Bears News: Barkley signed off PS

rextc

Liked Posts:
Is Shane Falco available?

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Yes, It is clear by the 2 games in his career he has had with over 3 passes, of which 85% of his passes were when he was brought in the second half while trailing, that he will never amount to anything.

Sounds like you are making excuses for him.

He sucks, anyone thinking he can spark this offense is delusional

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"The backup QB is the most popular guy in town"

I'm not even saying I "like" Barkley as a player. What I'm saying here is you have a 2-3 week window here to actually audition a QB and the Bears don't appear to be moving to do it. What do the Bears realistically have to lose by giving Barkley a lot of reps? Some games? You've already lost two of those with Cutler. Barkley could very and most likely does suck. But you might as well give it a shot. If he's awful, whatever. If he's good he gives you options...

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Greatest offensive performance by the Bears in my lifetime. McCown and the Bears never punt, never turn the ball over. Simply score on every possession. After the game we are in position to take the division with the hottest QB in the NFL. What happens the next day? Benched and never plays again for the Bears.

That story sums up this organization.
LOL McCown was horrible.. 1 lucky season in 20 does not make him any good. Never seen so many easy picks dropped.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sounds like you are making excuses for him.

He sucks, anyone thinking he can spark this offense is delusional
No, he has sucked a grand total of 50 NFL passes. #jumptoconclusions.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I'm not even saying I "like" Barkley as a player. What I'm saying here is you have a 2-3 week window here to actually audition a QB and the Bears don't appear to be moving to do it. What do the Bears realistically have to lose by giving Barkley a lot of reps? Some games? You've already lost two of those with Cutler. Barkley could very and most likely does suck. But you might as well give it a shot. If he's awful, whatever. If he's good he gives you options...
That wasn't directed at you lol, I get what you're sayng.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
LOL McCown was horrible.. 1 lucky season in 20 does not make him any good. Never seen so many easy picks dropped.
That was a fun moment. I dont think Cutler ever did a run like that.
It was fun to watch..the offense scheme worked with McCown but not with Cutler. It doesnt make him better thsn him but he fit the scheme better.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Matt Barkley is garbage. He's not some young question mark. He is an awful QB.

where do you get this? he was 30-49 for 300 yards in two professional games, part of that time he was on cheerleader duty with Chip with posters.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
where do you get this? he was 30-49 for 300 yards in two professional games, part of that time he was on cheerleader duty with Chip with posters.
He also threw 4 picks and 0 TDs, why leave that part out? But yeah, I get it from actually seeing him play and not looking at stats.

I swear, some of you guys deserve to root for awful QBs.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

stfu.

mccown played well last year, as a brown, and though is career stats are not good hes been on some really really shitty teams. In the end he isnt a terrible QB. Hes capable of far better QB play than jay will ever be capable of. he was on fire during that run in 2013. the o was rolling. and then jay gets his job back. thats the funny part, funny in a sad kind of way. jay can only dream of ever playing that well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He also threw 4 picks and 0 TDs, why leave that part out? But yeah, I get it from actually seeing him play and not looking at stats.

I swear, some of you guys deserve to root for awful QBs.
No one has seen him play meaningful downs with real NFL players for over 2 seasons, you have no fucking idea if he is trash or treasure. That's the thing, at least he is a slightly unknown quantity, a glimmer of hope. And if not, no loss, move on.

Last edited:

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
No one has seen him play meaningful downs with real NFL players for over 2 seasons, you have no fucking idea if he is trash or treasure. That's the thing, at least he is a slightly unknown quantity, a glimmer of hope. And if not, no loss, move on.
Nah I'm pretty sure he's fucking garbage.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nah I'm pretty sure he's fucking garbage.
Well that's not really sticking your neck out there. He likely is not the answer, but at this point he is about the only Bear QB with likely in that phrase.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just shaking that rust off in Philly. He's gonna be as popular as Ditka in Chicago.