Bears open as 3 point favorites over the Vikings

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well of course the Vikings are more complete than the packers. They’re a one man show. And he has been shaky all year. But we could still win the division losing on Sunday but I don’t think we will lose anyways. They still have tough games with the Patriots and Seahawks. I think they lose in New England so we still have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think we probably need to split with them realistically.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This game is huge.

I’d love to be pleasantly surprised, but I’m all but counting the Thanksgiving Lions game as a loss. Sunday noon to Thursday night is tough enough. Sunday night to Thursday morning is unbearable. The Bears won’t win that game. It’ll be like an NBA back-to-back, which teams overwhelmingly don’t win. But I’d love to be proven wrong.

That’s why this Vikings game is so huge. You win that one, you’re probably only one division game win away from playoffs.

Disagree. Lions are terrible and we just played them so note a lot is going to change in 11 days. Shouldn't take that much to tweak todays game plan.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree. Lions are terrible and we just played them so note a lot is going to change in 11 days. Shouldn't take that much to tweak today's game plan.

Lions are tougher at home than away......home field advantage does exist. It is a divisional game and I don't expect it to be a cake walk...Divisional games are always huge.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lions are tougher at home than away......home field advantage does exist. It is a divisional game and I don't expect it to be a cake walk...Divisional games are always huge.

Didn't say it was a cake walk. Said game planning for a team you just played 7 days ago is not some impossible task. They just need to tweak what they did today. Det isn't going to redesign in offense between now and Monday morning after Vike game.

It is a game we have to win if we serious about being a contender. No excuses.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't say it was a cake walk. Said game planning for a team you just played 7 days ago is not some impossible task.

It is a game we have to win if we serious about being a contender. No excuses.

The Lions are not going to be static or plan exactly like they did this time...game of cat and mouse.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This game will show where the Bears stand in the league and division. The win might set up a very possible 6 game win streak before facing the Rams

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Lions are not going to be static or plan exactly like they did this time...game of cat and mouse.

They also aren't going to magically redesign their team and find all pro blockers between now and next Monday.

We are the better team hands down.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They also aren't going to magically redesign their team and find all pro blockers between now and next Monday.

We are the better team hands down.

I don't disagree we are better. Doesn't mean you roll out the same plan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree we are better. Doesn't mean you roll out the same plan.

Who said we would. I said we have time to tweak it since we just played them. Different than having to game plan from scratch.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions are a Jekyll and Hyde team. They have beaten the Packers and the Pats. I don't take any game against them lightly

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said we would. I said we have time to tweak it since we just played them. Different than having to game plan from scratch.

I don't think any team starts over an entire game plan from scratch in the middle of the season.....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think any team starts over an entire game plan from scratch in the middle of the season.....

Yes and playing the same team twice in 11 days means neither team has a lot of time for adjustments so not seeing issue here.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Bears should beat the Lions again. They are a drastically better team outside of special teams. If they lose, it will be turnovers.

Lions have not played that well or inspired on Thanksgiving. Atleast not in many many years. They always seem to crumble like a ginger bread cookie in a 2 year old's hands.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Vikings lost to the Bills by 20 and we beat the Bills by 30....so we should win this game by 50!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I know it is cringeworthy to look ahead like this, however...

We have Vikings, at Lions, at Giants. If we can get to 9-3, we might be close to clinching the division.

Vikings would be 5-4-1 after losing to us. Then they have home vs Green Bay and at New England. If they beat GB and lose at NE, they are 6-5-1.
Packers are 4-4-1 and have at Seattle, at Minnesota, vs Arizona. If they lose to Seattle and Minnesota and beat Arizona, they are 5-6-1.

If all that happens, beating the Rams could actually clinch the division.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lions are a Jekyll and Hyde team. They have beaten the Packers and the Pats. I don't take any game against them lightly

If this last loss to the Bears didn’t break the spirit of the Lions, losing to Carolina will.

Rumblings are, that Patricia is not liked by his players. He’s about to completely lose that team.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubisky has been playing better football than Cousins as of late.

Specifically in their recent matchups against the same opponents.

Against the Jets:

Trubisky: 271 total yards (220 passing, 51 rushing) 2 total tds (2 passing 0 rushing) 0 turnovers (0 fumbles) 102.7 rating

Cousins: 240 total yards (241 yards passing, -1 yards rushing) 2 total tds (2 passing 0 rushing) 0 turnovers (1 fumble 0 lost). 95.9 rating.

One stat of note, it took Cousins 10 more attempts than Trubisky, to get those extra 21 yards passing.

Against the Lions:

Trubisky:

373 total yards (355 passing, 18 rushing) 4 total tds (3 passing, 1 rushing) 0 turnovers (0 fumbles). 148.6 rating.

Cousins:

167 total yards (164 passing, 3 rushing) 1 td, 2 turnovers (1 int, 1 fumble, 1 lost). 93.9 rating.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Anybody know how bad their o line actually has been? If it’s truly as bad as it’s made out to be we should have a huge advantage in the trenches