Bears move up to pick 5

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No thanks. Just be prepared to trade a few firsts if you want a QB. Or just roll with the great Jared Goff.
Because drafting 1st rnd QB's seems to be working out oh so well for the Bears?
Justin Fields has one, count them, one, game where he threw for over 200 yds (and barely at that)
Goff has only two games where he didn't throw for over 200 yards.
And yes, Goff is mediocre at best, just doesn't say a whole lot for JF.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields has one, count them, one, game where he threw for over 200 yds (and barely at that)
Do you think that Goff is better than Fields?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah points matter not passing yards. It is obvious to most in the NFL that Fields is carrying this O on his back with a weak supporting cast.

The passing yard argument is stupid when we are running 60-65% of the time. By contrast the Lions are almost 60% pass. If I changed that to only 35%-40% passing then Goff would have several more games below 200 yards. Running the quick math, he would have 6-7 games where he did not reach 200 yards if I took away 20-25% of his pass attempts without the rushing yards to make up for it.

More importantly he has 20 TDs compared to 15 for Goff. TDs = points.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah points matter not passing yards. It is obvious to most in the NFL that Fields is carrying this O on his back with a weak supporting cast.

The passing yard argument is stupid when we are running 60-65% of the time. By contrast the Lions are almost 60% pass. If I changed that to only 35%-40% passing then Goff would have several more games below 200 yards. Running the quick math, he would have 6-7 games where he did not reach 200 yards if I took away 20-25% of his pass attempts without the rushing yards to make up for it.

More importantly he has 20 TDs compared to 15 for Goff. TDs = points.
Goff has more wins, and less hesitation to throw the ball when he is supposed to. I am not impressed when Fields is inable to make a decision and opts to tuck and run. Fields also has quite a bit more sacks.

And you have already used the arguments that the Bears O-line is better than the Lions, and Mooney is better than St. Brown.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goff has more wins, and less hesitation to throw the ball when he is supposed to. I am not impressed when Fields is inable to make a decision and opts to tuck and run. Fields also has quite a bit more sacks.

And you have already used the arguments that the Bears O-line is better than the Lions, and Mooney is better than St. Brown.

Lol at more wins. Wins is not a QB stat. It doesnt matter if you are impressed. NFL people are.

And you have argued the Lions OL and WRs are better so not sure your point. Fields has accounted for more TDs despite a weaker supporting cast per you. He has accounted for more TDs with a better supporting cast allegedly per me. The only constant is he has accounted for more TDs ie more points. That is all that really matters.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Fields has more potential, but at this moment, Goff is a better QB. However, neither are particularly good.
Fantastic. Looks like you're happier with Goff than having Fields. Must be a gr8 feeling. ?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol at more wins. Wins is not a QB stat. It doesnt matter if you are impressed. NFL people are.

And you have argued the Lions OL and WRs are better so not sure your point. Fields has accounted for more TDs despite a weaker supporting cast per you. He has accounted for more TDs with a better supporting cast allegedly per me. The only constant is he has accounted for more TDs ie more points. That is all that really matters.
Fields success is not sustainable, thus witness the injury. But if your happy with having a starting Qb that might be lucky to play 8-10 games a year, more power to you.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fantastic. Looks like you're happier with Goff than having Fields. Must be a gr8 feeling. ?
Fields growth is being stunted by an OC that is in over his head, and will try anything to avoid looking like a complete failure, including putting undue risk on his young QB.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Do you think that Goff is better than Fields?
Well, to be fair, Goff did play for the Superior BEARS, Go Cal Bears and what an amazing comeback win the RacerX fam witnessed last Saturday in the Big Game in Berkeley! And F the 'Furd!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fields growth is being stunted by an OC that is in over his head, and will try anything to avoid looking like a complete failure, including putting undue risk on his young QB.
So you're happy with Goff and maybe will take a chance at Fields when the Bears ruin him?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields success is not sustainable, thus witness the injury. But if your happy with having a starting Qb that might be lucky to play 8-10 games a year, more power to you.

The topic wasn't sustainability but who has been better to this point. In addition, he has an injury for which he has yet to miss a game. Poor attempt at trying to change the subject.

Putting up 30 points per game sure looks like he is not in over his head.