Bears open as 3 point favorites over the Vikings

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I agree.

Bears get a few extra hours to prepare thanks to the primetime flex, not sure how much that plays into things.

Regardless... this should be a great game and I can't wait. Regardless of outcome, they should be able to steamroll the Lions on Thanksgiving.

Sunday night to Thursday morning....I really doubt the steamroll anyone. Might be the first really ugly game the Bears have all year.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sunday night to Thursday morning....I really doubt the steamroll anyone. Might be the first really ugly game the Bears have all year.

Lions stink... it was all Golladay today. Shut him down and Bears are good to go.

Offense was good and will be on short rest IMO.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
If Codey Parkey leaves 8 points on the board the Bears will lose this game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is the game which will let us know if team is ready to truly contend. Gotta beat your top division rival at home with the bright lights shining.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You get 3 points for being a home team so in essence it's a pickem game.

Except for the fact the Bears ARE at home, thus making it a 3 point game.

A pick'em game is when neither team gets points. That is not the case here.

If it were at a neutral site, then it would be a pick'em game. But it is not.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This is the game which will let us know if team is ready to truly contend. Gotta beat your top division rival at home with the bright lights shining.

Our top division rival will always be the packers. But other than that I agree it will be a huge test for us. Luckily we have won 3 straight and feel really good about ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thinking was with Lions and Minny, Bears have to take 3 of 4. The real games that will tell us if they're ready to contend happens when they play Rams and Packers back to back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Our top division rival will always be the packers. But other than that I agree it will be a huge test for us. Luckily we have won 3 straight and feel really good about ourselves.

Nah. Minny is right behind us. Don't care about history. This season we gotta beat Minny to take division. They are a more complete team than Pack.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'm a little surprised Bears are 3 pt favs over the Vikings. Bears are moving up, eh? Some of the real unbiased experts are the odds makers, right?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a little surprised Bears are 3 pt favs over the Vikings. Bears are moving up, eh? Some of the real unbiased experts are the odds makers, right?

According to Omelet it is because a lot of people in Chicago bet on the Bears...so Vegas has to account for that by artificially inflating the point spread....

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nah. Minny is right behind us. Don't care about history. This season we gotta beat Minny to take division. They are a more complete team than Pack.

Well of course the Vikings are more complete than the packers. They’re a one man show. And he has been shaky all year. But we could still win the division losing on Sunday but I don’t think we will lose anyways. They still have tough games with the Patriots and Seahawks. I think they lose in New England so we still have a chance.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
According to Omelet it is because a lot of people in Chicago bet on the Bears...so Vegas has to account for that by artificially inflating the point spread....
If booking companies are charging a service fee for every Bears game that gets bet on, then they can make some money on volume. But absent that there's no financial benefit to inflate the point spread.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This game is huge.

I’d love to be pleasantly surprised, but I’m all but counting the Thanksgiving Lions game as a loss. Sunday noon to Thursday night is tough enough. Sunday night to Thursday morning is unbearable. The Bears won’t win that game. It’ll be like an NBA back-to-back, which teams overwhelmingly don’t win. But I’d love to be proven wrong.

That’s why this Vikings game is so huge. You win that one, you’re probably only one division game win away from playoffs.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's possible but it will still be adjusted in accordance to how the betting goes throughout the week so doesn't really matter where it starts. I also think people who haven't actually seen the Vikes play this year are overrating them. They haven't really beaten anyone and have looked bad at times. I definitely don't see them as being superior to the Bears. It's the type game you would just expect the home team to be favored.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That's possible but it will still be adjusted in accordance to how the betting goes throughout the week so doesn't really matter where it starts. I also think people who haven't actually seen the Vikes play this year are overrating them. They haven't really beaten anyone and have looked bad at times. I definitely don't see them as being superior to the Bears. It's the type game you would just expect the home team to be favored.

I agree. It would take a lot for an intra-division away team to be favored AT the first place team’s field.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think people take the 3 points for home thing too literally

You really think every team has the same home field advantage? You think a team like Dallas who appears to have hardly any home field advantage is the same as somewhere like Foxborough?

I mean it’s a decent tool but too many people take it in stone. Just because Chicago is a 3 point favorite doesn’t necessarily mean Vegas thinks it’s a pick em on a neutral field. There’s a lot of variables.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

Not saying this happens with the Bears, but it does happen. Vegas is trying to just profit off the juice.

Maybe with teams like Dallas or New England the line may move because of that. Don’t really think that’s the case with the Bears though.

And besides that it’s not about which team has more bets going it’s way. It’s about the sharps putting big money on one team. If ten people put a dollar on the Bears and one guy puts $20 on the Vikings the lines gonna move based off the $20 bet not the 10 $1 bets

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cousins has played out of his ass vs the Bears. I hope we don't have a letdown defensively.