have ever had, yes worse than emery and his lesbian coach.
I think he's far better than Emery.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think he's far better than Emery.
He did a very good job building the Bears up to that 2018 level and has done an extraordinary job getting value in the draft despite the Mack trade. But he just doesn't seem to grasp what winning NFL teams do and he somehow thinks he can get away with bargain bin rummaging at the two most important offensive positions (tackle and quarterback). The roster feels atrophied, which is kind of remarkable because he's been drafting late round studs basically every year. The Bears are just slowly, steadily getting worse and worse as time goes on.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought of this yesterday and heard it on the score this morning.
If Pace can't go all in on a QB which seems likely, maybe their plan B is to go all in on upgrading the tackles and bring in Dalton to be a better game manager than Mitch was and hope they can squeak out a 9 win year and save their jobs.
Williams at LT, pick #20 at RT, get another real RB and let Lazor call the plays permanently.
Sexy, no but their options are limited.
2021 is all about saving their jobs no matter how they do it.

I'd actually HOPE SO if you're right. There was never any expectation of significant contention for SB this year, unless Wilson/Watson. Even then, they'd give up so much, I doubt the dual-tackle need would be addressed if they overspent for one of them.

The above still allows a developmental QB in mid rounds. Can always trade up & go big next draft for top prospect.
They will technically still be available later this summer if/when the Watson standoff drags out. Maybe Wilson too ?‍♂️

Could still try to trade up this draft too, but they'd have more ammo and less competition next draft. Who TH knows. Feels like Glennon take 2 right now. Better contract than Glennon but they still have Foles' dead weight so ~ even I guess.

Get Williams if able to afford! Curious...him or keep ARob if it's a choice?

Perspective

Liked Posts:
He did a very good job building the Bears up to that 2018 level and has done an extraordinary job getting value in the draft despite the Mack trade. But he just doesn't seem to grasp what winning NFL teams do and he somehow thinks he can get away with bargain bin rummaging at the two most important offensive positions (tackle and quarterback). The roster feels atrophied, which is kind of remarkable because he's been drafting late round studs basically every year. The Bears are just slowly, steadily getting worse and worse as time goes on.

What is he realistically supposed to do if both Sea and Hous said they are not trading their QB - no one cares what you offer them .... you cannot make a one man team and give them 15 top 3 round draft picks either ..... so once the teams said they are going to call their QBs bluff and let them rot on the bench if they want to, what is Pace supposed to do? Do nothing until opening day? I do think they will get a QB in the draft too .... not sure via trade up or get someone in the 2nd round to develop behind Dalton/Foles

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What is he realistically supposed to do if both Sea and Hous said they are not trading their QB - no one cares what you offer them .... you cannot make a one man team and give them 15 top 3 round draft picks either ..... so once the teams said they are going to call their QBs bluff and let them rot on the bench if they want to, what is Pace supposed to do? Do nothing until opening day? I do think they will get a QB in the draft too .... not sure via trade up or get someone in the 2nd round to develop behind Dalton/Foles
He should've built the offensive line. Especially the tackles, he's actually done an OK job at the interior line. With the quarterbacks you can at least say he has taken a lot of tries, but this team went into the season with Bobbie Massie and Charles Leno Jr. for three straights seasons and it kept getting worse and worse. Now that Massie is literally expired he just deferred almost immediately to Germain Ifedi, another retread on a one year deal that may or may not work out. Oh, and Leno Jr. is still about as bad a day-one starting left tackle as you'll find in the NFL and there is zero indication Pace intends to upgrade him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a depressing day to be a Chicago Bears fan.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

100% agree on how they floated with Leno this long. Total negligence and idiocy.

As of now however, they got Ifedi as an average ass backup/starter at RT, so there's that. Ifedi > Massie (not saying much)
I have to imagine they'll draft a startable Tackle early if they don't blow their wad to move up for a QB.

I just can't see another year of Leno, despite what many said. But who the hell knows!?? ...Very possible given recent experience tho. I'm not losing my shit just yet. If they do ignore Tackle further it'll be at their demise. Meh