Bears meet with HaHa Clinton-Dix

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, there is not really a point to debating whether we'd rather have Amos, as that is not a possibility.

It's a question of whether you can get Ha Ha at a price you think is OK, or whether you go to a different option.

Amos is better than haha

But reality is you can’t have the top player at every position with a salary cap. Otherwise there would never be a free agency

We have big contracts with Goldman, hicks, Mack, trevethian, fuller and smith and Floyd with top ten pick money. If Landon Collins gets 14 mil a year Jackson is going to get 16 mil if they wait another two years to extend him

So the reality check Amos @9 mil a year just wasn’t happening. A defense full of stars can handle the short comings of haha and buster

Ok, and I am saying the two will end up with comparably close contracts, in which case the Bears made a bad decision.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Are there any safeties in the raft who are very talented but broke their leg senior year?

That has worked well for us.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This defense needs to add Houston or Ansah in a low pressure rotate with Floyd role to both be fresh. I think less presssure would be great for all 3 players, but I prefer Houston.

How many double teams did Houston see to drop his sack totals?

Wy does everyone keep bringing up Ansah? Dude is coming off shoulder surgery and has not even been cleared to play yet. I love Ziggy, but his best days are over.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wy does everyone keep bringing up Ansah? Dude is coming off shoulder surgery and has not even been cleared to play yet. I love Ziggy, but his best days are over.

And by "everyone", you mean one or two people?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are there any safeties in the raft who are very talented but broke their leg senior year?

I’m hoping the bears priced HaHa under Gibson, made a prude business offer at 3 for 18 or 2 for 15, 4 for 25

And let him go home. If our offer is competitive and he has a chip against Green Bay maybe we get a bargain,

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With all due respect Haha averages more tackles per year than Amos. It is not up for debate who makes more plays. On the flip side it is not up for debate who has given up more plays as well. You have to factor in the team around the player as well. Haha has never played on a defense with this much talent. The argument to me is what type of player does this defense need? Amos was perfect because he was so solid and safe, Haha is more of a playmaker but also a risk taker. Can he tone that down so he doesn't get burned? I don't know, it is risky but that is the card we are going to play if signed.

We pretty much agree, but on the other "flip side" ha ha makes more tackles because he has more opportunities to make tackles. He also has far more half hearted attempts at making tackles. It cuts both ways. And what doesn't show up on the stat sheet is when Ha Ha makes an interception in the first quarter, and then gets burned three times leading to points (be it a first down on a 3rd down conversion that later leads to points, or gettign burned for a TD) in the rest of the game.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And by "everyone", you mean one or two people?

no, at least 4. Would you prefer I word it "why do some people"? Does everything have to be taken so literally around here? Oh wait, nm.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Pagano is known for blitzing safeties and having Haha and EJ allows Pagano to blitz either and still have a safety that can cover the field. With how pass heavy the league is our front 7 is plenty to dominate in the run game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am starting to wonder if we might get Callahan back as well. No news about him yet, are teams scared about his injury?

I can't think teams would be that scared off though cause hasn't he played in at least 12 games the last few years for us? 12 games isn't bad and it's not like he's missing significant time but who knows that could be it. He hasn't been the starter since he's been with us either.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ok, and I am saying the two will end up with comparably close contracts, in which case the Bears made a bad decision.

If they give him any more then 6 mil a year I agree they fleeced themselves

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

french-broad-rafting.jpg

(as long as were going to nit-pick)

msadows

Liked Posts:
5bba4b540d9e2be97f000003.png

Shortly after he was traded for a 4th. I watched him for 4 1/2 years against the Lions, was NEVER impressed. he is not better than Amos, sorry. But enjoy, you will find out soon enough.

The bears could march your fat ass out at SS and they'd still make Matt Stafford look like the scrub he is.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

One of the true physical freaks.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears could march your fat ass out at SS and they'd still make Matt Stafford look like the scrub he is.

And yet the Bears are 3-9 in the last 12 meetings against him. So yeah if the Bears sweep the Lions the next 3 years they will be at .500 over a 7 year span. None of which is relevant to the conversation at hand I might add. Not sure why your so butt hurt, this isn't a Lions vs bears argument, rather I thought Amos was dam good, better than Ha Ha sux Dix. Wasn't Amos a Bears player? And Ha Ha a packer? If we had this conversation last year, I am sure everyone here would agree with me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Clinton-Dix missed 3 tackles last season with the Redskins

Adrian Amos misses 9

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the true physical freaks.

I hope he gets healthy and has a resurgence, I really do. I just wouldn't bank on it, his body is breaking down. Some of the injuries he has sustained over the last few years have come from relatively minor contact, something you wouldn't expect to have taken so long to recover from.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clinton-Dix missed 3 tackles last season with the Redskins

Adrian Amos misses 9

He only played half the year with the redskins though, and I am not sure how many snaps he took in the first few games when there. so unless your figure also includes the time he spent last year with Gb, that is kinda cherry picking stats, don't you think?

Admittedly I did not watch him play much as a 'Skin, but the overwhelming body of his work has been as a Packer.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope he gets healthy and has a resurgence, I really do. I just wouldn't bank on it, his body is breaking down. Some of the injuries he has sustained over the last few years have come from relatively minor contact, something you wouldn't expect to have taken so long to recover from.

Fair enough I prefer Houston as the cap stone to our off season after we add HaHa at bargain.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough I prefer Houston as the cap stone to our off season after we add HaHa at bargain.

if you can get Ha Ha at somewhere around 6.5 mil a year, then I will rescind my thoughts on it being a poor choice. I just think he will sign closer to 8 mil a year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don't get someone says the Bears fleeced themselves if Ha Ha gets more than $6 million.

Amos is making over $9 million per year.

Ha Ha is a downgrade, but not a huge one.

Two years ago - without Eddie Jackson - Amos was absolutely not any better. Ha Ha and Eddie together would be a "soft landing" for the Bears. Less money and the dropoff, if any, would not be much. Ha Ha covers better.