Bears Part Ways with Sitton

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sitton could have gone one more year and allowed more time to develop Morgan or draft someone on Day 3 and develop.

Replace them is the key. This has been a huge weakness of Pace, failing to replace players that they have moved on from.

except at the CB position, RB position, OL position, LB position, DL position......other than that you were spot on.....

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason Pace is moving on from Sitton is obvious, right? Beyond age, injury potential, and salary I mean.

Nagy is going to run a more dynamic uptempo scheme. They hired a strength and conditioning coach in Jason Loscalzo to that end. I would assume the evaluation of Sitton (whether he fit the scheme and their plans going forward) came from Nagy as much as from Pace.

So why call Pace stupid for the move? It's a business move and a fairly logical one as I see it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
except at the CB position, RB position, OL position, LB position, DL position......other than that you were spot on.....

We will see at CB and LB, tons of work to do there.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The reason Pace is moving on from Sitton is obvious, right? Beyond age, injury potential, and salary I mean.

Nagy is going to run a more dynamic uptempo scheme. They hired a strength and conditioning coach in Jason Loscalzo to that end. I would assume the evaluation of Sitton (whether he fit the scheme and their plans going forward) came from Nagy as much as from Pace.

So why call Pace stupid for the move? It's a business move and a fairly logical one as I see it.

Then do it when you have a replacement for him. No issue with moving on from Sitton, if you have a replacement.

When will we cut Bobbie Massie, because he has no business in the system you suggest?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will see at CB and LB, tons of work to do there.

add safety to the list of improvements as well.

the starting CBs were Fulller and Jennings...Fuller and Amukamara are better.....LBs were McClellin, Bostic and the last year of Briggs and williams......

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DWlPj-pXcAAk9K_

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then do it when you have a replacement for him. No issue with moving on from Sitton, if you have a replacement.

When will we cut Bobbie Massie, because he has no business in the system you suggest?

I’m not suggesting a system. I’m looking at the evidence that’s out there.

It’s possible they have a replacement on the roster already. Maybe there’s an off-season plan we’re not seeing yet. We’ll know more as FA starts or maybe not until camp.

You seem to have an axe to grind with Pace. Personally I’m more curious where this is heading and there are a lot of unknowns involved based on Nagy taking the reins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I do not know how people can still think this way after what we have seen in free agency from this regime.

Free agency is a cut throat, fast moving market. Last year the Bears had a great plan, landing Bouye and Stills would have been awesome improvements for the team, but it didn't happen they were rejected and then it became a disaster as they threw money at bad players to fill holes.

While you can't simply mock every top player to the Bears...the situations are quite different than last.

Last year at this time, the Bears had an older, re-tread defensive minded coach heading into what many already forecasted would be his final year as Bears HC and no answer at the QB position.

This year, the Bears enter with a young, respected, exciting offensive minded head coach and a franchise QB who had a decent rookie year. Also throw in some newly renovated facilities at Halas Hall as a little sweetener.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
add safety to the list of improvements as well.

the starting CBs were Fulller and Jennings...Fuller and Amukamara are better.....LBs were McClellin, Bostic and the last year of Briggs and williams......

Neither of the CBs you mention are under contract.

We currently have one OLB, so we need to see some stuff happen there.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m not suggesting a system. I’m looking at the evidence that’s out there.

It’s possible they have a replacement on the roster already. Maybe there’s an off-season plan we’re not seeing yet. We’ll know more as FA starts or maybe not until camp.

You seem to have an axe to grind with Pace. Personally I’m more curious where this is heading and there are a lot of unknowns involved based on Nagy taking the reins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am saying their is legitimate reasons to question "the plan" when it come to free agency.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While you can't simply mock every top player to the Bears...the situations are quite different than last.

Last year at this time, the Bears had an older, re-tread defensive minded coach heading into what many already forecasted would be his final year as Bears HC and no answer at the QB position.

This year, the Bears enter with a young, respected, exciting offensive minded head coach and a franchise QB who had a decent rookie year. Also throw in some newly renovated facilities at Halas Hall as a little sweetener.

I do think they are in a better position then last season, but that needs to translate to results.

Right now they are "hypothetically" better. We need to see actual additions.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither of the CBs you mention are under contract.

We currently have one OLB, so we need to see some stuff happen there.
Yes but they were improvements. We will have to see what happens this year, but your narrative that Pace let's people go and doesn't get better replacements, has applied to one set of positions.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Isaiah Wynn
Billy Price
James Daniels

2nd round pick, that order. Boom - nobody remembers Josh Sitton's name.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean its pretty easy to interpret. In the 10 years they looked at for that piece, OL had the highest probability of finding a starter in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds. Definitely wasn't the worst as you claimed.

If I could find someone who had done an even larger sample size than 10 years I would have posted it. I am of course interested in knowing what it would be on say a 20 year sample size.

The only one that surprises my if DL.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We have limited premium resources.

No sense in opening more holes. We are not getting more draft picks.

As I've mentioned before in this thread, I do not believe a hole is being created. You have two players on the roster right now that can/have played multiple positions along the offensive line. You also have two players on the roster that can be molded by the "best offensive line coach in the country." Beyond draft picks, two of the three I listed above have also played multiple positions in college, you still have free agency. Not a single one of us knows, right now, what Pace's plan for the offensive line is, so why get so worked up over one player on February 22.

You keep mentioning that Pace has created a hole when he didn't need to, but did he? Did Pace really create a hole in the roster, or is it just the way you see it on February 22nd?

This isn't dabears70 white-knighting for Pace. This is not getting worked up over something on February 22.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Isaiah Wynn
Billy Price
James Daniels

2nd round pick, that order. Boom - nobody remembers Josh Sitton's name.

Are you high? Unless we are landing Andrew Norwell there isn't a chance in hell people merely forget about Josh Sitton because no player is likely to give you his production. You're batshit crazy if you think guards of Sitton's caliber are readily replaced.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are you high? Unless we are landing Andrew Norwell there isn't a chance in hell people merely forget about Josh Sitton because no player is likely to give you his production. You're batshit crazy if you think guards of Sitton's caliber are readily replaced.

Did you know that hyperbole isn't in the dictionary?