Bears meet with HaHa Clinton-Dix

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Most teams run like this...

Indianapolis Colts- GM Ryan Grigson controls the 53-man roster, with Head Coach Chuck Pagano providing plenty of input. Owner Jim Irsay is in the building every day, and has experience of being an GM in the past, and is a part of all major decisions, but typically tries to remain hands off unless he is needed.

San Francisco 49ers - Head Coach Jim Harbaugh and GM Trent Baalke report to owner Jed York. Baalke retains control of the 53-man roster, while Harbaugh makes the game day roster moves. Chief Operating Officer Paraag Marathe controls the team's salary cap and negotiating, receiving input from Baalke, but reporting to York.

but some run it like this...

New England Patriots - Bill Belichick runs everything. Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio (a candidate for the Dolphins' GM position), President Jonathan Kraft, and owner Robert Kraft all meet with Belichick as a four man council for major decisions, but Belichick has final say on everything football related.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2014/1/25/5343964/nfl-power-structures-who-really-runs-a-team

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Depends on your perspective. Dix can't really tackle at all. Jackson's not a good tackler. Amos was a great tackler. But HCD runs circles around Amos in coverage. Amos is certainly more consistent though, which I think gives him the edge.

Dix has never had a year with less than 79 tackles. Amos' best year was 73 tackles. Dix also has way more interceptions. As far as Passes Defensed, they're about the same with Amos having a great year last year. Sacks is about the same also.

Dix is definitely an upgrade over Amos. And we can probably get him cheaper since Amos has more hype on him for being a Bear.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 2-3 year deal for Dix.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It’s out there that the Bears love Callahan as a person and player but absolutely hate his medical history. Hell, Jason Verrett is a much better player than Callahan but he absolutely can’t stay healthy. Availability matters!

If you don’t think Ha Ha with his ball skills, behind this front 7 can’t be as impactful as Amos, you need to put down the crack pipe.

Well said. People who don't look at health as a part of the player you're choosing just needs to think about how nice it was last year that the Bears had a pretty good year when it came to health which we're not used to. Before last year we were one of the worst teams in the league for players getting injured for years and it sucked but last year we did pretty damn good with health and ended up 12-4.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
He seemed good just about every time i saw him play the bears...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5bba4b540d9e2be97f000003.png

Shortly after he was traded for a 4th. I watched him for 4 1/2 years against the Lions, was NEVER impressed. he is not better than Amos, sorry. But enjoy, you will find out soon enough.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well said. People who don't look at health as a part of the player you're choosing just needs to think about how nice it was last year that the Bears had a pretty good year when it came to health which we're not used to. Before last year we were one of the worst teams in the league for players getting injured for years and it sucked but last year we did pretty damn good with health and ended up 12-4.

We played the game like Neanderthals due to primitive coaching and the players paid a physical price. Now we play smart and think about snaps and hit angles and don’t take the same head on collisions of old school. So yeah...”we were lucky with injuries”...or we made our luck.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:

Shortly after he was traded for a 4th. I watched him for 4 1/2 years against the Lions, was NEVER impressed. he is not better than Amos, sorry. But enjoy, you will find out soon enough.

I've seen Kyle Fuller get trucked like that. Maybe we should get rid of him too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If the bears traded Brian Urlacher the day after Tom Brady juked him out and made the 1st down they would be dumb fucks. That’s the type of shit McCarthy would do with his ego.

I’m not worried about the footing and leverage of a single dynamic play, I’ll take Haha with Jackson behind our front and see what happens.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Would be a solid addition.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the bears traded Brian Urlacher the day after Tom Brady juked him out and made the 1st down they would be dumb fucks. That’s the type of shit McCarthy would do with his ego.

I’m not worried about the footing and leverage of a single dynamic play, I’ll take Haha with Jackson behind our front and see what happens.

The discussion is who would you rather have, Amos or Ha ha. And while the picture I posted is the funniest, it's not the only one like that.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/94...-safety-ha-ha-clinton-dix-for-long-touchdown/

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/30/breaking-down-the-packers-trade-of-s-ha-ha-clinton-dix/

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...on-dix-so-incredibly-inconsistent/1840223002/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/11/ha-ha-clinton-dix-still-finding-his-way-weeks-afte/

https://totalpackers.com/2018/01/leroy-butler-no-fan-ha-ha-clinton-dix/

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The discussion is who would you rather have, Amos or Ha ha. And while the picture I posted is the funniest, it's not the only one like that.

It’s a coverage league now and HaHa has the edge in coverage.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I am starting to wonder if we might get Callahan back as well. No news about him yet, are teams scared about his injury?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

There were idiots on this forum posting pictures and videos of individual bad plays by Derwin James while at FSU when I was advocating that the Bears should draft him. The suggestion was he isn’t a good player which is laughable. If you play enough football, you’re going to get beaten and sometimes badly. It happens...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There were idiots on this forum posting pictures and videos of individual bad plays by Derwin James while at FSU when I was advocating that the Bears should draft him. The suggestion was he isn’t a good player which is laughable. If you play enough football, you’re going to get beaten and sometimes badly. It happens...

Your right, it does, but lack of effort and being afraid of getting physical is a real issue. Those that don't think Ha HA has a tackling problem might want to watch more film.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your right, it does, but lack of effort and being afraid of getting physical is a real issue. Those that don't think Ha HA has a tackling problem might want to watch more film.

My point was every safety either develops a “tackling problem” on a bad defense or will get hurt. Everyone has to put 35 on that defense to win against Rodgers and they give it up routinely.

Take 35 tackles off HaHas plate, keep it clean in front of him...and watch.

You can even rotate Bush into standard SS situations and keep both HaHa/Jackson a little fresher. Or lean toward big nickel (3 safeties ) to cover up Callahan. Or bring Callahan back too and have nickel depth.

Alabama conditions. Mack, Floyd, Houston, goldy, Hicks, Nichols.

Rise

Liked Posts:

With all due respect Haha averages more tackles per year than Amos. It is not up for debate who makes more plays. On the flip side it is not up for debate who has given up more plays as well. You have to factor in the team around the player as well. Haha has never played on a defense with this much talent. The argument to me is what type of player does this defense need? Amos was perfect because he was so solid and safe, Haha is more of a playmaker but also a risk taker. Can he tone that down so he doesn't get burned? I don't know, it is risky but that is the card we are going to play if signed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This defense needs to add Houston or Ansah in a low pressure rotate with Floyd role to both be fresh. I think less presssure would be great for all 3 players, but I prefer Houston.

How many double teams did Houston see to drop his sack totals?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Well, there is not really a point to debating whether we'd rather have Amos, as that is not a possibility.

It's a question of whether you can get Ha Ha at a price you think is OK, or whether you go to a different option.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Amos is better than haha

But reality is you can’t have the top player at every position with a salary cap. Otherwise there would never be a free agency

We have big contracts with Goldman, hicks, Mack, trevethian, fuller and smith and Floyd with top ten pick money. If Landon Collins gets 14 mil a year Jackson is going to get 16 mil if they wait another two years to extend him

So the reality check Amos @9 mil a year just wasn’t happening. A defense full of stars can handle the short comings of haha and buster